Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Derek Trucks/Susan Tedeschi Band in NJ

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by cycler, May 28, 2010.

1. cycler

cycler Tele-Meister

Apr 10, 2003
    new jersey
    They'll be at the Count Basie Theatre in Red Bank, July 9th..still some good seats available.

2. robt57

robt57 Telefied Ad Free Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Man, my old stomping ground too! Time for a repeat visit maybe...

I will blame you when my wife ask why I spent all the coin for the trip. ;)

3. beach bob

beach bob Friend of Leo's

Jan 31, 2008
    South Florida
    First time I saw Derek & his band was at Ray's blues bar here in West Palm Beach; little place that was packed by the time 150 people were there. I danced with this cute, friendly little hippie chick all night, and then at the end of the show, Derek asked the hippie chick to come up and sing a couple tunes. Yep, it was Susan. A fun night :D

Enjoy the show; Derek is pretty dang fantastic...

4. robt57

Feb 29, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Has Derek's stage presence... how do I word this?? ever grow legs ?

As guitarist, my awe of his technical ability aside, he was like a Madame Tussaud figure to watch....

I just obliterated the Thumper Doctrine, but do not know how else to word that..

5. elihu

elihu Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 24, 2009
    Texas

Different gifts, I guess...

But the man has soul. This is one of my favorite performances of Derrick's. It helps that I have always loved this song. But I never thought anyone could get close to the Domino's version on Layla... until I saw this. Can't you tell that everyone involved (and those on the sideline) are having a great time? What must it feel like to be in the middle of that?

I hope Susan and Derrick do this one on tour.:cool:

6. robt57

Feb 29, 2004
    Portland, OR
    The is a Great performance across the board!

There is no denial of the prodigious degree of his talent, but to say is not very animated is pretty much an understatement.

Is that his wife singing, she looks very comfortable on stage and in front of the band and a mic.

Susan Trucks is major cool, first I have seen her that I recall, Tedeshi eh ???

If she is going to perform with them in NJ I have even more reason to try put put that trip together. She's major cool!
    She has that Bonnie Rate rasp, I dig it!! ;)

7. robt57

Feb 29, 2004
    Portland, OR
    As noted in the comments on the Youtube vid there, the 6:17 interaction was kind of neat. The drummer got lost in the vibe there.

Got me tubing now:

8. robt57

Feb 29, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Look, and she is a girl made in Tele Heaven too!

Attached Files:

9. Telebubba

Telebubba Tele-Meister

Apr 7, 2010
    Portland Oregon
    Ditto....this perfomance by all involved was outstanding, gives me goosebumps. The Blind Faith stuff that follows in this DVD is just as good, IMO. I can never see this perfomance enough.

10. elihu

Dec 24, 2009
    Texas
    Hey, when Eric Clapton is singing along with you on the sidelines you know you are doing it right.

I don't know who is singing lead with Susan, but he's doing a great job. Anybody?

11. robt57

Feb 29, 2004
    Portland, OR
    I thought so too.

12. dented

dented Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 17, 2006
    Back at the Beach
    Subtitles said Mike Mattison was the other singer.

13. elihu

Dec 24, 2009
    Texas
    He kinda sounds like Bobby Whitlock...guess that's why it works so well.

14. cycler

cycler Tele-Meister

Apr 10, 2003
    new jersey
    The first time we saw Susan Tedeschi perform was at the Waterloo Village in Stanhope, NJ.. Sean Costello was the guitar player at that time. Had no idea what to expect, actually went to see Buddy Guy, but, just amazed by Susan and Sean. Have seen her a half dozen times since. If she was performing by herself, I would go see her in Red Bank, but, throw in Derek Trucks and band, and from the tapes of shows I have, Soulstew Revival, if you can get to the show, it should be something special.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.