Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

dental salesman surgery sucks!..

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by slinger, Sep 12, 2018.

1. slinger

slinger Friend of Leo's

Mar 7, 2013
    wild west
    I have good teeth but dentists are salesmen..I got talked into drilling out my metal fillings on 2 teeth that I had no problems with..over the years I was told the plastic fillings have shrunk and they would redo them..(knowing now that everytime they do this they make a bigger hole until they get what they want) a fractured tooth..then root canals and crowns and posts..after paying 2 grand for the bottom crown..9 months later it got a bit loose..oh well we will just remove it and get some more root canal that we missed..another $1200 out of pocket..not to mention pain..2 weeks ago I noticed a little ridge above my top post and crown in the fold of the gum..again..a bit of root canal they missed a few years back..we will just go into the side of the tooth so we don't have to remove the post and crown..this morning 3 hrs. in the chair..stiches inside and out..Im still froze..and out another 2 thousand bucks..no wonder Drs. have vaults of vintage guitars....

Toto'sDad and nojazzhere like this.

2. slinger

slinger Friend of Leo's

Mar 7, 2013
    wild west

3. slinger

slinger Friend of Leo's

Mar 7, 2013
    wild west

4. slinger

slinger Friend of Leo's

Mar 7, 2013
    wild west

5. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco

6. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Tele-Holic

Aug 10, 2018
    In space with Ziggy
    When I was a kid, around 10yo the school dentists drilled and filled most of my back molars. Probably to buy a sport car with the government payments they received for carrying out the work. Six root canals later in my late 30's nearly sent me broke at the time. Don't feed your kids sugar cubes and excessive sweet things and keep them away from "free" dental plans.

7. bender66

bender66 Friend of Leo's

Jan 18, 2010
    on my bike
    I had the fillings replaced because my teeth were fracturing & chipping from expansion. I think I have 1 left & was told to leave it be unless it starts to fragment. So far so good.

Chunkocaster likes this.

8. beejay493

beejay493 TDPRI Member

Aug 28, 2009
    tyne and wear uk
    Having worked in the profession(not as a dentist),the vast majority are the most avaricious,mendacious people you could meet.When I first started in the profession,practice owners were older guys who were,in the main,doing it as a vocation.As these guys retired,they were replaced by what I call "Maggie's kids"-the Thatcher generation.Greed is good,etc etc.One dentist I worked for based his fees on which car you drove.He'd look out the window and see a Beemer or a Merc,the bill went up accordingly.I was sacked four years ago when I refused to accept a zero-hours contract-no work for three weeks while the dentist took a holiday to the Maldives.

9. johnny k

johnny k Friend of Leo's

Jan 15, 2011
    France
    i just got out of the dentist. Slightly painful descaling, but once every 6 months is good enough.

10. musicalmartin

musicalmartin Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 8, 2007
    Norfolk UK
    :);)Just have bad teeth like the us Brits .We know the secret of life.

audiopablo and Steve Holt like this.

11. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Friend of Leo's

Jan 1, 2014
    UK
    This was from the awful Jeremy Kyle show in the UK. I remember being in the kitchen and my wife yelling at me to come and see this girl's teeth lol! She had a few guys fighting over her too, still it takes all sorts as my Dad used to say. :lol:

Chunkocaster likes this.

12. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Tele-Holic

Aug 10, 2018
    In space with Ziggy
    She needs some bunting and safety cones placed around those teeth.
    They look dangerous.:)

nojazzhere and Fendereedo like this.

13. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Friend of Leo's

Jan 1, 2014
    UK
    :lol::lol::lol:

Chunkocaster likes this.

14. Uncle Bob

Uncle Bob Tele-Meister

Mar 5, 2017
    West Virginia
    I got a call earlier this week telling me I was late for my cleaning appointment. I said thanks, but I'm OK. They seemed disappointed. The last time I was in they threatened I would likely need some sort of gum treatment. My gums are fine, thank you very much. They also pitched an expensive electric toothbrush. That was just the assistant who cleans teeth, the dentist is just as bad. I'll go back when I have a real problem, thank you very much.

MuddyDitch likes this.

15. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Friend of Leo's

Feb 3, 2017
    Foat Wuth, Texas
    I was lucky growing up, our family dentist was a longtime family friend, and even went to our church. Over the years, he did regular cleanings and a few fillings. They were the mercury/amalgam fillings used in the 50's, 60's and 70's. When he retired (20 years or so ago) he sold his practice to a younger, "business" oriented dentist. This new dentist wanted to remove all the old fillings, at a high cost, and replace with a new type of material. I said I would have to think about it. Only a week or so later, Reader's Digest had an article cautioning people about dentists who buy an existing practice, and want to recover their expenses quickly....so they "recommend" a lot of unnecessary work. I ran into our old dentist later and asked him about it, and he said the amount of mercury in our fillings was so minuscule that it didn't affect anything. Needless to say, I never returned to the new dentist.

Chunkocaster likes this.

16. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    I'm editing this because I had a flash back to the many times I've had shall we say less than thrilling times at the dentist. I'm sure Sherlock Holmes could find a good dentist somewhere.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018

17. dallasblues

dallasblues Tele-Meister

Nov 29, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Just get some gold teeth and be done with it. It's just classy.

18. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    Nosferatooth

19. schmee

schmee Friend of Leo's

Jun 2, 2003
    northwest
    Plastic fillings?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.