Demo of my new band. Feedback wanted.

Discussion in 'Band Wagon' started by jguitarman, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

The female vocalist sounds flat to me. Bad key? I agree with others that she needs to loosen up a bit.

But overall, it sounds like a good demo.

2. tfarny

tfarny Friend of Leo's

Agreed that the drums and the female vox need work. It sounds very much like a small studio type of project - not sure I can put my finger on why. Have you tried doing any type of live recording, with no isos on anything and a couple of beers in you?

3. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Beyer160 nailed it it needs a slight amount of air on the vocals for sure , but for her to sing that well dry is a kudos mark , my only other feed back is that the instruments were placed back in the mix should be slightly forward

well done on the recording !

4. RCinMempho

RCinMempho Friend of Leo's

Nice job. Yes you could bring up the instruments and put a little something on the vocals.

I'm betting the vocalists aren't used to recording. She was a little off like she couldn't hear. He would do better to just forget the frills. He has a nice round tone which really blooms when he is in tune. When he does the frills he gets a bit off pitch. Good solid in tune notes are better than un-perfect Garth Brooks stuff every time. Once you get in a crowded venue the only people that can here that kind of work are other musicians.

Turn it up live and you'll be rocking the dance floor. I'd be proud of whipping out something that good under pressure.

5. Danjabellza

Danjabellza Friend of Leo's

Should have been a cowboy is the only track I had a chance to listen to so far, but my biggest pick with it would be I found the drums distracting. The constant 1/16 notes on the hihats were a little much. I think a more open and groove based approach would suit the song better. Otherwise I liked it a lot. Having listened without headphones I couldn’t differentiate left and right, but the arpeggiated guitar part reminded me very much of the smiths/Johnny Marr. In a good way.

6. DonM

DonM Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Overall, I really liked it. Agree, that female singer has a nice voice but just seems a little faint Maybe I'm just used to Linda belting that song out.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.