Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

December Backing Tracks

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Mellencaster, Nov 30, 2014.

1. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Houston
    I want to go out and rent Bad Santa:lol: Liked that a lot. Nice buildup at the end.

2. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada

3. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD

4. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Yep! It's only way I can play guitar with you all :lol:

5. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    That was pretty cool Mark, I really enjoyed that!

6. Mjark

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Very pretty Mike.

7. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Thanks Mark

8. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Oh, a lot going on here since yesterday! Besides, I also have just read the backing track thread and had a look on ChordPulse. I found you can export the tracks to a standard midi file, which gives you the opportunity to load it into Cubase (or any other DAW) and assign other instruments which should made the track sound better.

I think I will download that program later and experiment with it.

9. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    It's a nice simple program to use Ullrich.

That's the great thing about midis, I used Acoustica Mixcraft in the past to change the instruments in the midi , it work well!

I did a couple contributions at guitarbackingtrack.com way back when I couldn't find the songs I wanted.

10. udoering

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    "A hard Days Evening"

That´s what I called it. It really was a bad day, after noon. Essential sorrows about my dog, but he seems to do better, now.

I tried to make the lead giutar sound a little mad.

https://soundcloud.com/udoering/a-hard-days-evening

Mike, thank You for the bt with the beautiful additional rythm guitar.

11. udoering

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Mark, you did a nice relaxed and melodic playing. I love the sequence from 0:29 to 0:55; just beautiful!

Mike, you sounded partially as mad as I wanted to sound. Nice tele tone!

12. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Very Nice, I love the two guitar track !Your guitar had attitude in a good way

Thanks Ullrich, I did this with my newly acquired Squier tele Custom II P90 ,I love the tone of the P90 in this guitar

13. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Sorry to hear about your dog ,I hope everything is ok.

14. Mjark

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    You made some rally nice note choices there Ullrich. Very nice.

15. still_fiddlin

still_fiddlin Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

May 6, 2009
    Texas
    Well, daughter left late yesterday, so I'm not going to be able to do much this month, but I had a sort of mad karaoke moment (early warning!) early today and decided to do something different with the 3rd one this month. Things didn't go as planned, but here's the basic plot:

1. Listen to BT #3 once at the beginning of the month
    2. Listen to original and work out chords last night
    3. Download the track and realize it's in a different key, so use Audacity to change from C to A, then, while I'm at it, up BPM from 55 to 61, to get closer to original. (A little copy/paste while I'm at it.) Some artifacts enter the picture, but what the heck...
    4. Add some guitar tracks today, and start to try and add a vocal.
    5. After several/numerous attempts, my wife asks "What are you doing???" (Suggesting it's not going well :() Turns out, I can't sing like Don Henley. At all. Or even in the same range. Who knew?
    6. But, the damage is done, and I'm not going to redo everything, so, blaming it on multiple colds this fall/winter, I pull out my best basso and squawk it out an octave lower - no mistaking this for the Eagles, I'm afraid, but time marches on, and tomorrow I will practice my guitar...

https://soundcloud.com/keith-rogers-27/dec-14-bt-3-eagles-xmas

I listened to a few of the #3 submissions - nice blues licks guys. I wanted to make sure nobody else did Don Henley, hah - I will be listening to some more of the posts later this week.

P.S. Sorry for the rough month some of you have had!

P.P.S. Guitar was either the Tele or LP through my MicroCube mic'd with a Beta57a - same mic for squawks and grunts, too.

16. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Good singing Keith! You have a soothing voice like a crooner , well done! Great lead part at the 3:15 mark and I see you changed the key to A too on your track which I did the same

17. udoering

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    I only can second Mike; your singing has some "Sinatra moments" for sure. Maybe not suitable for the Top of the Pops, but in my opinion it fits to the track. And your guitar solo is real nice.

I have to admit that I had to google to assure my association with the name "Don Henley", and also googled for the Eagle´s version of that song; I never heard it before.

18. still_fiddlin

still_fiddlin Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

May 6, 2009
    Texas
    Yeah, my best leads typically happen after the song is over :).

Well, after yesterday when my wife suggested singing lessons, I figured I'm probably not gonna make the cut at The Voice or its ilk, so I'm grateful for the listens here! (In her defense, I was monitoring with headphones on when trying to get the EQ and balance on some tracks and didn't realize the monitors were also on, so she may have heard it a time or two more than she wanted :)).

The solo [during or after, depending on your location in the 4th dimension] is essentially from the Eagles version - which, after a bit of Googling myself, I find wasn't the original!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.