Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

December Backing Tracks

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Mellencaster, Nov 30, 2014.

1. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.

2. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Phil you get better and better each time. Nice chord tones though out.

3. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Houston
    Phil, I really like that. Love that change around 2:00.

4. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Phil, that was just very, very good! One can hear that you really dealt with the song and had a plan what to play along with the track. Your transotion into the last part at 2:00 ist just great as well as the transition to the double stops at 1:27.

5. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Very nice Phil! I'm really liking the phrase you did at the 1:34 and 2:00 mark . Well done!

6. HoodieMcFoodie

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.
    Thank you everyone for your kind words. :D

7. HoodieMcFoodie

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.
    Here's some feedback for your track #4 submissions.

• Mark - I like the mellow, laid back feel of the first half, then you kicked it up a notch for the bridge. I liked the way you bought it home as well. Very nice. :D
    • Mike - That passage from about 0:43 to 0:55 was sublime. Nice to hear you playing with a clean tone also. Good amount of chime. The part at 2:20 was very nice also. :cool:
    • Ullrich - Nice bends in the introduction section. I liked the slight change of intensity as the drums kicked in the first time. You played some nice lines in there too. Well done. :cool:

8. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Thanks Phil! If we don't meet again have a Merry Christmas to you and your family . That goes to all the other members here ,Merry Christmas!

9. HoodieMcFoodie

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.
    Thanks Mike. :cool:

I'm heading over to the coast for about 10 days tomorrow, so I'll be offline from the TDPRI and Twanger Central until about the 4th Jan.

In the meantime I'd like to wish everyone here a Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year. See you next year for more fun and adventure. :lol:

10. udoering

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Assuming that tomorrow You have other things to do, I would like to wish you all a merry christmas and a wonderful new year 2015, full of music, inspiration, Telecasters and magnificent amps and the lack of severe illness and harm.

As Phil stated in another thread, it was a very interesting time here, that has helped us to develop further, and spent a lot of fun. I hope it will go on in 2015.

Have a good time!

11. Mjark

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD

12. teletimetx

teletimetx Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 25, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, one and all! Y'all have been an inspiration and have provided very helpful thoughts on my efforts here.

My sainted mom passed away a week ago, so Christmas is a little bittersweet this year.

On Christmas Eve, it used to be the family tradition to gather around while my mom played piano and I played guitar (nylon strings...) and the whole family would sing all the familiar Christmas carols. She stopped playing in her late 60's, twenty-some years ago, so now it's only a faint memory, but a good one.

Haven't had much time to look at anything here, but I know y'all are doing good work and look forward to maybe laying down some tracks next month or so.

Cheers!

13. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Houston
    May I add my best wishes and hope for all of you to have a safe and happy holiday and a great New Year full of backing tracks:lol:

Teletimetx - My thoughts and condolences on your loss.

14. udoering

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    My commiserations on the death of your mother, Teletimetx.

15. Mjark

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Sorry to hear this.

16. klasaine

klasaine Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 28, 2006
    NELA, Ca

17. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Nice klasaine! I'm liking the bigs bends :cool:

18. Mjark

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    That was cool Ken. What were you using?

19. klasaine

klasaine Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 28, 2006
    NELA, Ca
    Thanks. I got very sloppy with my time in the second half but it was a fun cut to play over.

My 'Telemaster' with the gold foil in the neck and a Don Mare SS in the bridge (I switch to it at 2:25) into a Menatone 'Howie' pedal and a little delay from an older Akai 'headrush' delay pedal (great dly pedal by the way). The amp is a GT 'solo single' into a Marshall 4x10" cab.
    *The track played from my phone through my stereo. I recorded it all with a Tascam DR-07 handheld dig recorder.

This ...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014

20. udoering

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    A late, but really good contribution. There are some lines I think are inspiring: from 1:02 to the end of the chorus; the double stops past 1:32; that fiddling at 2:14 and the part played with te neck pu.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.