David Crosby Tour

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Stubee, May 24, 2019.

1. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Poster Extraordinaire

I read an interview with Crosby a number of years ago, and something he said struck a chord with me. I'll have to paraphrase, 'cause I won't be able to get it word for word, but in effect he said, thinking back to attitudes in the sixties, that "We were right about love being better than hate.....we were right about peace being better than war, we were right about racial inclusion being better than prejudice .....but we were WRONG about drugs. All and all we got it right about most things, but on drugs we didn't."
    Not a reflection on David Crosby as a "good guy" or not.....but an astute observation at any rate.

2. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

Enjoy the show, I think it's worth going to. It would be a shame to not go and regret it later when the opportunity to see him has past.

3. Dave Hicks

Dave Hicks Tele-Afflicted

Thanks for mentioning this - I see he's playing in Wabash right after Kent, so that's a half-hour drive for us.

D.H.

Greggorios and Stubee like this.
  4. Teleterr

Teleterr Friend of Leo's

I just bit my tongue not to respond to some of Dave's statements and actions, because I realized this thread is about someone looking forward to a concert, not D C.

ENJOY!

I might go if the circumstances are right.

Greggorios likes this.
  5. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Plus - the record of David’s “If only I could remember my name”

A masterpiece of that era.

Me ?

Crazy Horse.

They always played like 70 yr old men !

Now that they are 70 and Nils has taken Poncho’s place , I gotta admit I feel like seeing them again.

Crosby And Nash hated Crazy Horse. They just did not get it ! :lol:

6. bluemud928

bluemud928 Tele-Meister

if anybody does go see him, at least you'll really enjoy Jeff Pevar.

7. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Thanks for the comments. I’ve got no issue with guys who don’t like him for whatever reason, but if I only saw artists I agreed with I probably wouldn’t hit many concerts.

This was a wife thing and she tried to buy tickets while I slept; she was gonna go. So I’ll enjoy it no matter what, correct fellow husbands?

I’ve seen about everybody I wanted to see except for Tom Petty (damn it!) so this is just an excuse to see what I figured would be an excellent band, hang with good friends and make the missus happy for about 24 hours. If Crosby is in good form that’s a plus. I just bought CS&N for my iPhone a little bit ago so I obviously like what he did.

I’ve been to a number of concerts that surprised me with their quality, all in smaller venues like this tour. I’m kinda pumped.

8. memorex

memorex Friend of Leo's

I don't know too much about Crosby's politics, and I don't care, either. I have most of his albums, including the most recent ones, and I must say that his albums are better (IMO) than any of his CSNY cohorts (never was a big NY fan). I think he's still got a good voice, at least in the studio, and I would love to see him. But for the same reasons I don't go to concerts or ball games in general anymore, I will have to content myself with listening to his records.

9. Matt G

Matt G Tele-Afflicted

Correct! Looking forward to a report of fine times had by all.

Me, I'd figure that any decline in Cros's voice would be compensated for the decline in my hearing.

Greggorios likes this.
  10. Digital Larry

Digital Larry Tele-Afflicted

Just needs the walrus mustache.

Greggorios and beach bob like this.
  11. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

We all have flaws. We all have things we don't deal with well. Some it's alcohol, some it's drugs, some it's women. I'd like to think I don't spend as much time crapping on those that couldn't handle the whirlwind of money and fame of a rock star career as I do admiring the ones that could.

David Crosby was integral to my first associations with the mix of folk, country and rock that came together in the late 60's. Byrds and CSN were ear openers for many my age and that music accompanied me through many good times...and bad as well.

With the world as it is, I don't think folks need to look to the past to find examples of truly crappy human beings.

12. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Teleterr, Greggorios and william tele like this.
  13. PastorJay

PastorJay Tele-Afflicted

He showed up at a Marc Cohn (with whom he's co-written some songs) concert in southern California earlier this year. Came onstage and sang a song. Sounded great. Have a good time.

Greggorios and Stubee like this.
  14. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

I brokered a deal for Jeff Pevar to buy a vintage Gretsch Country Gentleman and have loaned him guitars on a few occasions. I've also spent time with David. He donated signed CD's to a silent auction we had where I worked to raise money for a co-worker who was battling cancer. I hope to catch them at Red Rocks this summer with Jason Isbell.

Enjoy the show. You're in for a treat.

Teleterr, Stubee and Greggorios like this.
  15. boredguy6060

boredguy6060 Friend of Leo's

Your a cruel man,:D

Greggorios likes this.
  16. boredguy6060

boredguy6060 Friend of Leo's

Stubee

Seeing David Crosby in Kent Ohio should be very interesting.

Teleterr, Stubee and Greggorios like this.
  17. Bob Womack

Bob Womack Tele-Holic

The quote I read was far more ironic in light of his experiences, like, "We were wrong about free love, we were wrong about drugs, but we were right about the war."

Bob

nojazzhere likes this.
  18. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Poster Extraordinaire

Perhaps he is still "dabbling" a bit, and thus his pontifications are a little inconsistent....;)

19. Greggorios

Greggorios Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Absolutely, I agree. You're dead on. A little Cros!:twisted:

20. Greggorios

Greggorios Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

You're a lucky guy to have a lady that would try so hard to get you tickets. I'd love to be goin' with you regardless if David's 27 or 70. His impact on much of the music that most of us love is hard to deny. I can still remember first seeing the term "super group" used in reference to CSN's first record and anxiously waiting to buy my copy (...which I still have!)

boredguy6060 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.