Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Dating a Mullard 12ax7

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by coyotemorgan, Feb 24, 2005.

1. coyotemorgan

coyotemorgan Tele-Meister

May 10, 2003
    Toronto
    I just won a Mullard 12ax7 on Ebay. Can anyone tell me how old it is by looking at the design? It was advertised as short plate, ribbed. Thanks.

[​IMG]

2. Wally

Wally Telefied

Mar 17, 2003
    Lubbock, TX
    I do believe that there should be a date code on the side of the tube somewhere. The most in depth discussion that I have read on tubes occurs on Plexi Palace. go to the link, go to the Amp Bulletin Board, then scroll down to the Tubes discussion section. Someone will analyze that tube for you. They watch the ebay tube auctions like hawks.
    http://www.vintageamps.com/

3. mike_levitt

mike_levitt Tele-Meister

Nov 13, 2004
    I once dated a Mullard EL84

Well,

You know these english girls.... She was hot when turned on, but when the session was over, she was cold as ice.

We made beautiful music together, but with all of the on and off we both got tired of each other, and I left her for a german girl...

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.