Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

dark terror 35rt

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by jdolecek70, Nov 9, 2017.

1. jdolecek70

jdolecek70 TDPRI Member

Jun 17, 2017
    florida
    I have decided to either get the orange 35rt of the micro dark with a cheap line 6 4x12 .....which gets your vote?

2. bgavin335

bgavin335 TDPRI Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Dallas
    This is a great question to me; it aligns quite closely to thoughts that I’m having lately.
    I have to qualify the answer. If this is for lugging around to small gigs or jams, I would go for the 35rt. If it is going to stay at studio or at home, I’d have to go for the cheap used 4x12 with micro dark.

I myself have been obsessing lately about cheap ss 2x12 combos on which I would rework the speaker wires a bit so I could take my choice between the internal amp or some low wattage tube head. I was thinking ht5 head but micro dark is a cool choice.

3. Paul G.

Paul G. Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2003
    Rhode Island
    I have the older version of the 35rt (35ldx) and it is quite good.

I have 4 friends with the RT and they're all pretty happy with it.

That is all I know.

4. olefudd

olefudd Tele-Meister

Sep 27, 2009
    out yonder!
    I vote for the MD and cab. I have a Micro Terror and run it into a 1x12 cab and really like it. You really don't need a 4x12 to get the best from these little amps. If the price is right on the 4x12 then go for it, but I really think this way much overkill for a cab.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.