Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Dark Shadows TV Series (1966-1971)

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by ZackyDog, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Henry Mars

Henry Mars Tele-Holic

Jan 17, 2014
    Bucks Co. PA
    Well yes I watched it back then and watch it now on Hulu.
    .... and yes Lara Parker was hot.

ZackyDog likes this.

2. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Tele-Afflicted

Aug 24, 2014
    PNW
    Thanks for your comments.

Here's some more "artwork" I created from the first Dark Shadows movie released in 1970, House Of Dark Shadows:

HODS2 - nameless.png

3. Freejack

Freejack Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Nederland, CO
    I was dating a girl who was pre-goth named Angeleen who was very interested in Dark Shadows. It was somewhat meh for me but to sit on a couch in a darkened room with a hot, and slightly nuts girl? I’m in. :)

Carl

SPUDCASTER and Teleterr like this.

4. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Tele-Afflicted

Aug 24, 2014
    PNW
    Yes, Lara Parker who played Angelique Bouchard Collins, is quite lovely.

Angelique_4-1.jpg

5. knopflerfan

knopflerfan Tele-Afflicted

Mar 18, 2012
    In the woods
    That show creeped me out - I could never watch it!

6. rghill

rghill Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Oct 16, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    I remember watching Dark Shadows after school too. Usually about the same time as Gilligan's Island, Andy Griffith, or any number of other syndicated shows.

We watched it for the whole vampire thing, though I don't recall Barnabus actually biting that many people. Like a lot of things, the show probably wouldn't live up to my memory of it, which is not saying much.

ZackyDog likes this.

7. GearHund

GearHund Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Apr 9, 2008
    East, Tx
    I remember one character (Quinton?) who had these mutton chop sideburns. My mother would take me to an orthodontist in Saratoga that had the same kind of sideburns and I thought they were so cool and I wanted some like that when I grew up. But, by the time I could, I had forgotten about all that. I do remember really liking the show.

ZackyDog and uriah1 like this.

8. eMGee

eMGee Friend of Leo's

It was in my grandmother's list of must-see daily soaps; the one soap I would pay attention to during the summer days I spent at her house.

The movie from that series really freaked me out at the time -- legs up on the chair at the movie theater so nothing could grab 'em from underneath!

ZackyDog likes this.

9. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Tele-Afflicted

Aug 24, 2014
    PNW
    Quentin Collins, played by David Selby:

quentin -full.png

And yes, fierce mutton chop sideburns.

10. Billy Claire

Billy Claire Tele-Afflicted

Mar 20, 2003
    Outside Boston MA
    Wow... I used to watch it after school, and I too used to sleep with the covers pulled up over my neck in the hope that when a vampire pulled them down to bite me on the neck I'd wake up and escape.

Funny that I still to this day can't go to sleep without the covers pulled over my neck! ha ha ha

ZackyDog likes this.

11. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    I remember it, but was never interested in it. I remember a religious organization trying to get it taken off the air. It was in one of their tracts.

12. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Tele-Afflicted

Aug 24, 2014
    PNW

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.