Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Dark Shadows TV Series (1966-1971)

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by ZackyDog, Jan 14, 2018 at 3:19 AM.

1. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Tele-Afflicted

Aug 24, 2014
    PNW
    Did anyone watch it when it aired or even now on reruns and DVD?

I was a fan; I still am. Just a little something I made with Microsoft Paint and some miscellaneous software.

barnabas - FINAL 2.png

Zepfan likes this.

2. jhundt

jhundt Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 23, 2003
    Netherlands
    I remember it very well. I didn't follow the series myself, but it was a real favorite among many of my friends.

ZackyDog likes this.

3. Smokin OP

Smokin OP Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Mar 16, 2003
    Leesburg, GA
    I watched as a kid after school and later watched the reruns on cable. Nice work on the graphic!

Teleterr and ZackyDog like this.

4. cabra velha

cabra velha Tele-Afflicted Platinum Supporter

It was huge for several years, I would come home from school and my little brother's sitter would be glued to the screen I think it was like 4:00 daily.

It was the 2nd wave vampire-craze, funny how it seems to come back every 20 or 30 years.

ZackyDog likes this.

5. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Tele-Afflicted

Aug 24, 2014
    PNW
    Thank you. :)

I'm not trying to a wise guy: what/who was the 1st?

Barnabas Collins was the first vampire I ever knew. Oddly enough, Bela Lugosi would come next.

6. Teleterr

Teleterr Friend of Leo's

Feb 7, 2011
    Lewes De.

7. Teleterr

Teleterr Friend of Leo's

Feb 7, 2011
    Lewes De.

8. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Ad Free Member

May 10, 2003
    Near Milwaukee
    I watched it and I had the Dark Shadows board game. There's a healthy game!

[​IMG]

ZackyDog likes this.

9. brenn

brenn Tele-Afflicted

Dec 8, 2013
    Kentucky
    I watched it with my mother, when I was about 5 (1971). Trying to watch it later I have discovered it wasn't that great. It is legendary for low production quality (but I guess all daytime soaps are). It would be cool to see a modern version that wasn't turned into a Johnny Depp comedy movie.

micpoc likes this.

10. 6stringcowboy

6stringcowboy Tele-Afflicted

Loved it! I used to rush home from school to watch. And yeah, Angelique was smokin'!

Teleterr likes this.

11. bluesky1963

bluesky1963 Tele-Meister

Apr 1, 2011
    Glendale, AZ

12. JustStartingOut

JustStartingOut Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

I wasn't allowed to watch it so I would go to my friend's house and watch there, her mother didn't care. Not every day but enough to keep up with the goings on. Just started watching it again on Netflix or Amazon, don't remember which at the moment. Fun (read bad) show for sure.

13. pcampbell

pcampbell Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Jan 9, 2013
    Memphis, Tennessee
    I remember watching it as a little kid, but don't recall any details other than thinking that it was really scary.

ZackyDog likes this.

14. micpoc

micpoc Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2007
    Louisiana
    I recently watched some of the early, pre-Barnabas Collins episodes and, boy, it is QUITE a slog. Watching some of the later Barnabas episodes... it's not much better.

As they say: Some beloved childhood memories should not be revisited. :(

Zepfan likes this.

15. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Feb 12, 2011
    Around
    I remember trying get homework done so I could see. Or do later. Lol Early like 4

ZackyDog likes this.

16. Teleterr

Teleterr Friend of Leo's

Feb 7, 2011
    Lewes De.
    4pm in my area too... Did anyone have a syndicated charades show on either before (i think) or after it ? They d always have hot starlets in micro-minis as the female part of the 2 person team. I think 4pm was choosen just so the highschoolers could get home for it.

17. ac15

ac15 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

May 9, 2005
    CHICAGO, IL.
    I would see it on the TV at home while I was in grade school, as I would walk home for lunch every day. So I would only catch bits and pieces, but was always intrigued. Saw a few episodes on the "Decades" TV station a year or so ago when they were doing a marathon. Still don't know much about the plots or characters, but I still love the visual style of it. It was very different.

ZackyDog likes this.

18. Ringo

Ringo Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 16, 2003
    Memphis TN
    We used to watch it after school, for the time it was pretty heavy stuff for a kid, my brother used to sleep with the covers all pulled up around his neck, just in case a vampire came during the night!
    I'm sure now it would seem campy, though not as much as the Johnny Depp movie.

ZackyDog and Zepfan like this.

19. 24 track

24 track Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    it came on at 4:00 just as I got home from school, loved it

ZackyDog likes this.

20. Chatnoir

Chatnoir Tele-Meister

Sep 5, 2016
    Peabody, MA
    My siblings were really into it. I was frightened by the wardrobe and the hair of the actors. Years later I got really into Ben Cross and Joanna Going when they starred in Dark Shadows: The Revival.

Laura

ZackyDog likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.