Danny Daycare

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by imwjl, May 20, 2019.

1. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

Danny MacAskill always brings a smile.

brookdalebill and Ian T like this.
  2. Deebs3

Deebs3 TDPRI Member

Maybe his next movie will be Danny Intensive Care.

String Tree, cyclopean and Torren61 like this.
  3. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

I didn't watch it because he scares me. Especially the single track, fall to your death stuff. I used to mountain bike, rock climb, ice climb, back country ski... always safely. Never had a death wish.

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  4. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Thanks!

5. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

Even my mom likes Danny.

On death wish, I chose the wife and kids fork in the road after years of outdoor adventure sports and spending up to 3 months a year in the Tetons. Some of my pals and acquaintances are or were famous outdoor adventurers. It's not really a death wish for most of them, and they have talent I never had. I'm not sure the risks they take are much different than some blue collar jobs I had earlier in life.

Danny is not the daredevil some are. My proximity to the bike industry and being a ski area director have meant the pleasure to meet some of these people - not Danny. The trials and free ride riders have been wonderful compared to the elite racers. Any ego is a different kind. Friends who've met, ridden and socialized with Danny say he's a wonderful guy.

This is not a long career choice like some jobs but I smile to see Jeff Lenosky still at it. He's one I know personally. One of my riding pals was a pro hot dog skier in the 1970s and had a career as a physician and scientist between that and leading MTB infrastructure now. Funsters should rule the earth.

:)

Matt G likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.