Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

D-Size Tele Body Blueprint Files HERE

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by tdowns, Apr 27, 2007.

1. tdowns

tdowns Former Member

Nov 8, 2003
    Texas
    Nice work on the conversion!!! Thanks.

2. borsti007

borsti007 NEW MEMBER!

May 12, 2007
    Germany

Yeah thanks!!!!!!!!! :D

My friend told me that he can use it :) and it should work :)

Jens

3. Jack Wells

Jack Wells Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Oct 19, 2003
    Albuquerque, USA
    Terry .......... a question came up in Tele-Tech about the depth of the wiring channel rout between the neck pickup and the control cavity. I checked and found it wasn't on your drawing and wasn't on the blueprint in the Duchossoir book. I measured my '66 and came up with a depth of 0.630 in.

The blueprint in the book does have ".68" written in the channel but it's impossible to read any more. That would make it about the same depth as the neck pocket which it appears to be in section C-C.

4. tdowns

tdowns Former Member

Nov 8, 2003
    Texas
    Hello jwells,
    Thanks for pointing that out. I guess it doesn't really matter as long as it is at least as deep as the neck pickup cavity. How deep is the neck pickup cavity on your '66? It seems that if the neck cavity is 0.687, the drill would would need to travel "uphill", if you will, to come out into a 0.63 depth.

5. Jack Wells

Oct 19, 2003
    Albuquerque, USA
    I measured it several times...............it's definitely 0.63 in. The drilled hole from the pickup cavity comes in right at the bottom or the wiring channel. I'm guessing the hole doesn't begin at the bottom of the pickup cavity.

6. tdowns

tdowns Former Member

Nov 8, 2003
    Texas
    So, you neck cavity is 0.687 ???

7. japasul

japasul Tele-Meister

May 16, 2007
    Porto Alegre - Brazil
    Oh yeah,

i noticed that the neck pocket is .69 deep and the neck pup pocket is .687....

I realise its almost the same, but theyre conected and all, arent they the same depth?

8. Jack Wells

Oct 19, 2003
    Albuquerque, USA
    It appears the neck pickup cavity on mine is also 0.63 in.

9. tdowns

tdowns Former Member

Nov 8, 2003
    Texas
    Which also looks consistent with the nominal neck cavity. There is so much variation, although it all seems to work out.

10. ehawley

ehawley Tele-Afflicted

Jul 16, 2005
    Keyport, New Jersey
    jwells,
    Just took a look at this thread again and saw your post. My 66 is the same. ALL cavities, even the bridge pickup, are at 5/8(.625-.630). The control cavity is at 1.5. All drill holes go down hill from the cavities to the control cavity. A side note: I just updated my dxf to include the location of the dowel plugs for the pin router forms. I also have a solid for the neck from this guitar almost done. The 2d is finished if anyone would like one in dxf or iges format!
    Cheers
    ED

11. japasul

japasul Tele-Meister

May 16, 2007
    Porto Alegre - Brazil
    Huh?

Now im really lost, guys....

On the drawing i got from Tdowns it says the neck pocket and neck pickup pocket are .69 deep, and not .63.

???

Have i missed something?

12. Ronkirn

Ronkirn Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

May 1, 2003
    Jacksonville, FL
    It would be most helpful if the dimensions were in a form the layperson could read... the neck pocket is 5/8th inch deep.

Ron Kirn

13. Jack Wells

Oct 19, 2003
    Albuquerque, USA
    5/8=0.625 ............... so what's the deal with that 0.69 on the drawing.

I realize it's a small difference and probably doesn't have a great effect in the great scheme of things.

Last edited: May 26, 2007

14. japasul

japasul Tele-Meister

May 16, 2007
    Porto Alegre - Brazil
    Well, on the neck pocket, it could cause some trouble!
    jwells, youre saying the neck pocket is 5/8" deep (and that theres a mistake on the drawing)?

15. blacklinefish

blacklinefish Tele-Afflicted

Jun 19, 2006
    Northwest Missouri
    I was thinking the same thing. My department would charge me $6 to print this, very tempting!

You CAD people astound me, great work tdowns. All I could do with a dxf of this would be to import it into a geographic information system. Then, I could edit it and make a map of Teleland or something.

--gh

16. japasul

japasul Tele-Meister

May 16, 2007
    Porto Alegre - Brazil
    I got full size prints of this for about US$ 2 a piece!
    =DDD

Got two right away, one is very well stored and the other one i take with me to the shop. It wont last long, i bet, but ill soon get some more copies so I can make my routing templates...

17. SMPTE

SMPTE Tele-Afflicted

Aug 21, 2006
    Minneeeesoooottta
    Can this be made into a sticky in Tele Tech?

Fantastic Stuff...

18. ehawley

ehawley Tele-Afflicted

Jul 16, 2005
    Keyport, New Jersey
    Hey Guys,
    If you downloaded Terrys rev A pdf the neck pocket depth has been changed to .625
    Cheers
    ED

19. tdowns

tdowns Former Member

Nov 8, 2003
    Texas
    The Duchossoir book has 0.69". After looking at more general documentation (like Warmoth info), I believe the current standard is 0.625=5/8". That is why I changed it in Rev A to 5/8".

20. ehawley

ehawley Tele-Afflicted

Jul 16, 2005
    Keyport, New Jersey
    Hi Terry!
    I could never figure out why the neck pocket was at .690 in the Tavares drawing. Everything I've ever seen, Measured, and read says that the pocket is at .625. But since the drawing was from the Fender factory itself, some had to be cut at .690 one would guess? That might account for some people using neck shims to tilt the neck enough so as to raise the saddles up out of the basement! Maybe Fuzzy or Nacho could shed some light on this puzzle! Great job Terry! This is one of the best threads around on the subject!
    Cheers
    ED

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.