Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

D-Size Tele Body Blueprint Files HERE

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by tdowns, Apr 27, 2007.

1. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 30, 2003
    Ontario County

There are plans in here:

http://www.gitarrebassbau.de/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6

but if you google Stratocaster plans and click on images you'll see an actual fender 62 reissue drawing with the information you need.

2. mangus

mangus Tele-Meister

Nov 2, 2016
    Portugal
    Thanks but I meant for a telly unless you wanted me to realize that try he strat templates can be used on a telecaster type. Was that it?(after Christmas Eve dinner my reasoning is very slow).

Thanks again for answering, I'm going to checkout the URL you suggested

3. guitarbuilder

Mar 30, 2003
    Ontario County

The measurements for the arm contour should work. You can see how thick the belly contour is and try using the radius shown, but in a different place on a tele body.

BadHorsie likes this.
  4. mangus

mangus Tele-Meister

Nov 2, 2016
    Portugal
    Can someone please direct me to a good thinline plan?

5. guitarbuilder

Mar 30, 2003
    Ontario County

Go north until you hit post 601. Then click on the link.....then scroll down until you see the word thinline....There are 6 variations there.

mangus likes this.
  6. mangus

mangus Tele-Meister

Nov 2, 2016
    Portugal
    That's a good plan but I was looking for something with info on how deep I should make the cavities and the neck pocket. If someone could tell me that would be awesome. Thanks

7. guitarbuilder

Mar 30, 2003
    Ontario County

Tops or backs are usually 1/4" inch thick on a 1-3/4" thick body.

The control cavity depth is the same as the regular tele which is 1.5" from the top. If you are using a 1/4" top, then it is 1.25" deep on a 1.5" thick blank. The neck cavity depth is the same as the regular tele.... .625" deep. They used the same size necks on thinlines...just changed the peghead shape.

Pickup routs have to be deep enough for the pickups you choose to use. Take a look at the '72 custom -Deluxe pdf above the thinline one. It has some dimensional info if you scroll through it.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    nickhofen likes this.
  8. mangus

mangus Tele-Meister

Nov 2, 2016
    Portugal
    you have told me everything I needed to know. Thanks

The slab I'm starting with is 1 37/64. is that alright to start?

9. guitarbuilder

Mar 30, 2003
    Ontario County
    If you are topping it with some other wood, then I'd say yes.

10. mangus

mangus Tele-Meister

Nov 2, 2016
    Portugal
    I'm topping it with bubinga that's roughly 1/4 ". I want to create a thinline with two humbuckers without a pickguard , I still don't know what's best, to go four pots or two

11. Greg M

Greg M Tele-Holic

Sep 4, 2003
    Virginia
    I know I'm missing something simple here because I did it a couple years ago, but how does one print a full size strat body layout into four pages (to tape together) ? I'm talking about the "strat-fullsize" PDF from the www.gitarrebassbau.de site.

12. guitarbuilder

Mar 30, 2003
    Ontario County

Some guys use this:

https://woodgears.ca/bigprint/

13. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Friend of Leo's

Mar 27, 2012
    Calgary, Alberta
    Acrobat Reader does it as well. Make sure you set the page size to Poster and click Cut Marks so you know where the pages join. It'll be a lot more than 4 pages though unlees you have an 11X17 printer. Never tried that though.

It's so much easier to take it to Staples and get it printed on a full size sheet for a couple of dollars.

moosie likes this.
  14. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    Yup. :)

15. Mat UK

Mat UK Tele-Afflicted

Feb 17, 2009
    London, UK
    Hey

A word of warning when printing large format (if you choose to do so); make sure when you receive your print that you measure the scale length to double check it’s been printed to the correct scale (a mm or two deviation would be acceptable in my opinion), on the first occasion I didn’t and found my neck was a cm too long - it was too late by then!

I now tile print it on the A3 laser at my work. Again, just measure your print offs to double check.

Happy printing

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.