Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

D-Size Tele Body Blueprint Files HERE

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by tdowns, Apr 27, 2007.

1. GDTimmins

GDTimmins NEW MEMBER!

Sep 20, 2014
    Wilmington, DE
    the link is not working

I tried the links here to locate the Tele Drawing and it appears to be outdated, is there a new one?

2. Glen Smith

Glen Smith RIP

Aug 20, 2011
    Canada
    here

Attached Files:

3. GDTimmins

GDTimmins NEW MEMBER!

Sep 20, 2014
    Wilmington, DE
    thank you very much

4. mPacT

mPacT Tele-Holic

Dec 23, 2014
    Burbank, CA
    Thanks Glen!

5. audaciousx

audaciousx TDPRI Member

Jan 15, 2015
    New York, NY
    Hi there is it possible to get the blueprint you posted ?

6. Glen Smith

Glen Smith RIP

Aug 20, 2011
    Canada
    Just click on the image I posted a bit higher. That will load the pdf file which you can save on your computer.

7. Croc_14

Croc_14 TDPRI Member

Feb 28, 2014
    Calvados, France
    A grateful newbie

Been checking this thread with passionate reading. Just wanted to express all my gratitude to all of the contributors for sharing their knowledge and craftmanship and inspiring people who would like to start building their own instrument. I came across the TDPRI goldmine while searching infos on Andy Summer's Telecaster model and found several inspiring threads on the subject. I started considering to build my own from parts I could get from here and there. Unfortunately, importing parts from the United States turned out to be quiet of a nightmare for a froggy like me (I live in Normandy, not far from the Landing beaches of the Second World War). Then I had to reconsider my project and thought it would be a great idea to shape my own body (wood blanks are available in France) and my own neck. My hat off for both Terry Downs and Ed Hawley for their invaluable generosity. Now I'm sure to have an accurate plan for the body. In my project I would like to go a little bit off tracks as I am planning to put a 22 fret neck on my instrument (instead of the usual 21 fret) with the truss rod adjustement at the heel like the original model but have absolutely no idea about the feasibility for such specifications. Does anyone among this great community could give me a hint or something. Any good advice is welcome. Thanks to all in advance.

François

P.S.: forgive my somewhat broken english.

8. nagshay1818

nagshay1818 TDPRI Member

Feb 20, 2014
    Glucksatdt, MS
    Does anyone have Terry's Rev E CAD file on their computer? I can't find one anywhere, and it's driving me mad.

I have Ed's CAD drawing that was created using Terry's, but specifically looking for Terry's.

Can someone help?

9. dsutton24

dsutton24 Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Dec 29, 2010
    Illinois

10. nagshay1818

nagshay1818 TDPRI Member

Feb 20, 2014
    Glucksatdt, MS

11. dsutton24

dsutton24 Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Dec 29, 2010
    Illinois
    Oh, sorry about that, I didn't pay attention to what you asked for...:lol:

12. nagshay1818

nagshay1818 TDPRI Member

Feb 20, 2014
    Glucksatdt, MS
    Finally found it on some Greek site. I uploaded it to my dropbox.

Download: Tele_body_drawing_revE.dwg

13. nickhofen

nickhofen Friend of Leo's

Really? Do you remember the site?

14. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Mar 30, 2003
    Ontario County
    For what it is worth, Rhino 5's new version will open up that PDF file and then you can save it in any of the formats that you like that it supports.

15. nagshay1818

nagshay1818 TDPRI Member

Feb 20, 2014
    Glucksatdt, MS

16. banditt135

banditt135 TDPRI Member

Jul 2, 2014
    West Virginia
    hey guys Im new here. Thanks for the Pdf of the Tele. All i got to print if off on is a home printer. How can i get it to print to scale correctly? i got some old pine that is just screaming to become a Tele. Thanks.

17. DrASATele

DrASATele Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 6, 2012
    North of Boston
    You'll want to print poster style so it devides up the image evenly accross it's length and width.
    Staples, Office Depot or anyplace that can print with a plotter can print it to scale.

18. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Friend of Leo's

Mar 27, 2012
    Calgary, Alberta
    Yup, take the pdf to Staples. They only charge a couple of dollars so get a couple printed and your good to go.. Otherwise print it off in Adobe Reader in Poster format and make sure you check Cut Marks so you can line up the pages and cut them with a ruler and razor knife or utility blade. It's a lot more work but I've done it - once and it's 15 pages. Go to Staples if you can and get it on one large page..

19. banditt135

banditt135 TDPRI Member

Jul 2, 2014
    West Virginia
    thanks. Got them printed and transferred to some MDF board i had so now i got a permanent Template to use. I will post some pics of the build once i get started with it.

20. nagshay1818

nagshay1818 TDPRI Member

Feb 20, 2014
    Glucksatdt, MS
    Make sure to make a working template from your master template. The last thing you want to happen is messing up your master template during a build!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.