Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

D-Size Tele Body Blueprint Files HERE

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by tdowns, Apr 27, 2007.

1. yazam2014

yazam2014 Tele-Meister

Apr 15, 2014
    malaysia
    reading this thread make me want to make my own tele:) But I'm "0" in this area.

Ok..... If i print terry's tele drawing...... so i just attached to the wood and cut it ...is it?

2. Stroudy

Stroudy TDPRI Member

Apr 6, 2012
    Peachtree City, GA
    Typically, most people would print out the drawing full size and glue that to MDF (medium-density-fibreboard) using spray adhesive. They would then cut this out and shape it, then use this as a routing template for their actual wood.

A great place for beginners to... begin... is the challenge build subforums. Usually the entire build is documented in the contender's thread, and there is a lot of great info. Good luck!

3. yazam2014

yazam2014 Tele-Meister

Apr 15, 2014
    malaysia
    Tq

4. burninwordz

burninwordz TDPRI Member

Jun 5, 2012
    isabela puerto rico
    JMo426,thanks for the reply ,but can you verify with your template if my measurements are right,thanks

5. JMo426

JMo426 TDPRI Member

Nov 26, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    When I draw something up in CAD, I can get measurements accurate to five decimal points and better. But no matter how accurate the CAD file is, when it's printed, it could end up being off. The first drawings I had printed out were out of scale and I had to have them make sure all the settings on their plotter were set right and had them do it again. They got it right the second time. Precise accuracy is one reason plotters aren't as cheap as printers.

I can't verify the measurement you gave because I don't know where it was made. If you give me the exact location, I can tell you what the CAD drawing measures at that point, but how it was plotted on your drawing, only you know.

There are not a lot of critical measurements in making a clone, unless you're trying to pass it off as the real thing. But if you want it to play right, there are very few measurements that need to be dead-on accurate. Even the scale length doesn't have to be dead-on as long as you can make up the difference in saddle adjustment.

But getting back to properly scaled drawings, I put a 1" x 1" box on my drawings for scale verification. If you'd like, I could take Terry's CAD drawing and do the same. That way all you have to do is check the 1x1 box. If that's right, everything else should be right, unless the plotter isn't working properly.

Julie

6. CustomWerx

CustomWerx Tele-Meister

i have downloaded the template from here before, but now the link isn't working? any ideas?

i can attach it, perhaps?

Attached Files:

7. nickhofen

nickhofen Friend of Leo's

^^^^
    Try again, it works fine for me, I just download it again.

8. ricky1918

ricky1918 TDPRI Member

Mar 25, 2014
    Italy
    Can someone please post CAD files of a telecaster body? previously posted download links do not work!!

Thanks!

9. Glen Smith

Glen Smith RIP

Aug 20, 2011
    Canada

10. LeroyBlues

LeroyBlues Tele-Holic

Apr 23, 2008
    Michigan
    Have the links to the drawings, Terry's, been removed, or hacked?

I'm talking about the ones on the very first page of this thread. I've downloaded them in the past, with no problems, but today, when I'm trying to help a friend get them, it sends me off to another web page.

11. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Mar 30, 2003
    Ontario County

12. Glen Smith

Glen Smith RIP

Aug 20, 2011
    Canada

13. Mialn

Mialn NEW MEMBER!

Oct 7, 2014
    rotterdam
    blueprints or the CAD files of a Fender Thinline '69

Hello, I'm new to this forum so i don't know if this the right place but so...

Does someone have and want to share the blueprints or the CAD files of a Fender Thinline '69? I am trying to build one, so i need some dimentions obviously :)

Thanks

14. tt8

tt8 TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

Dec 19, 2006
    Australia

15. Glen Smith

Glen Smith RIP

Aug 20, 2011
    Canada
    The link I posted is for the E rev.

16. katsbls

katsbls NEW MEMBER!

Sep 18, 2014
    Clayton, CA
    Hi, I new here and building my first Telecaster, I bought a kit but the head stock is the weird square shape. I am looking for a template to cut it to the 50's Telecaster shape. I tryed the link for the plans and get an advertivement. I am doing something wrong? Or is there a different link?
    Thanks

17. barbrainy

barbrainy RIP

Mar 2, 2012
    Northampton, UK
    https://sites.google.com/site/guitarplanscollection/pdf-files/fender-ish

That'll do you.

18. Stratmech22

Stratmech22 NEW MEMBER!

Oct 20, 2014
    Baltimore
    Hello Terry,
    I see your the guy to talk to about plans. I am building my first tele. I have a beautiful 1 piece curly cherry body with aflame maple top. I've also hollowed it out before gluing the cap on. What I need now is a scale / printable tele neck plan. Do you know where I could find one? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much

19. Glen Smith

Glen Smith RIP

Aug 20, 2011
    Canada
    This thread contains several neck pdf's.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.