Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

D-Size Tele Body Blueprint Files HERE

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by tdowns, Apr 27, 2007.

1. KWhatley

KWhatley Tele-Holic

Apr 13, 2013
    London, UK
    I think more likely this? taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_size ....
    Figured it worth posting for others that have this issue. Sorry I doesn't paste very well.

"ANSI paper sizes [edit]

A size chart illustrating the ANSI sizes.
    In 1996, the American National Standards Institute adopted ANSI/ASME Y14.1 which defined a regular series of paper sizes based upon the de facto standard 81⁄2 in × 11 in (215.9 mm × 279.4 mm) "letter" size which it assigned "ANSI A". This series also includes "ledger"/"tabloid" as "ANSI B". This series is somewhat similar to the ISO standard in that cutting a sheet in half would produce two sheets of the next smaller size. Unlike the ISO standard, however, the arbitrary aspect ratio forces this series to have two alternating aspect ratios. To wit, "Letter" (8½" × 11", or ANSI A) is less elongated than A4, while "Ledger/Tabloid" (11" × 17", or ANSI B) is more elongated than A3. The ANSI series is shown below.
    With care, documents can be prepared so that the text and images fit on either ANSI or their equivalent ISO sheets at 1:1 reproduction scale.

Name in × in mm × mm Ratio Alias Similar ISO A size
    ANSI A 8.5 × 11 216 × 279 1.2941 Letter A4

ANSI C 17 × 22 432 × 559 1.2941 A2
    ANSI D 22 × 34 559 × 864 1.5455 A1
    ANSI E 34 × 44 864 × 1118 1.2941 A0

Other, larger sizes continuing the alphabetic series illustrated above exist, but it should be noted that they are not part of the series per se, because they do not exhibit the same aspect ratios. For example, Engineering F size (28 in × 40 in or 711.2 mm × 1,016.0 mm) also exists, but is rarely encountered, as are G, H, ... N size drawings. G size is 221⁄2 in (571.5 mm) high, but variable width up to 90 in (2,286 mm) in increments of 81⁄2 in (215.9 mm), i.e., roll format. H and larger letter sizes are also roll formats. Such sheets were at one time used for full-scale layouts of aircraft parts, wiring harnesses and the like, but are slowly being phased out, due to widespread use of computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM). Some visual arts fields also continue to use these paper formats for large-scale printouts, such as for displaying digitally painted character renderings at life-size as references for makeup artists and costume designers, or to provide an immersive landscape reference.

Try explaining that to the girl that takes your USB while fluttering her eyes and searches the screen for the printer icon..hell I only kinda understand it.

I'll try asking them to do A1 and with luck it will remain in scale.

2. KWhatley

KWhatley Tele-Holic

Apr 13, 2013
    London, UK
    So wrapped up in trying to get a print shop to understand me that I forgot my manners.

Thank you Mr Downs for all the work you put into these and making them available to us.

3. Lucretia

Lucretia Tele-Holic

Apr 18, 2009
    Leeds, UK
    yeah good luck with that, I got only 1 sheet printed right out of loads, gave up. Staples.

4. Lucretia

Lucretia Tele-Holic

Apr 18, 2009
    Leeds, UK
    Saying that, I just got 3 copies from staples and they look accurate ;)

5. johnu

johnu NEW MEMBER!

Aug 12, 2013
    Norway
    I'm surprised the print shop couldn't figure it out... To help them out, you could print the drawing to PDF and choose the paper size used in your region. Just remember to tick "scaling none" and center.

6. KWhatley

KWhatley Tele-Holic

Apr 13, 2013
    London, UK
    It's not so much the "printers" as the bimbos the shops put up front to deal with walk in customers so the typesetters and graphic artists can get on with there thing. At least that's how it is around my way. The only 2 places near me are getting stupid expensive now to. 1st shop now has a £20 min fee which equates to about 30 usd and the other has set its prices at £4 first print and £1.50 for each one after that and that's not including VAT or taxes as you'd cal it. The real thing that annoys me though is the fact half the staff can't do something as simple as click "do not scale" even after you've told them. Maybe we're just cursed over here.

If anyone reading this can recommend a decent over the Internet print service in the UK for guitar plans that would be awesome.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013

7. LuckyThirteen

LuckyThirteen NEW MEMBER!

Aug 31, 2013
    kildare
    theres also the radius of the neck pickup rout missing, what is it??

8. jadedsoul

jadedsoul Tele-Holic

Mar 26, 2013
    TINY ENGLAND
    @KWhatley
    why would you need a service to print up plans. all you do is chop it into A4 sections in photoshop then use your printer to print A4's and then stick them all together. if you have 0 skills with this thing ill do it for you. you just open the file in photoshop. set your option to what ever size your plan is then use guides from the ruler to section of into A4; sections, if you want to know the size of a A4, open a new document the size of A4 then select all and cut now paste that over your plan you now have a A4 section floating above your plan. snap it to the top left and then use 2 guides, 1 horizintal an one vertical. you have marked out your first section , move along your A4 to the first vertical guide and ad another vertical guide, you now have 2 sections of your plan, you can cut sec 1 out and paste into a new A4 document. and there you have it a load of A4 sheets that will all join together to make your plan. mine come out down to the MM today PERFECT i just cellotape it all together. im out of ink and got 2 plans printed down the road for a quid. i hate to think your getting ripped off coz your not sure how to do a certain thing. 20 quid ????

9. jimdkc

jimdkc Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Mar 12, 2009
    Independence, MO
    Not missing... look closer! (It's 0.343")

10. KWhatley

KWhatley Tele-Holic

Apr 13, 2013
    London, UK
    Thanks for the offer but I can already do that just using acrobat reader, print to scale non multiple pages with guides for lining everything up. It's just time consuming and not to hard to mess up a section and misalign it slightly skewed. Not to mention it comes out across 9+ pages (12 I think) making it add up price wise even in A4's @ approx 10p a copy to what I mentioned before or just shy of. For the price difference I'd be happy to pay to save the time sticking it all together and removing the chance of a screwup. Cheaper is great but 20-30p vs an hour or so of my time??? It's just easier to get it in one piece of paper as long as it's to scale which has mainly been my issue in my experiences with print services.

11. bluepingu345

bluepingu345 TDPRI Member

Jun 18, 2013
    England
    Where did you get them printed?

12. 017_017

017_017 Friend of Leo's

Oct 4, 2012
    Earth
    I've recently used this drawing (actually Ed Hawley's "Broadcaster" drawing - but I believe they're essentially one in the same) to cut a body out on CNC, and have noticed a possible misalignment in regards to the bridge pickup and its associated cavity.

Dry fitting a genuine Fender bridge plate with a Fender Custom Shop '51 Nocaster pickup, the top of the pickup base plate (neck side with the single screw) is pushed up against the cavity wall. As far as I can tell, there isn't/won't be any binding preventing height/tilt adjustment. Since many have used this (and Ed's drawings) and haven't run into any problems, I'm wondering whether I'm I seeing this non-issue as an issue? Since the dimensions are sized to a publicised Fender blueprint, is this how the pickup is meant to sit within the cavity, or is it supposed to sit right in the middle? If it's supposed to be right in the middle, I've estimated the cavity needs to move up 2mm towards the neck.

13. Luthier Atlanta

Luthier Atlanta Tele-Afflicted

Mar 21, 2011
    Atlanta
    Perhaps it is the hardware?

14. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Mar 30, 2003
    Ontario County
    There was an adjustment to the bridge pickup angle in either the EHawley or Tdowns thread, but I can't quite recall which thread has that addressed. I think the latest revision has the error corrected. Read post 308 of this thread.

15. 017_017

017_017 Friend of Leo's

Oct 4, 2012
    Earth
    Thanks guitarbuilder for jogging my memory. It seems I've discovered where those 2mm's went.

If my memory serves correct, this drawing was based off Ed Hawley's '53 CNC, where the bridge cavity was set at 14 degrees instead of the standard 17 degrees. I believe Ed said to rotate the cavity 3 degrees around the centre point marked with the dimension 2.222". By doing this, the cavity essentially moved 0.061" (1.56mm) along the X axis, away from the neck. Hence the pickup base plate will now sit snug against the cavity wall.

The drawing in the A.R. Duchossoir book has a dimension of 2.780" where the REV E drawing measures 2.699" from the bridge plate screw mount centre line to front of pickup pocket. 2.780" - 2.699" = 0.081" (2.05mm).

Mystery solved.

16. mwascom

mwascom NEW MEMBER!

Jan 3, 2014
    Decatur, Alabama
    Wow, this is perfect, thanks so much.

17. tumbleweed69

tumbleweed69 TDPRI Member

Jan 27, 2011
    hello.you wouldn't happen to have prints for tele using a strat tremlo.need to know exact placement for harmonics sake. using a two point am. strat tremlo.where do the studs go ?thanks for ur time, hope you can help

18. Glen Smith

Glen Smith RIP

Aug 20, 2011
    Canada
    I have it with the 6 point trem only.

19. GeoB

GeoB Tele-Holic

Jun 11, 2012
    Tidewater Virginia
    Does anyone know where you can purchase "hard" templates for tele bodies and cavities? My stuff got lost in a move... you guessed it by the movers and they are only replacing by the pound.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.