Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

CVC becomes "establishment"

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by olie, Jul 20, 2017.

1. olie

olie TDPRI Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Picton,Ont. Canada
    Now that the Tele CVCs are finding footing as a worthy guitar to challenge the MIAs and MIMs, it looks like the Affinities and other lower-end Squiers are in need of a distinct forum to separate themselves from the quasi-respectable CVs. Where will it all end?

2. wayloncash

wayloncash Tele-Afflicted

Apr 7, 2012
    Houston, TX
    I am yet to see a major act playing squiers. But yeah they are better than they used to be.
    The same goes for most brands though.

68Telebass likes this.

3. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

How many major acts actually buy the guitars they use? The way manufacturers hand out gear knowing it is going to be seen on stage by millions I doubt any major act would need to buy anything. Most musicians have a favourite guitar they have had forever but sometimes even they are replicated gratis.

68Telebass likes this.

4. wayloncash

wayloncash Tele-Afflicted

Apr 7, 2012
    Houston, TX
    I dunno, after the "Fender sponsorship thread I'm not so sure. That's what I would have thought too. But from the input from the majority of posters, it seems like it only amounts to a discount.

5. MuddyWolf

MuddyWolf TDPRI Member

May 11, 2017
    Paradise, Ca
    Im not sure a big star is getting that much of a major score from a free $200 squier. Maybe getting a free $1000 Les Paul would be a fun thing but a free sqiuer would be like ...uh i could of bought that myself. I worked at a fairly large roadcase company for a long time. We had touring pros that had endorsement desls with us. The best deal they got was 10% over cost. Nothing was free.

6. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

Things must have changed a lot since Fender gave the Beatles a lot of gear along with George's Rosewood Tele. I was thinking more along the lines of the Artist Specials, guitars and amps, where the Artist in question gets presented with one of the bits of gear bearing their name. As far as I know Squier does not do that very much.

7. Dirty30

Dirty30 Tele-Meister

Sep 23, 2015
    Georgia
    Without having to do ANY research on my end, I can tell you at least one. Mike Einziger of Incubus fell in love (and subsequently purchased) a Classic Vibe thinline tele that he made his main guitar for a while, despite having owned PRS, Music Man, vintage jazzmasters, and vintage Gibsons. That says a lot.

...doesn't mean that we need two separate sub forums for squier teles though. They are all just planks of wood and metal. Change a few parts on any tele and it's pretty much a "partscaster".

Grux likes this.

8. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 9, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    Haven't seen any "major act" using Squiers. If I were in a "major act" I would invest in a nice guitar because I want one! I have seen many "very good acts" using the Squier Classic Vibe line however.

Grux, Flakey and Gibson like this.

9. viking

viking Friend of Leo's

Jan 23, 2007
    Denmark
    Pointless discussion...... CV and CVC Teles are decent guitars , made to work pretty well out of the box. So are a lot of other guitars. Whether you like one more than the other is , once construction is decent , all about setup and personal preference . I have four CV (S) , and love them dearly.
    Please remember , many people dont read about all these things on the web , and have probably never heard about these models

Lostinsound and nicod98 like this.

10. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Holic

Jul 7, 2014
    Belgium
    I can understand that, got the four "regular" models CV Telecasters and all are great, as are the '72 VM models.

But the "lower" end Squiers can be great too... I don't fancy a separate forum for CV's and not CV's, the sister board has a separate Vintage Modified forum, and it's not fun to check both the VM forum and the Squier Telecaster forum.

Correct! That puts most guitars in this forum and in the "regular" telecaster discussion forum as partscasters...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.