Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

CV Thanks

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by Lars F, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Lars F

Lars F TDPRI Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Denmark
    Maybe it's because I had the Kent Armstrong bridge pickup in my old tele for so many years and thats just how I expect a tele to sound, but it really made a big difference to me. Others are happy with the stock pickup and some roll of the tone pot, so it's a matter of taste I guess.

But yeah, that neck pickup sounds amazing to my ears as well. Hard to describe - in recording when talking gear, sometimes we say something like a microphone sounds "expensive" and that's exactly how I feel about the neck pickup..

Regards,

Lars

2. YOSTINATOR

YOSTINATOR Tele-Meister

Oct 28, 2016
    Utah
    I agree 100%. That is what I discovered as well. That tone knob dials in so nicely

brobar likes this.

3. brobar

brobar Tele-Holic

May 30, 2017
    Colorado
    You would be surprised at how many guitarists never touch their tone knob(s). I haven't kept actual count, but I've noticed that several of my friends and many of the people I've purchased guitars from have all had their tone knobs rolled all the way up when I've picked up their guitars. Try it the next few times you play someone else's guitar... I would bet dollars to doughnuts that 9 out of 10 or even 19 out of 20 you'll find the tone knob rolled all the way up.

Now in all fairness... maybe they just control their tone through the amp. And that is fine and dandy but I prefer having some of that tonal control right at my fingertips.

Reminds me of a Bonamassa vid I saw a few years back (though geared to the Les Paul it is applicable to many guitars):

YOSTINATOR likes this.

4. Lars F

Lars F TDPRI Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Denmark
    You guys inspired me to play with my tone knob and I'm really liking the old school woolly tone I get from the bridge with the tone rolled off about 40%.

Does anyone know if there is a control plate with the pots closer together? After adding the 4-way switch it would be nice to have a little more room around the switch.

Regards,

Lars

5. KnopflerStyle

KnopflerStyle Tele-Holic

Jun 22, 2005
    BA
    Lars... Dont touch that mic its a sin. I have changed the PU height and re connected the jack and i have changed that beautiull thin sound to something hotter... More esquire+gain thing. Cool but i AM very impressed with that silly changes. Wasnt expect that

6. Alamo

Alamo Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 15, 2006
    Berlin, Germany
    Yep, Rockinger offer this:

http://www.rockinger.com/index.php?cat=WG152&lang=ENG&product=2500C

or this:

http://www.rockinger.com/index.php?cat=WG152&lang=ENG&product=2503C

The tone knob has a nice sweep, I use it a lot on my 2008 CV.
    the Alpha pots are quite stiff too so they stay where they are set and don't change by only looking at 'em. :cool::)

7. Lars F

Lars F TDPRI Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Denmark
    Thanks, Alamo. I posted a thread in tele-technical and got the same advise, so I installed the first one you link to yesterday and it's a really good solution..

Regards,

Lars

8. viking

viking Friend of Leo's

Jan 23, 2007
    Denmark
    The Affinity plates I have seen , have the same positioning of the pots
    I have used the Rockinger product a few times too.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.