Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

CV Thanks

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by Lars F, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Lars F

Lars F TDPRI Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Denmark
    Dear fellow Classic Vibe owners,

Was looking for something to replace my worn out Tex Mex tele from 1997 and after reading the forum I recently bought a used white Classic Vibe Tele.
    I must admit I was skeptical, but thought that at least it could provide a platform for upgrading electronics and hardware.
    I can say that I am so happy with my choice. Firstly because it feels great to play. The neck is an absolute joy.
    And what's more it sounds really good as well. I haven't changed a thing and maybe never will..

So thanks for the recommendation!

Regards,

Lars

txflood, savofenno, Gibson and 12 others like this.

2. olie

olie TDPRI Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Picton,Ont. Canada
    Nice to hear from another happy camper! Welcome to the club.

3. rockymtnguitar

rockymtnguitar Tele-Meister

Aug 30, 2012
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Glad to hear you're enjoying it! A really fun guitar.

4. tery

tery Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Sep 21, 2012
    Tennessee
    Very nice ~ Congratulations :)

5. orangeblossom

orangeblossom Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Pic's please. Welcome aboard.

savofenno likes this.

6. Chicago Matt

Chicago Matt Tele-Afflicted

Aug 23, 2014
    Woodstock
    Glad you are happy with it. I have loved mine as well. A great guitar, not just "for the price".

savofenno, 68Telebass and soulman969 like this.

7. Randypttt

Randypttt Tele-Afflicted

Feb 8, 2010
    Elyria Oh
    Congrats on the buy. I have a 2011 and really enjoy it. I will admit ro making some changes but not entirely cuz it needed it.

I might get flamed here but pots and switches on these tend to go. Not for everyone's but many here have had that problem.

But the pups, neck, finish all great (and I wont say "for the money").
    Pics are necessary dude.
    Heres mine
    20170129_144422-1.jpg
    You can see I didn't like the color and recently turned it into an Esquire using the stock pup. Wow

8. MuddyWolf

MuddyWolf TDPRI Member

May 11, 2017
    Paradise, Ca
    Hey if your just gonna throw away that worn out texmex save the landfill and send it to me. But seriously unless youve played the frets down to nothing a guitar is worn but hardly worn out. If youve played the frets down to need a refret that means it must be good enough to keep you coming back to it. Then its worth the cost of refretting. I guess im confused with the term worn out guitar.

9. YOSTINATOR

YOSTINATOR Tele-Meister

Oct 28, 2016
    Utah
    Another brother has seen the light! Congrats!! I have 2 of them and will be getting at least 2 more

10. Lars F

Lars F TDPRI Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Denmark
    Thanks for the warm welcome, guys!

Here is a (crappy cellphone) pic of the guitar, although I'm sure they all look alike -->

[​IMG]

Regarding the pots and switch I did open it up to have a look and was very pleasantly surprised to find Alpha's all around. Imo they are the best low cost option and I think it was a great choice for a budget guitar. Sure you can get pots that cost five times as much, and I do have some CTS laying around, but there is nothing wrong with the Alpha's - imo of course.
    I did have to tighten the output-jack, but that is a common thing as I understand from lurking around the forum.
    Overall I feel really spoiled for what I payed(around €300) and am enjoying the hell out of playing it..

Regards,

Lars

savofenno, 68Telebass and xland like this.

11. 68Telebass

68Telebass Tele-Afflicted

Aug 2, 2014
    Northern Arizona
    See you have the vintage blonde finish CV. That one has the warm alnico III pickups- how do you like them? I have my that one "the list"!

12. Lars F

Lars F TDPRI Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Denmark
    It's still the honeymoon fase, but they seem really nice so far. Much better than I expected. I vent for the one with alnico 3's because I wanted them rather than the alnico 5's.

Regards,

Lars

68Telebass likes this.

13. brbadg

brbadg Tele-Holic

Mar 11, 2008
    Timonium,Maryland
    What about the worn out guitar/ How do you wear one out?

14. Lars F

Lars F TDPRI Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Denmark
    It was toured extensively and treated very badly. After it was retired from touring it was modded a lot. It now resides in the basement along with the other victims..

Regards,

Lars

Generic Schmoe likes this.

15. brobar

brobar Tele-Holic

May 30, 2017
    Colorado
    Congrats. I love my two Custom Vibe Teles! Everything else in my arsenal is feeling neglected since I brought those two home.

16. Lars F

Lars F TDPRI Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Denmark
    Thanks brobar, those customs look really nice as well..

Anyone tried the CV strats? If they are as nice as the tele's, it might be clever to pick one up. Haven't had a strat in 15 years, so maybe now is the time..

Regards,

Lars

17. VintageSG

VintageSG Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Huddersfield, UK
    The Classic Vibe Strats are also super-nice.
    If the coating on the neck doesn't bother you, and if you think the CV Tele feels great, you'll have no issues with the Strat. They are well built, well finished and sound superb.
    I think we are the victims of our own unfettered praise for the Classic Vibe series though. Get one before yet another price rise kicks in!. Maybe if we started saying they're a bit rubbish, Fender would cut the prices back.

savofenno likes this.

18. Lars F

Lars F TDPRI Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Denmark
    Thanks, VintageSG.

The neck did get a light rub with some 400 grit sandpaper to get rig of the sticky feeling.

As you are located in the UK, I can imagine that prices are rising on imports.

Will have a look and see what is on the local used marked here in DK.

Regards,

Lars

19. Lars F

Lars F TDPRI Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Denmark
    Had a look yesterday and made an attempt to buy a candy apple red 60's CV strat. Seller said he would check if shipping it was possible, but since removed the guitar from the site.
    There are a couple for sale, but now I start getting picky about the color!
    Think I will keep an eye open and enjoy the Tele in the meantime.

Regards,

Lars

20. Tony474

Tony474 Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Apr 16, 2007
    North Bushey, England.
    My best buddy has a Squier CV '60s Strat, which he describes as superior to his American Standard in every respect. I've played it and it really is a delightful guitar. Meanwhile I continue to be very satisfied with my own CV50 Tele like yours.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.