Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

CV limited edition black tele

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by wayloncash, Feb 19, 2016.

1. wayloncash

wayloncash Tele-Afflicted

Apr 7, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Remember this, the double bound black, cv. I hear there are only 250 of the white ones. Unlike the regular CV it has an alder body. Well, I just ran into a mint condition for 445. I had to promise my wife I wouldn't buy another guitar for at least a year. I have been passively searching for this at least 2 yes. Always a day late or two hundred dollars short.

I have also found in my time searching, that a lot of these have been parted out, kind of a shame. I happen to search eBay moments after it was posted, HA ! Thank you for this blessing hopefully it ships smoothly and in a week I will post my own pics and sound.

Attached Files:

2. fender4life

fender4life Friend of Leo's

Sep 18, 2011
    los angeles
    Awesome ! I picked up the same tele but white with black binding a week ago. Also 250 pieces limited for the black i believe. I love these and i think u will too, but i hope you know the necks are very thin. I actually like that but many don't. It's so great that during a time when fender doesn't make a 62 bound tele except japan (had one, hated it) and CS relics, you can spend a few hundred and get a squier thats truly a quality build aside from the switch. I swapped the bridge plate and saddles too. (brass) I would suggest a ebay deal if you want to upgrade. They sell one of the best tele vintage bridge pickups, the "62 custom" (that came in the 62 double bound AVRI when they made them) in a USA bridge for something like 50 bucks. Well worth the upgrade IMO. The stock bridge pickup in these are good pickups, but they are A5 low winds and tend to be very bright and thin. Hopefully you'll like it stock but if not theres an option for you.

Anyways, congrats. I absolutely love mine. Crazy good for the money.

3. wayloncash

Apr 7, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Yeah, I had a CV thinline and it had a pretty skinny neck. Hopefully, it will be a good fit, I loved that thinline. I was looking for this when I found that though.
    If the PUs aren't to my liking, they'll flyoff so fast the guitar won't know what hit it. I had the same issue with the thinline, it already has a lot of twang and then it's so bright it's even more. Really hard to find a setting that is clean and clear. But with a vox, modeling amp I was able to stretch out a little. I have one of those peavey vypr 15w for my AE and man that thing is worth its weight in gold for just having endless fun. I made a phaser channel that makes my jumbo acoustic sound perdy close to a tele, a channel that can mimic the tone of radar love, a blues channel, and I can play a song through the aux port and tweak the settings until I get pretty close if not dead on. Thank you for the input.

4. marsh99

marsh99 Tele-Afflicted

May 3, 2011
    London, England
    I do remember these, I regret passing on one at a good price a couple of years ago. Look forward to seeing some pics of it when it arrives.

5. Nice guitar.... well worth the money!

6. heffus

heffus Tele-Meister

Apr 20, 2014
    cHICAGO
    I've been searching a while for one of those myself. Could've had one back in the day for a bargain. Congratulations.

7. cboutilier

cboutilier Tele-Afflicted

Oct 28, 2015
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    I didn't know they were that rare. I could've had one for 200 bucks last year

8. fender4life

Sep 18, 2011
    los angeles
    IMO they are maybe the nicest squire tele ever made, and the rarity means they will keep a good bit of value and maybe even increase above MSRP or at least new street price like the pro tone series seems to have. Another one that's proven that can happen is the squier CV limited edition strat with mary kaye white blond finish and gold hardware. I'm on the hunt for one myself (if i find a seller whp's not trying to cash in) and prices are above what they were new already. None of them will ever get real valuable, or if they do it wouldn't happen for decades. But they are already showing signs of at least staying at or above what they were new. I got mine for $350 so i think i'm already ahead of the game. Tho i can't see myself ever wanting to sell it.

9. wayloncash

Apr 7, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Well everyone I have a seen in the past two years has been at least at the startngs price of 399.99, I found a website selling them right now for 699.99 but they are "out of stock". I paid $440.00 for mine mint with a gigbag, $30 shipping. This is the actual picture from post. Looks pretty awesome.

Attached Files:

10. rhh7

rhh7 Tele-Afflicted

Mar 14, 2008
    Calgary, Canada
    I bought one which was NOS at my local dealer in October. I got mine for 314 CAD, which is about $228.09 U.S. I had no idea it was rare, just seemed like a bargain. My neck is not all that thin, either. I am even more happy that I still have it, as I almost sold it off cheap to pay Christmas bills.

11. fender4life

Sep 18, 2011
    los angeles
    I paid $350 USD, but even $440 is a steal. These are worth every penny at much more than any of us paid. Mine has quickly become my #1, and i'm very picky. It knocked a very good MIM classic50's out of the #1 spot w/o breaking a sweat. They are just way more guitar than anyone has paid for one. Ok, i'm gushing like a schoolgirl. But they really are fantastic. I needed to upgrade mine to get it to where i'm this thrilled, but then every guitar i have owned has been the same. I rarely gig anymore but did with mine last nite and i was totally happy in every way. #1 for now on.

12. wayloncash

Apr 7, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Well I received it last week, but was too busy messing around with it to post pictures. Here is my new CVC blk, (definitely gonna change the neck pickup. In the other thread it was mentioned that it has the same as CV thinline, but it doesn't sound near as good. All other positions sound great.

Attached Files:

13. Rod C

Rod C NEW MEMBER!

Aug 29, 2018
    Alberta, Canada
    I have been lurking and enjoying the TDPRI site for a few years, so have finally signed up. Some of you seem to be on top of the CV Custom Ltd Edition market, so I was wondering if any of you would offer an opinion as to what would be fair market value for my black CV Custom Limited Edition. It is as new, and has a matching hard case. It is a great guitar, but I just bought an American Standard, so something has to go! I also have BB CV in Thailand for my winter guitar. I am in Alberta, so a bit distant from a lot of the guitar buying market. View attachment 542876 View attachment 542877 View attachment 542876 View attachment 542877

14. Rod C

Rod C NEW MEMBER!

Aug 29, 2018
    Alberta, Canada
    Sorry, goofed up the photos. 20180903_155737.jpg 20180903_160356.jpg

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.