Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

CS texas special strat neck/fender broadcaster bridge, pine body?

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by kmac, Dec 25, 2012.

1. kmac

kmac Tele-Meister

Should be good???

2. vegetablejoe

vegetablejoe Tele-Meister

I have a pine body tele with a maple fretboard, with CS Texas Specials, wired with a 5-way switch. And the best thing from these is the bridge is not ice-picky, but still clear and twangy. Will never swap out the bridge pup. I love this one.... can't speak for a broadcaster pup in pinewood.

3. kmac

kmac Tele-Meister

The broadcaster is already in there. Sounds GREAT. No ice pick, at least not to my ears. I'm more interested in how the TX special strat neck pup is going to sound in there. I'm guessing its going to be great. Just wondering if anyone here has one or has had one in there tele.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. musicalmartin

musicalmartin Poster Extraordinaire

I had a similar mix for a short while but a Van Zandt true vintage bridge .It worked well but I sold the strat pickup to fund a Strat build and bought a Tele with CS Texas specials in a stock .The strat build ended up with a set of ultra cheap Rose Mariposas which are really good despite costing so little .The Van Zandt is now matched to a VZ true vintage neck which is great.

6. kmac

kmac Tele-Meister

Got it in, sounds great so far. Ordered a new pickguard to fit the strat pup. I have the pup mounted to the body for now.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.