Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

CS '61 Relic - opinion?

Discussion in 'Fender Custom Shop Tele Forum' started by Larry K. Williams, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Nick Fanis

Nick Fanis Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Mar 3, 2003
    Athens-GREECE
    The neck pickup is screwed to the pickguard in the photos of the actual guitar for sale.
    Huge non-conformity with the "official" photos of the guitar in the same page where the specs are described (not to mention butt ugly and definitely not "61" period correct) .

moosie likes this.
  2. Buckaroo

Buckaroo TDPRI Member

Mar 22, 2012
    usa
    Then you might not prefer the "Grease Bucket" wiring either? I am not a fan of the shell guard on Telecasters; though, it does not look bad on that color...but that is very subjective. I too agree the Texas specials are a bit much on a Tele for me.

You should buy what you like! I understand wanting feedback from others, but we are not you.

Good luck,

Buck

3. Buckaroo

Buckaroo TDPRI Member

Mar 22, 2012
    usa
    Ha! I just saw that. That looks so wrong to me. I wonder if the size shape of the Texas Special neck pup requires that?? OUCH

4. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    Naw, the Texas Special neck is the same form factor as any other Tele neck. Easier to adjust the height, of course, but that don't make it right for a reissue.

5. Nick Fanis

Nick Fanis Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Mar 3, 2003
    Athens-GREECE
    No nothing different with the size of the TS, which btw is an AWESOME neck pup.
    Somebody simply messed up with the guitar AFTER it was purchased,maybe it is a used guitar?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.