Crossing the Road Rage

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Dan R, May 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan R

Dan R Friend of Leo's

It's OK to get mad. It's NOT OK to get violent. Period.

maxvintage likes this.
  2. Texicaster

Texicaster Tele-Meister

Point is you have no clue wether stable or not so take the risk when "insulting". Since they obviously decided to play chicken that should have been a clue they don't respond in normal fashion.

So you coulda kept rolling but chose to, by your words, insult someone....

What did you expect?

Sure you were 100% within your rights but that don't make it right....

I bet you wish you hadn't reacted at this point....

BTW I speak from experience having been in a road rage road side brawl. I luckily prevailed but coulda and shoulda gone the other way if size had anything to do with it. I got lucky once and am done exercising my right to insult people....

YMMV

TEX

3. Dan R

Dan R Friend of Leo's

I guess I will keep explaining myself on this. People just read things into statements and interpret in their own way. It's really not about anything but a violent act was perpetrated over a slight. How about the rules of road? The cops did not think I did anything wrong. Pretty easy to judge things from your chair I'll bet. You didn't have your car window broken by a lunatic.

For the last time, I let these people pass with no problem. They were not in front of my car as I approached. The woman stepped back into the street towards me. I have never had an incident with a pedestrian in my life.

I suppose you can see it however you wish.

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  4. Dan R

Dan R Friend of Leo's

So you are wiser than me. You win the argument. Satisfied? Seems like you have to be right as far as I can see.

Let's say I kept rolling and the guy ran after me because he thought I should have stopped? Do you not understand that sometimes events occur that are beyond your control? Pretty easy to judge when it doesn't happen to you.

I guess I should expect some trollish behavior. Even here.

5. PlainAllman

PlainAllman Tele-Meister

I could explain to you what happened but it has to do with one of those subjects expressly prohibited.

As far as the OP, obviously you did nothing wrong. I hope the court finds in your favor for damages and personally I think that guy should face some sort of assault charge at the least. If the city wants to curb that type of ridiculous behavior they are going to have to start making examples of the offenders.

GibbyTwin, Grateful Ape and Dan R like this.
  6. Texicaster

Texicaster Tele-Meister

Ahhh....

YOU flipped the chick off! Right or wrong... You had 100% control over that!

Seriously you flip off some chick and are surprised her guy flips out? Please....

So what if he runs after you? The next time flipping a bird defuses a situation will be the first time.

Yer gonna have to get over the idea that those who disagree with you are trolls.

BTW I agree that you should prevail in court. The guys reaction was 100% wrong but typical response.

I'm saying you both screwed up.

TEX

7. Dan R

Dan R Friend of Leo's

Texicaster, I never said I was an angel. Your logic is so flawed it's ridiculous. I am not the one charged with a criminal offense. That guy could have told me off, he didn't have to break my window. If you live in the 1970's maybe flipping the bird is the absolute worst insult that must be met with force, but today it is not that big of a deal. Many here disagree with me and I don't call them trolls.

It's quite obvious you wish to get the better of someone you don't even know. I have been on this site twenty years and have many friends here. You are not one of them so your opinion means nothing to me. My ignore list is very short and you are now on it. When you have the last word as I know you will, I will not take time to read it.

8. Texicaster

Texicaster Tele-Meister

Well..

Maybe someone else can benefit from my mistakes.

I got very lucky! I flipped off a bigger guy than me and he followed me to a parking lot and confronted me. I took 3 shots then got one lucky punch in. Still don't believe it! I think I looked so scared he let his guard down. Buckled his knees and and had him locked down till he quit thrashing... Then I apologized! LOL. I was 29 and don't think I'll be that lucky at 59..... Oh yea I was well within my 1A rights....

I've not flipped anyone off since. I once muttered FU to a guy who cut me off and he read my lips and dropped back and wanted to throw down. I kept eyes forward and kept rolling till he got bored.

A friend's best friend got shot in the head in front of his kid a few years back over something as stupid...

Have fun exercising your rights but don't gripe if you do it to the wrong guy...

TEX

9. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

Really? Are people dying in Edmonton because they got out of their car or rolled their windows down?

10. kelnet

You just flipped the middle finger at your monitor, didn't you?

Moriarty, Frodebro and Dan R like this.
  11. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

people aren't dying all over the US from giving the finger.
    we don't have a rash of violent jaywalkers either...
    it is pretty isolated and pretty rare... hence, upsetting.

rghill and Dan R like this.
  12. Dan R

Dan R Friend of Leo's

No, the ever wise Texicaster has taught me the error of my ways.

Kelnet, you never fail to crack me up. Good one!

13. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Same situation with me. When I'm carrying (which is most of the time), I'm one of the mellowest people on the road.

14. maxvintage

maxvintage Friend of Leo's

?? You missed where I said "no criticism of the OP implied?"

Dan R likes this.
  15. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Friend of Leo's

Another crosswalk-rage story:

One day last week I was waiting to cross a street, and there was an old lady with a dog on the other side, also waiting. When the "walk" sign appeared and we stepped off our respective curbs, a 20-something woman cruised through the intersection on a bicycle. I didn't give it much thought because it happens all the time, but that sweet-looking little old lady roared, "RED LIGHT, (B-word)!"

I resisted the urge to LOL, because I've lived here long enough to know what would happen next.

Anyway, the bicyclist didn't stop, or even slow down, but she did turn her head to look back... probably because the outburst surprised her as much as it did me.

The old lady wasn't finished yet. She then yelled, "Yeah, just keep pedaling! Your fat ass needs the exercise!"

Sometimes I truly love New York.

Gibson and Moriarty like this.
  16. bcorig

bcorig Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

WHAT THE HELL?? The guy punches out your window because you flipped his girlfriend off after you avoided hitting her after she intentionally illegally stepped in front of your moving automobile? I’m perplexed.

Dan R likes this.
  17. bcorig

bcorig Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Yeah that’s NYC.

18. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

The world is full of people that will resort to violence at the slightest provocation-be it real or merely perceived. This is something I learned decades ago when I was a bar band weekend warrior, and it's knowledge that I have carried with me ever since then.

bcorig likes this.
  19. kelnet

Are you suggesting that the post I quoted was inaccurate? Do these rules not exist in Boston?

20. Texicaster

Texicaster Tele-Meister

I doubt it!

If at 61 yer still flipping people off he'll never get it... even after having his window punched out....

As stated above he'll probably take the perp for all he owns... all $19!

Road rage is real. Not every incident results in death or mayhem or get reported.

Here's a cool site for daily stats:

https://www.monkeymeter.com/

TEX

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.