Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Country-tele in the Style of Troy Cook Jr.

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by LarsMartin, Mar 28, 2011.

1. workingman

workingman TDPRI Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Madrid (Spain)
    Thank you, bagpipe

I just came back to this thread to ask for the type of tunning. Thank you very much!

2. shorty ray

shorty ray Tele-Meister

Nov 5, 2005
    Wilmington North Carolina
    Great Video! Thanks for the backing tracks also.

3. KnopflerStyle

KnopflerStyle Tele-Holic

Jun 22, 2005
    BA
    Awesome vid Lars!!! Keep rolling with this style of vids please!

4. T Prior

T Prior Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 17, 2003
    Charlotte NC
    nice ! NEW fan here !
    t

5. Wailin' Tele

Wailin' Tele Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Jul 2, 2009
    Idaho
    Watching you play confirmed what I already knew, that there are lots of great players in Aarhus. I lived there for about 2 years in the mid '90's, is Vores Sted still around? Saw some great performances there.

6. Wailin' Tele

Wailin' Tele Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Jul 2, 2009
    Idaho
    Wow google maps is pretty amazing, thanks for the trip down memory lane. I lived right up the street on Samsogade. I met Jan Daggry at Vores Sted and Rasmus who was a fantastic keyboard player. I found a youtube vid of both these guys playing on DK TV, these guys were regulars at Vores Sted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDOqPhdDzbk

On my soundclick music page, the song Denial was recorded in my flat on Samsogade with Jan singing and playing. Good times.

7. hackworth1

hackworth1 Friend of Leo's Vendor Member

Great Picking and a great tune. Thanks for the treat.

8. JBAdamsJr

JBAdamsJr TDPRI Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Lawrenceville
    It says in the YouTube comments that she is playing through a Line 6 Toneport UX1. Would anyone be familiar enough with these to be able to tell me which Line 6 patch she might be using to get that tone? I think that is a great tone for these types of songs.

9. LarsMartin

LarsMartin Tele-Meister

Oct 6, 2008
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Laura have sent me the settings she used. Hope you can use it.

Attached Files:

10. LarsMartin

LarsMartin Tele-Meister

Oct 6, 2008
    Aarhus, Denmark
    oh! - I forgot to tell that in front of the UX1 she has a Boss CS-3 compressor

11. JBAdamsJr

JBAdamsJr TDPRI Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Lawrenceville
    If you are in contact with her, can you also find out her delay settings in GuitarPort as well as her CS-3 compressor settings?

12. trappingtexas

trappingtexas Tele-Meister

Feb 23, 2010
    Longview, TX
    Am I seeing things or has this thread been viewed like..2,000 more times since yesterday??? Over 5,900 views? BTW...awesome video and the tab was cool too. Had to sit down and learn it. Fun to play.

The hits are coming in like crazy on this thread. Obviously from outside the forum. I went back to double check before I posted this and there were like 100 more views since like 5 minutes ago. I wonder if everytime the video is viewed on Youtube if it effect the views of this thread.

13. LarsMartin

LarsMartin Tele-Meister

Oct 6, 2008
    Aarhus, Denmark
    @trappingtexas: Just my thought. My jaw dropped. This morning it was 3.4xx something...and now it going ballistic in just 12 hours!!!. Must be an error somewhere. I cant image clicking youtube ads a count here. Insane. Gotta go see my shrink....im not good a being hit hard ;-)

14. LarsMartin

LarsMartin Tele-Meister

Oct 6, 2008
    Aarhus, Denmark
    something's wrong...I just checked my youtube hit counts. I have around 60-100 views a day on that video. So getting thousands on one day here is an error.

15. Ormond

Ormond Tele-Afflicted

Jul 25, 2009
    san bernardino
    Got your email about this Lars. 6,000 views in just a couple days? You were around 1,000 or so a few days ago....and with no extra comments out of the 6,000 - - makes me wonder if some sort of "bot" program has been used. Most telling is that the video has a total of 5,298 views for all sources. Do ya think Laura might be a secret code whiz? Ha Ha! That kind of technology could be worth a lot of money to people that need to build numbers for profit...like on sites such as ReverbNation and such.
    Maybe the Moderator here could shed some light on this. Because if there is such a "bot" program, I want it! Imagine posting a video on the Fender site and hitting it for about 20,000 views in a single day....you could get Fender to give you free gear for the exposure!
    But you bringing up the subject shows what an honest soul you are....you could have said nothing and had all believe you had the highest posting video here of all time. I think the highest View Count of all time here (by a singe artist or group) is the collaboration that Sol Philcox and Brent Mason did. It racked up more than 5,000 views.

16. Ormond

Ormond Tele-Afflicted

Jul 25, 2009
    san bernardino
    However - - - this vid deserves 7,000+ Views.

17. TDPRI

TDPRI Administrator Staff Member

Mar 2, 2003
    TDPRILAND
    Admin Post
    Guys, the read count is correct. It is what it is. Hundreds of thousands of visitors a day come to the TDPRI. Yes, we have a zillion search engine bots, too. But they don't read the same thread 3,000 times.

Heck, we have threads here with 500,000 views.

My guess is that folks have been passing the link to this thread around to other guitar forums maybe.

18. Ormond

Ormond Tele-Afflicted

Jul 25, 2009
    san bernardino
    There ya go! From the man himself. Congrats Lars, you are the all-Time Champ going back at least a couple years on Twanger Central!!!

19. hackworth1

hackworth1 Friend of Leo's Vendor Member

Somebody's gonna put that French girl in a chart busting band. She's gonna be famous.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.