Cooperative Project

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by CptRyg, Dec 15, 2009.

1. CptRyg

CptRyg Tele-Holic

2 telecasters and a strat in waiting. first time.
    Baby was born on Saturday at noon 2 hours after checking in at the hospital. Healthy big boy at 9lbs 7oz.

2. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

congratulations on your baby boy....

3. Engraver-60

Engraver-60 Friend of Leo's

Also, congratulations on the new BIG baby boy. Momma won't be talking to you anytime soon, I bet.

4. CptRyg

CptRyg Tele-Holic

5. guitarbuilder

Hey, Thanks for posting that... every once in a while I wonder what ever happened to it.

6. CptRyg

CptRyg Tele-Holic

Here's a note I got from one of the coordinators.

First let me thank you and your colleagues for providing such an exquisite instrument for us! We will be offering your instrument at a local guitar show in Alsip IL this Sunday and also at a two day show in St Charles IL on the 19th and 20th of May. You can check out our post on our local FB page at http://www.facebook.com/Guitars.For.Vets.Chicago.IL The description is based on what I learned from Cynthia and a guess as to the wood quality.

If you can, could you please give some additional info on the guitar: what type of wood and quality is the top – I listed it as AAA but it was a guess; is it a solid top; what type of pups; neck wood; profile and composition? Also, if you would like us to credit you and your colleagues by name please let me know and I will be very happy to do so.

Thanks again for all that you have done.

Bernie Kampf

Guitars For Vets

Chicagoland Volunteer Coordinator

bkampf@sbcglobal.net

+1 630.513.5773 (H)

+1 630.235.7470 (M)

7. CptRyg

CptRyg Tele-Holic

Hey guys. It's been awhile but here's some closure on this project.

A few weeks ago, Patrick from Guitars for Vets gave me a call and let me know that this thing toured with them to trade shows for the last few years. It had gotten them a lot of publicity and interest.

It finally went up for auction and I got this note today.

Hi, I won the auction for the red telecaster on Reverb recently, and just wanted to thank you for what you're doing with Guitars For Vets. When I got home from Iraq in 1991, my dad gave me his Ovation to play. Having that guitar made a difference over the following years that I can't fully articulate - but I was able to express some of what I was feeling through particular songs, or just being able to play as a distraction from other things was such a help. I'm sure that the Veterans you are helping know what I'm talking about.

What a privilege it is to make a contribution to your work, and to have this guitar for all that it represents.

Keynan

Here is a link from Reverb. I'm really happy to see this project closed, how about you!
    https://reverb.com/item/866528-guitars-for-vets-custom-telecaster

8. guitarbuilder

Thanks for the update. It's hard to believe that it has been 6 years since this thing started.

9. DrASATele

DrASATele Poster Extraordinaire

Wow. Awesome, very inspiring. I wasn't a member when you started this but it was one of the first threads I read. My dad was an MP, my Uncle Tom a Marine and my Uncle George (who taught me wood working) was in the Navy. This is such a great tribute to our nations heroes! Well done! Great way to close it out too.

"I never felt I had enough personal style to pursue being just a guitarist."
    - B. Springsteen

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.