Cooperative Project

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by CptRyg, Dec 15, 2009.

1. CptRyg

CptRyg Tele-Holic

If it's a matter of conducting business I can be there. It's just a matter of 2 hours. Let me know how it goes on Wednesday.

2. CptRyg

CptRyg Tele-Holic

Had a good conversation with a guy from the organization. There is an event in Nashville sheduled for June where the project will be presented. I know Mark is in the area and will probably plan on being there. Anyone else think it's a possibility?

The other option that they wanted me to float by you is the possibility of auctioning this off so the proceeds could pay for several other guitars. Thoughts?

On another note, I have tax forms for anyone who is interested so pm me with your email address if you're interested.

3. Engraver-60

Engraver-60 Friend of Leo's

Let me know of the schedule. I have not heard back from Vince Gill, Amy Grant, or Brad Paisley yet. I have sent emails to all, but no word back. I'll try to call their management companies, and see if they can get word to them.

As far as auctioning off to purchase other guitars, I'd be in favor of that, because more guitars is better to help more veterans, than one supreme creation for a single beginner. Perhaps the guitar could raise several thousand dollars & then be used to purchase about 10-20 guitars from several different companies. There is also a company here in Franklin, TN (MIRC - http://www.mircweb.com/) that buys damaged, seconds and discontinued guitars and refurbs them and sells them to wholesalers (that in turn sells retail) at rock bottom prices. Perhaps the owners of MIRC could be contacted to help out the cause? Let me know if I can help. Thanks.

4. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

By the way there is a little article about guitars for vets in the most recent issue of vintage guitar magazine ( p.18).

5. vernon T

vernon T NEW MEMBER!

First, Thanks Mark (MGDesigns) for introducing me to this project.

I make no promise that I can get Vince Gill, Amy Grant, Faith Hill, Tim McGraw etc., to be involved in this project but, I do have a couple contacts here in NashVegas. I will make every effort to enlist them.

Can someone tell me what the event in June is called and a date? May I have a photo of the finished product to share? That could be very helpful and generate their interest if they can see what you produced.

And I must say that the work you all put into this project is incredible. You are all such phenomenally talented artisans. The final product is absolutely beautiful.

Congratulations!

6. Engraver-60

VernonT: Glad to see you here. Maybe with your contacts we can coerce Amy to get Vince to get Brad, etc. to come down and be the photo ops for a presentation or auction event.

CptRyg: Any more feedback about holding an auction to raise even more guitars for the recipients?

7. CptRyg

CptRyg Tele-Holic

Hey there. Guess I should check in here more often. Vern, I will shoot you an email with pictures very shortly.
    I'm also working a line to Charley Daniels so who knows what can evolve at this point.

No more feedback on an auction but I will call the org on the way home. I will tell my contact we are open to an auction and I'll see if there is anymore update on the June event.

8. Engraver-60

CptRyg: I did have a lady in CA that saw the phot of the guitar & would be interested if it does go to auction (to buy for her husband). So, I think as a best utilization for the net gain for the Vets, the auction would be my choice. I just wish I had a bankroll to bid on it myself.

BTW: How does it play & sound? Any soundclips available? How do other contributors feel about auctioning or donating as is? Vote?

9. guitarbuilder

Auction...

10. CptRyg

CptRyg Tele-Holic

I agree, Auction. Just seems the most sensible thing to do.

MGD, it would be a shame for you not to get to experience it in person given your proximity to me and given your level of contribution. Hopefully soon we will have someone down there to want a meeting soon. Otherwise I will be sure to run it down to Nashville before we transfer this.

I've said it before, I know, but I will work on getting a clip of it up here.

11. guitarbuilder

Any news on this project?

12. jkingma

jkingma Super Moderator Staff Member

Admin Post
    I guess not...

13. guitarbuilder

I'd love to see this just get donated......It's only been a year and a half almost.

14. guitarbuilder

2 weeks later.....

15. Engraver-60

I was sure Cpt. Ryg was going to get this on some sort of auction to raise enough money for more than one guitar. I don't care either way so long as the deserving vet gets a guitar to take his mind off of the past.

16. guitarbuilder

It can't be this hard to auction it.....you guys have too much time and effort into the guitar just to let it fade away like this. I just donated parts and can live with any outcome...but it's really not fair to you guys who gave freely of your time and sweat over it.

17. Jeff1981

Jeff1981 TDPRI Member

Wow!

I just spent the last hour or so reading through this thread and Im truely speechless at the hard work and effort applied to this cause. My hats off to you all.

I really hope this thread can have a happy ending here soon. I want to see that thing get into the hands of a deserving vet or atleast get a very hefty sum of $ from auction and the money actually applied to purchasing many guitars for vets.

I see the OP has been on here as recent as last night, 7/20/2011 @ 9:13 PM, anyone here had any contact with him or know where the guitar is currently? I just find it a little odd that he's been active on the forum with no response on this thread.

I certainly hope that all of your hard work and dedication for a good cause has not become the prize of the OP.

Again, seriously, my hat is off to you all, I have a great respect for you all and the work that you all do in general but this was a great deal of hard work, time and money invested for a great cause. I have a great respect for you all.

Jeff

18. CptRyg

CptRyg Tele-Holic

Sorry folks. Been busy with a new baby coming, a move, selling the house, and finishing up 2 guitars in the midst of all this.

The guitar was shipped in May to the .org. They showcased it at their convention in Green Bay to generate interest. That was on June 11.

They are trying to get an article on it and the group here in a magazine like guitar premier.

I spoke to both of the founders on the phone and they were both in deep awe of the generosity of the donation.

Since the convention I haven't heard anything.

19. guitarbuilder

Thanks for the update.

20. Engraver-60

CptRyg: Congrats on the new baby - Tele or Strat? Thanks for the update - I hope someone will play or learn to play and be very inspired by this wonderful creation. Call me next time you're headed to Nashville. Thanks. MG

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.