Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Cool song from Heineken commercial

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by voodoo_idol, Sep 19, 2011.

1. voodoo_idol

voodoo_idol Friend of Leo's

Mar 1, 2009
    Pasadena, CA
    Love the guitar riffs in this song from a recent Heineken commercial.

The original song is "Jan Pahechan Ho", sung by Mohammed Rafi in 1966. I guess this was an Indian version of an Elvis movie.

2. Donelson

Donelson Tele-Afflicted

May 31, 2011
    Nashville TN
    That is quite a strikingly odd ad, musically and every other way. Almost like a super bowl ad. I never saw it until watching football games yesterday, and they ran it many times. However I mainly only watch TV to watch sports games, almost always with guitar in hand to get in some practice; so any ad with loud music gets the mute treatment. This one is now on the mute list for sure.

Good marks for quirk factor though.

That singer Rafi brings to mind Morris Day for some reason.

3. elihu

elihu Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 24, 2009
    Texas
    Cool in a cheap 60's way-love it.

But I'm too old for dates like that Heineken guy-all that running around. Guess I stick with Modelo Especial. At least it will settle all those musical arguments I get into.

4. Martin R

Martin R Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Jun 26, 2008
    Albuquerque
    Coffee hasn't kicked in yet...but that song opened a movie. Can't remember if it was mainstream, but after hearing it we found that video and talked about covering it.

Can anyone translate?

5. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

Kinda funny to have that Heineken commercial switch over to Hindi, but I dig it!

6. Desertbilly

Desertbilly TDPRI Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Tucson AZ
    It was used in the film Ghostworld I believe.

7. Blazer

Blazer Doctor of Teleocity

Dec 2, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Do you guys remember that song by the British band Cornershop, "Brimful of Asha?"

Yup, this is the original one, not the remix that made Fatboy Slim a star.

Tjinder Singh, the singer of that band is from Indian heritage and loves Bollywood movies and that song is about the singers from those movies. He actually mentions Mohammed Rafi in the lyrics, while the title also refers to Asha Bhosle, who was the biggest star among those Bollywood singers. The Lyric "On the 45" not only refers to the 45 inch records but also to Station 45 which was an Indian radio music station in the UK.

8. BigDaddyLH

I wish I could just place where I've heard this Bollywood song before :lol:

9. Blazer

Blazer Doctor of Teleocity

Dec 2, 2003
    The Netherlands
    I wish somebody would place subtitles which show what's REALLY being said rather than based on what the Sanskrit lyrics sound like.

10. BigDaddyLH

Okay, here's the real lyrics, they're in Telugu, not Hindi.

11. garymaddox

garymaddox Tele-Afflicted

Feb 25, 2009
    Foat Wuth, Texus
    Desertbilly is correct. It was in Ghostworld. I have the soundtrack. It's a good soundtrack to have because all the songs are great in their own way.

12. Martin R

Martin R Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Jun 26, 2008
    Albuquerque
    Yes, Ghost World! Scarlet Johanson's first movie. Thora somebody...and Steve Buscemi.

Wonderful movie....Can somebody translate the song?

13. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    What's the other Heineken commerical song? Where the guy walks into the party and has all the encounters with different people and then joins the band on stage. "Sing it out loud..." is the chorus????

14. voodoo_idol

voodoo_idol Friend of Leo's

Mar 1, 2009
    Pasadena, CA
    That's The Asteroids Galaxy Tour, a Danish pop band. The song is "The Golden Age".

15. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    Thank you.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.