Colorado Mile High Tele Club.

Discussion in 'US Member Clubs' started by gitold, Feb 28, 2013.

1. fenderfan

fenderfan Tele-Afflicted

Vintage cars and twang...the Royal Aces surf band will be at the Golden Super Cruise this Saturday, June 2, from 3 to 6 pm. We'll be out on the big King Sooper parking lot on South Golden Road. super cruise1.jpg

2. Scottz

Scottz Tele-Holic

I just now found this thread, I'm getting back into guitar after not picking one up for years. I have a couple of strats and my first tele is on the way, nothing fancy, just a surf green bullet. I'm in Littleton.

3. fenderfan

fenderfan Tele-Afflicted

Sufin' into the Englewood Tavern. First time for the Royal Aces to be playing at this cool, historic neighborhood bar, at 4386 South Broadway. Saturday June 9, from 8 to 11 pm.
    englewood tavern1.jpg

4. fenderfan

fenderfan Tele-Afflicted

It's the Sand In The City beach party in Arvada, this Saturday, June 23 and Sunday, June 24. Only $5 admission with lots of music, food, vendors, kids activities, etc. On Saturday, the Royal Aces surf band will provide the twang and reverb from 10 am to noon. 64th and Simms.
    Sand-in-the-City-Logo_350px.jpg

5. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

I forgot about this thread. What's up, homies? Is anyone other then the Royal Aces out playing? The Colorado Green Band will be out playing in September. We're trying to do some recording and get more gigs. We have a slew of new original songs and some new covers.

That's my news. What's yours?

6. deadbeat son

deadbeat son Tele-Afflicted

No news here, but curious if any of you fine folks know of anyone in Colorado with an Allen Accomplice or Accomplice Jr? I’m interested in purchasing one direct from Allen, but I’d love to play through one first. I’d happily supply a 6-pk of the owner’s favorite malted beverage to try his/her amp. Thanks!

7. Anita Bonghit

Anita Bonghit Tele-Meister

Greetings from the Four Corners of SW Colorado, Dolores to be exact. Any members in my area?

8. thesjkexperienc

thesjkexperienc Tele-Holic

Has anyone been to the blues jam at Rockabillys on a Sunday nights?

I’m getting back into playing again, after my accident, and wanted to know if it is friendly or competitive?

I’ve built a few beautiful blackguards this year including a mid 1950 Esquire sans truss rod, a Keef style Micawber, a late 51 style relic and a pine Esquire w/one pickup. I don’t know how to post pics anymore that photobucket died or I’d show them off.

I still wind pickups and do Tele sets, set up for 4 way switching, for well under $100. No ice pick guarantee! Sorry Albert Collins. *grins*

9. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Sounds like the same old Sunday Blues Jam they used to host at Ziggies Scott. Probably still a sign up sheet to sit in for a few numbers. Helps to get to know who the regulars are.

I'd be up for checking it out with you if you like. PM me or send me an email.

10. Bergy

Bergy Tele-Meister

Haven’t been able to make it in a month or two but you will recognize a lot of the faces from the old Ziggies/The Rusty Bucket crew. Doc Brown is still there every other week with other hosts rotating in like Randall Dubis or Eddie Turner. Carla just handed over running it to Doc. I think they removed the Ziggies reference from the jam’s title. It’s now simply called The Mile High Blues Society Blues Jam. It still gets loud and gratuitous at times but the atmosphere has usually been welcoming and forgiving in my experiences. It wouldn’t be a blues jam without a few crotchety ol’ fellas sitting around a bar complaining but I wouldn’t call it cut throat. You can almost always bet that my buddy Greg is going to be the first guitarist to sign up on the list and he is going to be playing the hell out of one of his Teles. From what I hear the list has been filling up kinda fast lately, too. I’ve had friends tell me they showed up at 7 to sign up, and don’t get on stage til 10 (ends at 11) simply cuz of how many players are on the list. The food is pretty decent for a sports bar but the kitchen closes at 9.

soulman969 likes this.
  11. Bergy

Bergy Tele-Meister

[​IMG]

MHBS Poster.jpg

Talk about timely! Here is Doc's new poster. I am pretty sure it is Doc, Mark and Milt hosting this weekend.

12. thesjkexperienc

Doc Brown owns a Gunbarrel guitar :)

I’ll be ready once ski season is over mid April. I haven’t played much since my accident and I’m losing the feeling in my fingertips so I just hope to avoid total embarrasment lol. I am really liking the GHS 9.5-44 strings on a Tele. Converted one of the first blackguards I made to a 1951 era Esquire and wow!

Let it snow x3

13. thesjkexperienc

Thanks Paul! Thanks Bergy!

14. rockymtnguitar

rockymtnguitar Tele-Meister

Anyone in the Colorado Springs area interested in getting together to jam a bit on weekends? I play guitar. I’d enjoy working with a singer and whatever instruments anyone plays. Acoustic or electric environment is fine. Rock/country/blues/originals. PM me

horax likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.