Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Colorado Mile High Tele Club.

Discussion in 'US Member Clubs' started by gitold, Feb 28, 2013.

1. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Englewood, CO

I'd be up for a road trip about then. :)

2. fenderfan

fenderfan Tele-Afflicted

Mar 21, 2003
    Denver
    A surfing video...in Denver!?
    A couple of weeks ago, the Royal Aces surf band played for a party that was put on by the people who surf that section of the South Platte River that has been structured to have a surf wave. The result is this video...yes, the song is Wipeout, but the surfers want the classics! For gear info, I'm playing through my Quilter Micro Pro Mach 2, on the "Surf" setting, through a 15" Weber California.

soulman969 and horax like this.

3. Honga Man

Honga Man Tele-Afflicted

Sep 6, 2003
    Colorado
    Gitold, your new jam room is superb! Congratulations on your retirement and your new digs.

It's clear the volume of the bass rig will come from the pick and not the amp. ;)

(though I remember that amp as being more than adequate)

4. gpasq

gpasq Friend of Leo's

Oct 15, 2011
    Littleton, CO
    Been away for a while, but your music room looks great!

5. Greg.Coal

Greg.Coal Tele-Afflicted

Aug 23, 2009
    Colorado
    Also want to congratulate Kevin on retirement and a move out of Denver. Your son is a good man, poppa!

6. horax

horax Tele-Holic

Jul 1, 2011
    colorado springs
    Awesome! Glad to see more surf in Colorado....still trying to get something started in the springs.

Can't remember the member that I got this from, but I would love to hear from him.
    I only added the Bigsby:

bigsby.jpg

brookdalebill likes this.

7. fenderfan

fenderfan Tele-Afflicted

Mar 21, 2003
    Denver
    Tiki Party at Green Russell Bar, 1422 Larimer St. in Denver - Saturday, July 22. This was a great event last year, so they're doing it again this year. The party starts at 5 pm, and the Royal Aces surf band will play from 8 pm to midnight.
    2017-7.22-Green-Russell-Tiki-Party.jpg

8. thesjkexperienc

thesjkexperienc Tele-Meister

Dec 19, 2008
    Gunbarrel, Colorado
    Sorry

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017

9. fenderfan

fenderfan Tele-Afflicted

Mar 21, 2003
    Denver
    For the sixth year in a row, the Royal Aces are very pleased to be playing at the great Rosie's Diner Car Show, in Monument, Colorado, this Sunday, July 30, from 9 am to 1 pm.

[​IMG]

10. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    Had a good jam tonight with Gitold and Soulman969 and my regular drummer, Deb out in Greeley. Low key, some pizza and tunes. We covered some '60's a little Motown/R&B and a few rock standards. I got to play through a 65 amp a nice Vox/Marshall kind of thing. With a little delay I didn't even need any reverb, which is rare for me. I dragged out the Les Paul for the first time in a long time. Now I remember why I bought that guitar! Good fun! We might have to make this a regular thing.

soulman969 likes this.

11. fenderfan

fenderfan Tele-Afflicted

Mar 21, 2003
    Denver
    Another Royal Aces surf band "twin spin weekend":
    FRIDAY, AUG. 18, 8 pm, Kline's Beer Hall, 7519 Grandview, Arvada.
    SATURDAY, AUG. 19 - The Keep Dreamin' Car Show, with all proceeds going to Wounded Warrior Project: Backstreet Tavern, 1150 S. Galena, Aurora. Car show starts at noon, we play from 2 to 3 pm
    royalaceslogo2.jpg

12. fenderfan

fenderfan Tele-Afflicted

Mar 21, 2003
    Denver
    The Royal Aces surf band: See you in September!
    It's always fun to have TDPRI folks stop by...

SATURDAY, SEPT. 2: Golden Super Cruise Car Show, 3:30 to 6:30 pm in the big King Sooper's parking lot, South Golden Rd.
    FRIDAY, SEPT. 15: Kline's Beer Hall, 7519 Grandview Ave, Arvada, 8 to 11 pm.
    SATURDAY, SEPT. 16: The annual Gary Lee Days, at Gary Lee's Motor Club, 176 S. Broadway, in memory of Gary Lee Bomar. We'll play from 6 to 8 pm.
    FRIDAY, SEPT. 29: The Berkeley Inn, 38th and Tennyson, from 6 to 10 pm
    klinesE.JPG

13. Laganlad

Laganlad TDPRI Member

Dec 29, 2014
    CO
    Anyone have suggestions for a tech/luthier in the Denver area? I need a nut replacement. South side of the city would be ideal

14. gitold

gitold Friend of Leo's

Mar 25, 2009
    Greeley Co.
    Victor music on S. Broadway knows what there doing. He has a luthier school in the building and he builds great guitars.

15. Laganlad

Laganlad TDPRI Member

Dec 29, 2014
    CO
    Thanks gitold. I'll look them up

16. fenderfan

fenderfan Tele-Afflicted

Mar 21, 2003
    Denver
    Royal Aces Surf Band Triple Play Weekend...

*Friday, Oct. 6 - Denver Beer Co. "Collaboration Celebration", 2-4 pm. 17th and Platte.

*Saturday, Oct. 7 - the final Golden Super Cruise Car Show of 2017, 3:30 to 6:30 pm..King Sooper parking lot on South Golden Rd.

*Sunday, Oct. 8 - Vesper Lounge Pig Roast, 233 E. 7th, Denver, 4 to 8 pm

[​IMG]

17. fenderfan

fenderfan Tele-Afflicted

Mar 21, 2003
    Denver
    December Surf! Royal Aces surf band at Kline's Beer Hall, Grandview Ave, Arvada, CO
    Friday, December 1
    8 to 11 pm...no cover charge
    santa-surfing-1.jpg

18. GuitarRandy

GuitarRandy TDPRI Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Parker, Colorado
    Hey everyone, another Denverite (well, Parker) here! Hopefully I'll run into a few of you sometime!

soulman969 likes this.

19. Laganlad

Laganlad TDPRI Member

Dec 29, 2014
    CO
    Anyone heard of Highlands Ranch Repair? I'm in need of some work and this is closest

20. Andy B

Andy B Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Mar 16, 2003
    Colorado
    What repairs are you in need of?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.