Colonoscopy yesterday

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Geoff738, May 8, 2019.

1. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

I have #3 coming up later this year.
    The first one was a real stress maker. I had no idea what to expect.
    Heard all the stories about how bad prepping would be. It was no big deal.

If the doc says you should do it, do it!
    Face it, if something bad does happen, you will at the right place at the right time with the right people.

-ST

2. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

You are a terrible person.
    Where did you find that picture.
    I haven't laughed so hard in a long time!
    YEP!!!

3. chet again

chet again Tele-Meister

I'm thinking of getting it done. Will I be able to drive myself home after the procedure or will I have to get a motel room close by the place?

4. Ivorytooth

Ivorytooth Tele-Meister

You will need someone to drive you home. They won't let you out unless you do. Most places will want the name and phone number of who it will be. You can take a taxi home too.

5. Geoff738

Geoff738 Poster Extraordinaire

Unless you have the option of opting out of the sedative. I’ve been lucid even with the sedative and mine have been fine, some discomfort with one, but not everybody has the same experience. I’m told get thesedative if you can.

Cheers,
    Geoff

6. FenderGuy53

FenderGuy53 Poster Extraordinaire

Do yourself a huge favor; do this right and get the colonoscopy. It's really no big deal; it's more conclusive, and they can remove any polyps immediately, if needed.

I'll be having my 4th in June.

The prep is something like this: the night before the procedure, no eating after 9PM; the morning of the procedure, get up early, drink the prep (very tolerable), spend time on the "can", cleaning out the colon. Drive to the hospital (or wherever the procedure will be performed) WITH your designated driver. Undress. Receive the IV sedation. Say goodnight, 'cause you'll be "out" in 30 seconds. Wake up, in what seems likes minutes, and join the "flatulation choir". Doc comes in to discuss findings. Get dressed. Your designated driver takes you out to breakfast, then home. Done.

Do it. Trust me. It's no biggy - and it's the best sleep you'll ever get! ;)

7. chet again

chet again Tele-Meister

I thought that you took the prep stuff the night before.

8. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

depends on the time of day your scope is scheduled.. morning or afternoon....

all of mine have been morning jobs, so the prep starts the evening before, then more early in the morning before you front up to the clinic...

that cup of tea and sangas afterwards are most welcome on an empty stomach.... ;)

9. claes

claes Tele-Holic

I'm 55. Long time with hemo and **** problem so they wanted to do one just to be safe. They found two polyps...and small and one bigger (it wasn't C).

After six months (two weeks ago) I had another and everything looked good. So now I will have another in 3 years.

It's really nothing. I think it would be worse to do gastroscopy because of all the reflexes. There is no reflexes in the ass. I take two mild benzopills before the procedure.

And while they where at it. Dr hartman did things to me :) and it is alway good to know that the prostate looks fine. Even if those problems normally comes a litle later (but not always)

Over here I'm not aloud to eat anything (only drink) the day before. With afternoon appointments I can't eat in 1 and a half day but it works really well because of the amount of fluid you drink

10. Telecasterless

Telecasterless Friend of Leo's

Second the notion that it was "no big deal". You poop water the day before to clean you out; now its all over the counter miralax and Gatorade. No big deal. Everyone should fast once in a while.

Get to the hospital, get in your gown, relax, they prep you with the twilight, wheel you in, flirt with the nurse. Next thing I knew I was in recovery, 20 mins later, didn't even remember getting knocked out. It was WAY easier than I expected, like maybe even less stressful than getting a filling put in. I was done and on my way to the hamburger joint afterwards.

Book it and do it, and move on.

11. claes

claes Tele-Holic

In sweden you normally don't get sedated for colonoscopy. You can get something to calm you down if you need. I took two normal 5mg benso just because i have them. Just like I do to the dentist.
    No recovery...just getting my clothes on and went home. I walked the 800 meters (half a mile) back and forth mostly not to pay for the parking.

12. Old Deaf Roadie

Old Deaf Roadie Tele-Holic

I don't have a problem with the hose. It's getting "the finger" where I have problems.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.