Collings I-35lc

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Jostein, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Jostein

Jostein Tele-Holic

It seems to be Collings best selling electric guitar. It is laminated and has a 15'' body so it is smaller than a 335. It doesn't sound exactly like a 335 but is in the same camp and has it's own thing going. Collings are usually more acoustic sounding and lively than other electric makers.... I don't own one(I do own several of their other guitars though), but I am tempted to put in an order for one. I recently got to demo one that I really liked, this one has some upgrades, an aged finish, pickguard, binding on the neck and Throbak pickups. Looks kind of like a vintage 335! Love the sound of it too.

2. IgnatzMouse

IgnatzMouse TDPRI Member

Well, no one replied to you. I've been intrigued by these for a long time and now have one arriving tomorrow. Lollars, not ThroBaks, but for my playing style, probably a better fit. Anyway, I'm quite excited.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.