Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Collings guitar owners club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Jostein, Apr 29, 2012.

1. joesnewmatch

joesnewmatch Tele-Meister

Mar 25, 2008
    South Florida
    Good Lord, can you play! Always enjoy your posts and share them with another friend who's not on the forums as much. That's quite the collection, too!

I have the I-35lc, my favorite guitar by far, though I play blues, rock, and alternative country. I wish I could play jazz like that! Thinking about trying a Collings acoustic next, but not sure which one. No dealers near me, but I'm leaning towards a C10 short scale...

2. Jostein

Jostein Tele-Holic

Jan 15, 2012
    Bronx
    Thank you very much!
    The I-35lca is a really wonderful guitar, I would love to have one of those too, but as you can see I am all set for a while. The green guitar isn't mine yet, it is on loan form Collings, but I am very temped to get one.
    A C10 short scale sounds like an amazing guitar!

3. Jostein

Jostein Tele-Holic

Jan 15, 2012
    Bronx
    Would love to see pics of your I-35lc.

4. Jostein

Jostein Tele-Holic

Jan 15, 2012
    Bronx
    Here is my Collings family!
    [​IMG]

5. T-Bone

T-Bone Tele-Holic

Aug 28, 2012
    Toronto
    Nice family photo. Needs a couple of little ukuleles to round it out though ;-)

6. Jostein

Jostein Tele-Holic

Jan 15, 2012
    Bronx
    Thanks!
    I would rather get one of their acoustics, an OM 1 or OM2 with a cutaway!
    Ukuleles are like toys.

7. T-Bone

T-Bone Tele-Holic

Aug 28, 2012
    Toronto
    Toys?

Ouch

You have a lot to learn my friend. You would be amazed at the number of guitar players who have forgotten about their guitars after getting hooked on ukulele

8. Jostein

Jostein Tele-Holic

Jan 15, 2012
    Bronx
    Don't worry, I was just kidding! I have seen some great ukulele players, and I know Collings makes really great ones.

9. MrSea

MrSea Tele-Meister

May 12, 2010
    Winston-Salem, NC
    I posted this on the acoustic guitar forum but felt it should also be included here.

Major purchase this past weekend. Had to sell/shift things around to do this. I sold a Fender Telecaster, a vintage Fender P Bass, my wife's old accordion and still had to add some cash. I have wanted a another OM guitar for some time but just couldn't see to do it. This guitar was offered to me several years ago by a friend and I just put the idea away as "too expensive". About a year and half ago, he brought it to my house for a jam. I played it and it clicked. I asked "how much" and his offer was very reasonable. I just recently decided to let my vintage P Bass go for a little less than I wanted-but it allowed me to finally get this guitar.

My friend purchased this thing new in 1994. He did not particularly want to sell it but had offered it to me as a sort of favor, I think. Lucky me. It is petty much mint and it seems to be at home with finger style or with a flat pick. It is a little stiff and needs to be played. I'll fix that. I may alter the setup a little but it's pretty great like it is. I think this is a keeper.

Attached Files:

10. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

Nice MrSea. You should be set for just about anything with a nice OM. Enjoy it in good health!

11. D1AFlatpicker

D1AFlatpicker TDPRI Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Minnesota
    Here's two thirds of my stringed instrument family: a D1A and MTO. I also have an AV 52.

Attached Files:

12. SkipParis

SkipParis Tele-Meister

New Collins

Grabbed this CL today Unbelievable Quality.
    [​IMG]

13. BopT

BopT Tele-Afflicted

Feb 6, 2011
    Chicago
    Nice!

14. SkipParis

SkipParis Tele-Meister

15. BopT

BopT Tele-Afflicted

Feb 6, 2011
    Chicago
    Very nice indeed!

16. Jostein

Jostein Tele-Holic

Jan 15, 2012
    Bronx
    That's a real beauty, congrats!

17. Jostein

Jostein Tele-Holic

Jan 15, 2012
    Bronx
    Beautiful!
    Nice to see some mandolins being posted here, they are truly works of art.
    Did you see the mandolin movie from Collings?

18. Jostein

Jostein Tele-Holic

Jan 15, 2012
    Bronx
    Super sweet! Nice DH2 too!
    I tried a CL standard at NAMM that I really liked, I also tried the first CL ever made when I visited the Collings factory recently. A buddy of mine just purchased that guitar.

19. Jostein

Jostein Tele-Holic

Jan 15, 2012
    Bronx
    This is a super cool video from Collings about their electrics:

20. D1AFlatpicker

D1AFlatpicker TDPRI Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Minnesota
    Just watched it. Great video! Definitely on my list of places to visit.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.