Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

College Football 2017-18

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Guitarzan, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Doctor of Teleocity

Jan 18, 2013
    West O' Philly, PA
    If Penn State is on your schedule, watch out! We are... on a roll!:D IMG_3399.PNG

Grux likes this.

2. DaddyG

DaddyG Tele-Meister

Oct 25, 2012
    Norton, Ohio
    I think Ohio State has had it. Their weaknesses have been exposed and they probably will not change this year. It must be hard for top ten teams to maintain their programs with guys going to the NFL by their sophomore year.

uriah1 likes this.

3. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 28, 2006
    Hotlanta, GA
    The feds have gotten involved in college basketball because it has gotten so bad. They have arrested some of the smaller fish and are pushing big charges, and already have cooperating witnesses. That is how the feds take down the mountain. It could get bad enough to whack athletic directors at Oklahoma State, Louisville, Arizona, etc. and affect all athletic programs.

Georgia's basketball coach, Mark Fox, has been the subject of derision for missing so many good recruits coming out of metro Atlanta that go to play for Kentucky, UNC, Duke, etc. In response, he has asserted for a long time that basketball recruiting is so dirty that he cannot recruit them legally and land them. Recently, Atlanta produced 12 players in the Top 100 basketball recruits, and one went to Ga. Tech while the rest all went out of state.

Wyzsard likes this.

4. Wyzsard

Wyzsard Friend of Leo's

I remember when Calipari came to Kentucky, all the Louisville fans I know kept telling me " it's just a matter of time before he gets caught.... He's going to tear your program to pieces... "

Now they're not talking smack so much..

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...7/rick-pitino-out-louisville-coach/707442001/

5. Guitarzan

Feb 28, 2006
    Hotlanta, GA
    The Mad Passer has Wazoo in the top 20 after Wash State beat USC. I always like to see USC take a beating.

Georgia absolutely demolished Tennessee in Neyland Stadium, 41-0. It is nice to have some payback after losing so many games to UT that should not have been lost, including the last two.

Georgia plays Vandy this Saturday at noon. There is a pair of sisters on the UGA and Vandy cheerleading squad. Perhaps they should settle the outcome with 4 rounds of mud rasslin'.

It looks like Bammer is the best in the SEC, and behind them a distance Auburn and Georgia want to be contenders. I've seen this script before, so I will wait and see.

LSU lost to Troy at home, and Troy talked trash on social media. Payback is not fun, and Louisiana has a lot of talent in the state.

http://www.11alive.com/sports/siste...f-from-vanderbiltygeorgia-sidelines/480492198

6. Guitarzan

Feb 28, 2006
    Hotlanta, GA
    The upcoming weekend does not have a lot of marquis matchups.

Miami and Florida State might be the biggest matchup. Bammer and TAMU might be interesting for a little while.

7. Guitarzan

Feb 28, 2006
    Hotlanta, GA
    Well, it turned out to be a weekend of unexpected victories and some outright upsets.

LSU beat Florida, which was surprising.

MSU beat a no. 7 ranked Michigan at their place, and I'd call it an upset even though MSU has been a problem for them recently.

Iowa State went into Norman and beat Chokelahoma in the post-Big Game Bob era.

Alabama looked a little flat and was chaleneged by TAMU.

ClemPson looked a little flat and was challenged a bit by Wake Forest.

Georgia ran the ball down Vandy's throat, and is now in the Top 4. We shall see how it can handle being ranked this highly this early in the year.

teletimetx likes this.

8. Guitarzan

Feb 28, 2006
    Hotlanta, GA
    Where is everyone this season? It is as if there are no college football fans around here anymore.

9. Equus

Equus TDPRI Member

Sep 27, 2017
    Indiana
    Oh I'm around. UK fan here, one that has not much beef with Stoops. Being in the Louisvile metro area, it's really fun to here the local Cats fans and all those I know in the real part of Kentucky. Big difference. Looks like this will be a long tense season following the Cardiac Cats.

Kentucky football fans are really Kentucky basketball fans with nothing better to do before Big Blue Madness. Go to a football game and listen to them. It's quite entertaining to say the least.

10. rburd2

rburd2 Tele-Afflicted

Sep 13, 2016
    Georgia, US
    One of my best friend's dad was born and raised in Kentucky. Both huge fans of the Wildcats. They don't pay much attention to football. :)

11. JORear

JORear Tele-Meister

Jun 11, 2017
    Alabama
    Trying to keep the emotions down. I'm just waiting till a lack of a throwing QB will result in a big L on Bama's schedule. I guess it's good when 2nd place isn't good enough for a fan base.

12. rburd2

rburd2 Tele-Afflicted

Sep 13, 2016
    Georgia, US
    Somebody's gonna have to be up by two scores or cause a 2 minute drill for that to really matter. With Bama's defense, that may prove a hard task.

13. JORear

JORear Tele-Meister

Jun 11, 2017
    Alabama
    I thought the same thing last year. That didn't end well. Then again, we are undefeated and things could be a lot worse. I could be an Auburn fan.

14. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Colorado Springs
    Ha ha, it's hard being an Auburn fan with Bama's yearly championship runs. Consider how truly unfortunate it is for us: the two best coaches in the history of college football (Saban and Bear) both coached our arch-rival.

It ain't fair I tell ya.

Grux likes this.

15. Guitarzan

Feb 28, 2006
    Hotlanta, GA
    There is really no marquis matchup this weekend. The Texas-Oklahoma game is on but is not a big deal this year.

Auburn-LSU will be interesting, no one knows which LSU team will show up. Go Tigers! ;)

Miami-Georgia Tech might be an upset.

I'll be watching Muzzourah at Georgia at night. Georgia should take care of business because Mizzou has not been that good.

16. dkmw

dkmw Tele-Afflicted Ad Free + Supporter

Mar 30, 2016
    Florida USA
    How 'bout Da U ??

17. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Friend of Leo's

Feb 12, 2010
    Jacksonville
    No team is safe. It's chaos.
    Bama, Georgia and Penn State look real. I don't buy TCU being legit, after all it's the Big 12 (10 but they apparently can't count in the Southwest).
    I left my Tigers (Purple and Gold version that play in the real Death Valley) for dead a few weeks ago but they have a ton of heart.

18. dented

dented Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Apr 17, 2006
    Back at the Beach
    They lost at LSU by single digits when they tried an onside kick too early. The next week they lost by single digits at NC State when receivers dropped the ball in the end zone. Then they came home and had something to prove. They are a good team with something to prove. Clemson found it out. 7503_syracuse_orange-mascot-2006.png

Colo Springs E likes this.

19. Grux

Grux Tele-Holic

Jan 10, 2017
    Clarksville, TN
    GOod win for Syracuse but they didn't get the full wrath of Clemson.

I thought this year was Vandy's year to contend for the east..........thats been a dumpsterfire since the bama game. Not much to root for unfortunately.

20. stxrus

stxrus Friend of Leo's

May 25, 2007
    St. Croix, USVI
    I thought my Horns looked pretty good even if they lost. Tx v ou is a game that can go either way regardless of ranking

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.