Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Coffee, so what is your favorite brew??

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Shuster, Feb 6, 2019.

1. GuitarKid

GuitarKid Tele-Meister

Nov 29, 2013
    Here
    Where I live we drink coffee like the Gods, none of this dark piss you guys have in north america

Shuster likes this.
  2. CK Dexter Haven

CK Dexter Haven Friend of Leo's

Jun 7, 2017
    GCDB
    Use to buy this a lot, Target often had it on sale and w/ a coupon it was often $2 or less for the small can. Might grab a can the next time I need java.

OlRedNeckHippy and getbent like this.
  3. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Around
    It’s that heavenly coffee that money can buy. :)

4. Shuster

Shuster Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Oct 31, 2018
    South Texas
    Brother, I couldn't sleep last night because I still had the yips from 3 cups of the Death Wish, which was named correctlyo_O My wife told me she stashed a couple of bags of my regular brew in the cupboard. I'm going to have to gift the rest of this Nitro to my buddy that drinks off all day and see what he thinks!

5. Greggorios

Greggorios Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Jun 18, 2016
    Patterson, NY
    The Chock Full of Nuts theme song is indelibly etched in my mind. For those of us who go back that far remember that it played on radio and tv all of the time.

uriah1 likes this.
  6. Paul Jenkin

Paul Jenkin Friend of Leo's

Aug 17, 2017
    Essex, UK
    I'm more tea than coffee.

Unless you buy the right gear and use filtered water, it's barely worth the effort - so we tend to buy one of the better "instant" varieties.

The best coffee we ever had was on holiday in Costa Rica.

One thing I do know - I do not like the stuff they serve in Starbucks.

7. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

I knew a guy at Uni named Chuck Fuller. Of course he was called Chuck Fullernutz!

Digital Larry and Greggorios like this.
  8. flathd

flathd Friend of Leo's

Jan 29, 2008
    Twin Cities,MN
    Cameron's Arabic whole bean, handcrafted and roasted in Shakopee MN.

...or what ever's on sale.

Shuster and tlsmack like this.
  9. Greggorios

Jun 18, 2016
    Patterson, NY
    I think I know him...on a bad day we'd call him Chuck Fullershitz!

10. tlsmack

tlsmack Tele-Holic

Jan 20, 2007
    Lonk I-lant, New York
    I just did the vinegar flush of my Keurig. It did help. Still far from gourmet, but brought it back to drinkable. Better than most gas station coffee at least! I use the mesh "eco-pods" which I suppose have less environmental impact. Buying bulk keeps the price down.

I know the Keurig is to coffee what the George Foreman grill is to cooking, or Kenny G is to jazz. Not really praising the Keurig system, just admitting it is so fast, easy, clean, and keeps me out of Starbucks on the way to work.

11. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

Thread idear! What jazz is your java? Right now I'm on my third cup so I'm buzzing like...

12. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    try "Green Gunpowder" chinese green tea, its strong but really good, and another one is called "China Lichee Black tea" this stuff is fantastic. another to try is real "indian Chai tea " nothing beats the real stuff!

13. unixfish

unixfish Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 20, 2013
    Northeast Ohio, USA
    I like mine bold, dark, but not acidic or bitter. That is a tough line to balance.

Mosaic has an Italian roast K-cup we buy from GFS. French roast tends to be bitter, but the Italian roast balances that line nicely.

14. unixfish

unixfish Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 20, 2013
    Northeast Ohio, USA
    Oh! The Mosaic pods are the Mesh eco pods. We rarely use the full plastic ones.

15. Shuster

Oct 31, 2018
    South Texas
    Lets not leave out Cats A$$ Coffee, which is a real brew, better known in this movie,,,

16. bcorig

bcorig Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Mar 11, 2018
    Chino Hills CA
    Caffeinated Coffee serves me well.

Shuster likes this.
  17. Shuster

Oct 31, 2018
    South Texas
    Then you would love this Death Wish coffee, 5hour energy only wishes it had this kind of fire power!!

18. frankg11

frankg11 Tele-Meister

yes --however the cups are self contained, clean up is great, and I had one of my machines break and Nespresso called me to ask why I stopped ordering and told them the machine broke. They sent me a loaned, I shipped mine back, fixed for free (may have been under the 3 year warranty) and it's still going.

That's a great bit of service for a coffee machine. P.S. if you can get the cuban coffee pods (Drip or expresso) get them. they are great.

Greggorios likes this.
  19. Greggorios

Jun 18, 2016
    Patterson, NY
    I love it. When a business demonstrates that it really gets customer "service" they make me a customer for life. Thanks for the tip on the Cuban pods. Will definitely try them.

G

20. Tony474

Tony474 Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 16, 2007
    North Bushey, England.
    I looked at a US website (https://www.roastycoffee.com/french-press-coffee/) and a variety of these devices are available from Amazon.com. The Bodum one is a popular type in the UK and I can attest to its quality. There are several others. Happy brewing!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.