Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

COD BO4: T -9 hours

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by tele_pathic, Oct 11, 2018.

1. tele_pathic

tele_pathic Friend of Leo's

Aug 18, 2009
    St. George, UT
    The new Call of Duty Black Ops 4 drops in about 9 hours. Anyone else getting excited? I bought the Digital Deluxe package with the built in sub to DLC content b/c it looks like they won't be selling map packs separately.

I'm trying to get all my work done for today and tomorrow before this hits because I won't be getting chit done tomorrow!

fendertx likes this.

2. Nubs

Nubs Tele-Afflicted

Aug 16, 2014
    Houston, TX
    The last COD I played was the original Black Ops. Single player was decent but multiplayer was an absolute $#!tshow. Non-stop whining & cheating to the point I gave up on the series. Now I know most online games are this way, so it's really a matter of finding a game you like that isn't degraded by toxicity and cheats.

Hopefully BO4 turns it all around for the series. Let us know what you think of it. Have fun fellow gamer!

3. fendertx

fendertx Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 12, 2008
    Houston
    Hearing good things about this game!! I thought the last Black Op's was a let down(IMO).

I am trying to keep this out of my peripheral vision, I don't need another distraction :p
    I play way too much Destiny 2 and have already pre-purchased Red Dead Redemption 2.

but it looks tempting;)

4. Boubou

Boubou Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Jul 30, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    COD is so 2000
    Gave up several iterations ago.
    Got tired of scripted action, having to follow orders and other soldiers.
    Multiplayer, is useless unless you play 8 hours a day everyday.
    Looking forward to the the new DOOM in 2019.
    But hey if you like COD, enjoy it

5. Boubou

Boubou Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Jul 30, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    I just read the news
    Its mostly battle royale, the clip i saw looked exactly like Fortnite.
    And then they accuse Led Zep of plagiarism!
    Anyways, at least the graphics are not kiddy cartoons!

Enjoy

6. tele_pathic

tele_pathic Friend of Leo's

Aug 18, 2009
    St. George, UT
    Played for a loooonnnngggg time last night, I mean from 10:00 pm when it was available to 4:00 am. Felt like a kid again. Heck I even got up early and did some work work.

It's pretty good. I don't know if I like the "heal thyself" aspect, but it does make gunfights have a different feel. I just gotta remember to not rush into everything, which is my tendency, and one reason I don't like Battlefield (too slow). I played almost all the game modes: well, I played multiplayer TDM and DOM, and I played Blackout. That game mode: I did NOT like it. I don't like game modes that don't have instant respawn. So in BO if you die, then you're dead. And you don't spawn in with a gun, so you gotta hunt one up. I don't know. Some kid said it's like Fortnite, which I have never played, but I thought it was a lot like Battlefield: slow, plodding, choose your spots so you don't die. I'll play Blackout some more, but I was not immediately impressed.

Lack of campaign. I don't like that this doesn't have a campaign. No, let me rephrase that. I don't like that I had to pay full price and the developers didn't spend time on a campaign. Generally, I play through a campaign twice, maybe three times. Once on hardened, once on veteran (or what ever the hardest level is called), and once to find all the intel and ****. BUT there was highly detailed character play modes, and I did like that more than I thought I would. I'll definitely play through all 10 or 12 characters.

Overall, I like it.

7. fendertx

fendertx Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 12, 2008
    Houston
    I would miss the campaign as well. I would always play the campaign first, to better understand game play. Only then, I would play multiplayer modes.

Nubs likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.