Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

CME Gibson floor models

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by moosie, Dec 4, 2017.

1. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    Ah, she's so purty. I like the shading up on the ears.

2. red57strat

red57strat Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Oct 4, 2003
    Massachusetts
    The saddles that I bought have a similar base part number (3003) to the non-wire ABR1 saddles that Advance Music Products (the company that supplies Gibson with the bridge on these guitars- The parent company name- Advanced Plating- is on the underside of the bridge) makes. I believe they made these saddles as well.

Their catalog is available online and appears to contain all of the hardware on these guitars.

moosie likes this.

3. moosie

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    The ones that didn't fit are OEM Advanced Plating non-wire ABR, from a 2012 ES-335. Might be chrome not nickel plated? I can't tell the difference sometimes. But there's enough plating that some of the sharp edges are rounded, making the saddle a bit larger. It *almost* fit.

4. moosie

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    I just got a CME email, and they're advertising a bunch of Gibson Acoustic "floor models" now.

Makes me wonder if they're closing all but Nashville, and will focus on LPs, with the occasional semi. Just how bad are things, Henry?

It does make the 10k guitars number a bit more understandable, though. That seemed a high production number for just the Memphis plant.

5. deytookerjaabs

deytookerjaabs Friend of Leo's

Jun 5, 2015
    Nashville

A ****ING GAWSH DERN *****@#(%#*#@$&(#@(@%$&*&^%*&#$(!!!!!

Dear CME, hold off a couple months, for me, pretty please????

6. moosie

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    My thoughts exactly, coupled with "don't you guys make 58 VOS Les Pauls, too? I think I heard that you did... Give ya $1600. Cash." Or how bout a Super 400 staple top for $2500?

7. brogh

brogh Super Moderator Staff Member

Jun 26, 2010
    italy

You both need a J45 guys ;)

deytookerjaabs likes this.

8. moosie

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    I'm broke. :)

And what about you? Don't you need a 175? a 335? both? I'm sure CME will ship to Europe...

9. brogh

brogh Super Moderator Staff Member

Jun 26, 2010
    italy
    same here ... :D

naa not a 335 but i'd love a 175 59 historic 1 pickup and maybe something slim with p-90's .. obviously ... just in my dreams

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

yeah ... nice couple .. :D:lol:

moosie likes this.

10. moosie

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut

11. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

Sep 12, 2012
    Berwyn, Il
    Is Gibson having problems or are they just going through a transitional period?

12. moosie

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    Well, they seem to be 'transitioning' quite a bit lately. The problem is that the company is two-faced. It's a wonderful guitar manufacturer, building both current production models that hold with anything, and reissues that will knock your socks off. They've never been better, IMO.

At the same time, the organization is being run by a maniac. If they're truly having problems, as I suspect they are (why else would you risk ruining your brand by dumping a whole year's production at cost?), then it's largely self-inflicted. Henry wants the company to be something else (a lifestyle brand, whatever that means, embracing tech), and we just want to buy guitars. Good guitars, that we can save, stretch a bit, and finally actually afford.

13. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

Sep 12, 2012
    Berwyn, Il
    Interesting. Here's hoping he doesn't forget what the bread and butter is otherwise there'll be no brand to go with the lifestyle.

14. fjrabon

fjrabon Tele-Holic

Dec 22, 2010
    Atlanta
    Based on what they have on this Gibson acoustic sale so far this seems to be a real floor model sale. ie actually guitars that they really did have on the floor at CME. And the discounts aren’t nearly what they were for the Memphis factory sale.

15. LeicaBoss

LeicaBoss Tele-Meister

Oct 16, 2015
    New Jersey
    I had to send the first one back. But this one is really sweet. Sure, the nut isn't cut right, but whatever. It's pretty perfect otherwise.

[​IMG]

jonnyfez and moosie like this.

16. moosie

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    Great photo!

LeicaBoss likes this.

17. Joec

Joec NEW MEMBER!

Mar 3, 2018
    bellingham wa
    I just received a 2016 Memphis Gibson ES-175 figured sunburst from CME. They called it a Mint condition floor model. Priced too low to be true! I was a bit nervous but, it came extremely well packed and in a brand new case and inspect as I may, I could not find one scratch or flaw on the whole guitar, it was like new out of the factory with even the "mactac" protector still on the pick guard! I don't really think it had ever been played!
    It was prepped very nicely, not a smudge nor a finger print on it. Action and intonation set right.
    Came with a name card from the Techhie who inspected and prepped it! Communications pre and post sale with their staff was great.
    They check their e-mails and reply immediately.
    My first CME purchase but, it appears they really got their act together.
    Joe

18. johnnytuinals

johnnytuinals Tele-Meister

May 19, 2012
    pa
    I bought 2 ES guitars from CME
    New 2017 ES 335 figured in Natural
    New 2017 ES 330 1961 VOS natural with Bigsby.
    Prices could not be beatttt and maybe I will have time one of these days to play one of them lol.
    But they have a New List of Custom Shop guitars but I have too many that I don't play anyways to get another one........JT

19. fjrabon

fjrabon Tele-Holic

Dec 22, 2010
    Atlanta
    Yeah, the custom shop deals are good prices, but not on the same level of discount as the Memphis stuff was.

20. jonnyfez

jonnyfez Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Nov 14, 2003
    Kittery, Maine
    I picked this up in September from CME. ES-Les Paul Goldtop. Shocked and pleasantly surprised when they accepted my offer. And wow, what a guitar. Imagine a 54 goldtop that weighs 6 pounds. Honks and twangs in the middle and bridge positions. Huge and warm in the neck. This was pristine and clearly never saw a showroom. Very pleased!

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.