Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

CME Gibson floor models

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by moosie, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Rythameen

Rythameen Tele-Meister

Jun 24, 2017
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    image.jpeg Pulled the trigger on a 58 ES-335 VOS Reissue like this one, should be here by the weekend

Attached Files:

2. johnnytuinals

johnnytuinals Tele-Meister

May 19, 2012
    pa
    These are all NEW guitars and None are floor models.I bought a Billie Joe Armstrong ES137 a few months ago from ZZounds New for $1440 and it came with 3 BJA autographs{1 on the extra pick guard that came in the case and 2 on the COA}Never heard of a guitar being signed 3 times lol.
    Bought a New ES335 in Natural Figured for $1700 with a 10% off(wish I knew there were 15% off deals lol}The guitar is brand New and I love the New guitar smell and it came in its original Gibson box without the Gibson Warranty but with a CME warranty.Friday I ordered a New ES330 1961 VOS natural with Bigsby from CME for $1950 and should have it by Thursday or Friday.I told them not to ship it till after Christmas because I did not want the guitar sitting in a Cold UPS truck during the holiday.Myself I did not need the ES330 but I just got another credit card from Citibank with 0% interest for 21 months............JT

LPTyler likes this.

3. Billnchristy

Billnchristy Tele-Holic

Sep 21, 2017
    Georgia
    Yup, mine was even a 2017 build

4. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    It's the Memphis Beale St. factory closing. Not the way I'd run the business, but I'm not sad about it from this side of the fence.

Piggy Stu likes this.

5. fjrabon

fjrabon Tele-Holic

Dec 22, 2010
    Atlanta
    [​IMG] Well, pulled the trigger on more or less my dream new guitar. 335 block inlay figured top sunburst 60s neck.

Pretty hyped. Had been leaning vintage mid 60s, but after nearly getting burnt a few weeks ago with somebody trying to scam some Duncan antiquities as original pat #s, the ease and cost of this deal was too much to pass up.

This is the generic pic, like everybody else this is factory overstock so no pic of the actual guitar.

3-Chord-Genius, LPTyler and moosie like this.

6. red57strat

red57strat Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Oct 4, 2003
    Massachusetts
    Considering that the 330 replaced the 225, I'm not surprised. The 225 did not have a serial number back then (I have a '59 TD), only a factory order number (FON) inked inside the treble F hole and the model number in the bass F hole.

LPTyler likes this.

7. johnnytuinals

May 19, 2012
    pa
    Just got my 2017 Gibson ES330 1961 VOS Natural with Bigsby from CME.It came in a Gibson Box with its serial number on it.(was mailed from Gibson to CME on Dec 15th so the box says}Looks New too me,As you see its a really cool figured guitar.The Neck is not slim as the 60s you find on the SGs,Its a much thicker neck.Stays in tune but have not used the Bigsby.I also have not plugged it in as of yet.
    There is no tag under the F-hole and cannot find a serial number.(Serial number is only on the box and COA as of now}I can tell that this is not a returned guitar since it was shipped to CME on Dec 15th and comes with its original Gibson box with a CME Warranty(Not A Gibson Warranty}I got a ES335 3 weeks ago and I could tell that guitar was new.I am sure some got guitars that had problems and had to send them back.But I guess I am kinda lucky................JT
    [​IMG]
    IMG_1303[1].JPG
    File size:
    54 KB
    Views:

LPTyler and moosie like this.

8. johnnytuinals

May 19, 2012
    pa
    UPDATE
    I do see the Serial number in the pictures.
    Its looks like a Q for 2017

9. red57strat

red57strat Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Oct 4, 2003
    Massachusetts

10. jimmyv723

jimmyv723 Tele-Meister

Dec 28, 2017
    Western New York
    Picked up a 339 Studio for myself for Christmas from them with the 15% off coupon and was blown away. Been wanting an ES style for long time and when I saw the price after discount with free shipping too I jumped on it.

11. jimmyv723

jimmyv723 Tele-Meister

Dec 28, 2017
    Western New York
    Very nice... Was looking at that model as well but went with the 339 Studio since i already have a PRS SE Zach Myers.

12. fjrabon

fjrabon Tele-Holic

Dec 22, 2010
    Atlanta
    Mine just came today. I had VERY high expectations and it absolutely surpassed them. It’s just a jaw droppingly good guitar.

[​IMG]

13. mtown

mtown Tele-Meister

Jun 2, 2011
    Fenton, MO

LPTyler likes this.

14. Billnchristy

Billnchristy Tele-Holic

Sep 21, 2017
    Georgia

15. jimmyv723

jimmyv723 Tele-Meister

Dec 28, 2017
    Western New York
    Stunning. Wish i could have sprung for one of the higher up models but really enjoying the 339 Studio plus it comes with my favorite Gibson pickups the 57 Classics. i had a Les Paul Double Cut Standard back in the day that had those and always loved those pickups.

fjrabon likes this.

16. fjrabon

fjrabon Tele-Holic

Dec 22, 2010
    Atlanta
    Yeah, I have the 57 classics in my SG, love them.

I was a bit worried about the burstbuckers plus the titanium saddles being way too bright on mine. I’ve had burstbuckers in other guitars and they were a touch harsh.

However, Gibson Memphis absolutely nailed the cap/pot/pickup mix here. What I got is a guitar that is brilliant with the tone knob on either pickup all the way from 0-10.

Neck pickup, tone on 0, a bit of gain and you got woman tone, but still with definition. Lose the gain, keep the tone on 0 and you got Wes Montgomery.
    Put the tone on about 7 and you have a “normal” 335 neck tone. Full, Rich, powerful, defined. Put the tone on 10 and you have that Gretsch spank/twang/sparkle. And that’s just the neck.

With the bridge, on 0 you have a bass power beast. Kind of an Iommi tone with gain or without gain something like the bridge pickup on an L5.

Bridge pup tone on 5 with gain and you just have a powerhouse, Leslie west type tone. On 7 you have a “normal” 335 bridge. On 10 you ALMOST have a telecaster (kinda like a Tele with the tone rolled down to about 7, ala Vince Gill).

17. moosie

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    Yeah, I don't care for that combo on the 335 I just got. Person I gave it to loves it, though.

18. fjrabon

fjrabon Tele-Holic

Dec 22, 2010
    Atlanta
    I still may put some nickel plated brass saddles on the plain strings. Haven’t decided yet. I’ll probably experiment with my first string change.

19. moosie

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    Careful, they won't fit in the ABR. Differently sized, it seems. Grrr.

20. 3-Chord-Genius

3-Chord-Genius Friend of Leo's

Apr 3, 2015
    Winchester, VA
    That's friggin' HOT.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.