Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Club '52 Av Reissue

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by FredDairy, Mar 11, 2008.

1. teleswisster

teleswisster Tele-Meister

Hello Club 52,
    Mine is a 2008 I found at a local shop. It plays like butter.
    IMG_3641.JPG IMG_3637.JPG IMG_3639.JPG

2. nosuch

nosuch Friend of Leo's

Apr 4, 2008
    Cologne
    No wonder with strings so skinny that we can't see them. :D

teleswisster likes this.

3. nosuch

nosuch Friend of Leo's

Apr 4, 2008
    Cologne
    I did put bardens (JBE) in mine for a short period because I had them lying around and wanted noiseless. Soon switched back to the original pickups. I just love the OV neck pickup.
    FWIW I also liked the barden neck pickup – which sounds more like a mini humbucker IMHO but could not cope with the bridge. I may try a barden modern set somewhere down the road.

4. teleswisster

teleswisster Tele-Meister

Here's another pic with normal-size strings. The strat is a CP60s. IMG_3664.JPG

pondcaster likes this.

5. BobTheOwl

BobTheOwl TDPRI Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Sheffield UK
    Hi Folks

Im almost ready to join the club!

I've just ordered mine this morning. I'll post some pics when it arrives, it was out of stock so it should be end of next week before I get it.

Steve

teleswisster likes this.

6. RadioFM74

RadioFM74 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I happily join the club. Got mine last week in a very good trade – a Feb 2011 AVRI 52, lovely finish, part of the rare “’53” breed (i.e. old school AVRIs that have the wider dot spacing @ 12th fret). A bit on the heavy side (8lb 6oz) but despite initial misgivings this does not seem to bother me at all. Nice, chunky neck (.90’’ at 1st, .95’’ at 12th). Previous user had done the wiring mod, and installed the “vintage six-saddles" which I promptly swapped back with the 3-saddles.

When I first set her up (≈ Fender specs) she was hard to play. The second set-up, approximating the set-up of my beloved Baja 60s, worked the charm.

I am in love, and very intrigued by the personal voice of this tele … slightly less bright and more mid-heavy than the other teles I’ve played. Testing and playing days ahead :)

DSCF6196.jpg IMG_4159.jpg IMG_4180.jpg IMG_4163.jpg IMG_4147.jpg IMG_4151.jpg IMG_4173.jpg

PixMix, Piggy Stu and Brian Krashpad like this.

7. heffus

heffus Tele-Meister

Apr 20, 2014
    cHICAGO
    Roasted maple! Cool.

RadioFM74 likes this.

8. heffus

heffus Tele-Meister

Apr 20, 2014
    cHICAGO

9. PixMix

PixMix Tele-Holic

Aug 30, 2008
    MI
    Might be joining the club with a pumpkincaster soon. More on a few days.

10. galihwawa

galihwawa TDPRI Member

Feb 8, 2018
    Indonesia
    May i join?

I've got 2006 Avri '52

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 03.00.35.png Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 03.00.17.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 03.00.56.png

RadioFM74, nosuch, PixMix and 3 others like this.

11. FredDairy

FredDairy Friend of Leo's

Mar 25, 2007
    Chicagoland
    Wow I started this thread 10 years ago?!?!

I'm back in the club with two 2017s. One with sharp edges, the other with rounded.
    IMG_0777.jpg

Alex W, PixMix, RadioFM74 and 2 others like this.

12. Slim Chance

Slim Chance Tele-Holic

Mar 1, 2011
    Beltway, USA
    Fred, can you please describe the tonal variations between the two guitars due to body edge shape?

13. FredDairy

FredDairy Friend of Leo's

Mar 25, 2007
    Chicagoland
    Zero.

The one with the more rounded edges isn't as perfectly rounded all around like a MIJ or Warmoth. Infact it looks like it was sanded at 5pm on a Friday.

On a plus the fretboard didn't receive the rolled edges as extremely as the earlier 2012/2013 models. So it's actually the best feeling but worst looking RI I've owned.

I will add that the edge radius varied a lot on the original blackguards so in someways it's authentic.

I always preferred the more squared off edges of the recent reissues, but even those are almost too square up around the upper horn where the pickguard goes.

14. PixMix

PixMix Tele-Holic

Aug 30, 2008
    MI
    I was really looking for a Road Worn tele, but this came along with at about that price. It's a March 2012 (neck stamp). It has some finish wear around the edges and not the prettiest grain on top, but it sounds and feels absolutely amazing. I'm super happy.

[​IMG]

RadioFM74, TheYeti and Keymaster13 like this.

15. nosuch

nosuch Friend of Leo's

Apr 4, 2008
    Cologne

16. galihwawa

galihwawa TDPRI Member

Feb 8, 2018
    Indonesia
    yes, I'll never use headstock tuner again :(

17. TeleBrew

TeleBrew Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 5, 2007
    Evergreen, Colorado
    I'll be rejoining the club in a few days. I bought a 1997 lefty in black (never seen a black one in lefty before) from the original owner and it's on its way. He had a Gibson mini humbucker installed at the Corona factory right after he bought it. Pics to follow!

PixMix likes this.

18. RadioFM74

RadioFM74 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

We all really look forward to seeing your black lefty! Do post pics when it arrives!

TeleBrew likes this.

19. TeleBrew

Apr 5, 2007
    Evergreen, Colorado

20. TeleBrew

Apr 5, 2007
    Evergreen, Colorado
    Oops, the pics didn't load.

IMG_20180222_164953438.jpg

RadioFM74 likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.