Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Club '52 Av Reissue

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by FredDairy, Mar 11, 2008.

1. SkipParis

SkipParis Tele-Meister

Just added a new second one 2014 upper right
    [​IMG]

2. TeleTex82

TeleTex82 Friend of Leo's

May 4, 2010
    San Antone
    Has anybody switched pups on their '12 or later 52? If so for what?

3. Jaghetervincent

Jaghetervincent TDPRI Member

Sep 23, 2015
    copenhagen
    Killer looking tele!

4. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Friend of Leo's

Jan 1, 2014
    UK
    I'm in:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2015 - just had the neck off!

5. jz63

jz63 Tele-Holic

Aug 8, 2003
    London U.K.
    is 8bs a crazy weight for a 2006 AVRI 52?

6. nosuch

nosuch Friend of Leo's

Apr 4, 2008
    Cologne
    I think it's average. Lighter is the rave, but if a tele's body is too light it will become neck heavy which translates to less comfort. Also it is up to personal taste if a lighter guitar sounds better. Out of my four teles my AV is the heaviest, best balanced and best sounding. In my opinion 8 lbs is not heavy by any means.

jz63 likes this.

7. Keymaster13

Keymaster13 Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Jun 4, 2016
    Austin, TX
    Hello All!! Just joined the club a few weeks ago. I am a bit curious, what strings do y'all prefer on your AV52? I just put new D'Addarrio NYXL 10-52s on mine, while they sound nice, they feel like they have too much tension and require some extra work to play (not necessarily a bad thing). Just curious what everyone here uses. If wrong forum, I can post elsewhere, just figured I would ask others with the same guit thought.

I recently put a set of NYXL 9-46s on my Elite Tele and I really like them, which is why I put this set on the AV52, maybe I should try the 10-46? Any other suggestions are welcome!

Posted a couple pics as well, took her apart the other night when I was changing strings.

Edit - Realize that strings are a lot about personal preference, just wondering if others had a similar experience. Thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017

8. Keymaster13

Jun 4, 2016
    Austin, TX
    As a follow-up to my previous post, does anyone understand what all the markings are on the neck/neck pocket of my guitar? Aside from the date it seems like a lot of markings on here.

Attached Files:

9. Broadmoor74

Broadmoor74 Tele-Meister

Sep 6, 2014
    Louisiana
    IMG_1035.JPG IMG_1033.JPG
    Updated with Rose Freedom T90 pickups.

TeleBrew likes this.

10. mimmo

mimmo Friend of Leo's

Mar 18, 2010
    Paris France - Rome Italy
    I am in. My PV 52 is actually my only electric and while I look every day for another tele, I don't really feel the need of another one: she can do everything!
    She is from the very first batch

Attached Files:

11. Southpole

Southpole Tele-Holic

Apr 10, 2014
    WellingtonNZ
    Who can resist them? Took me many years and a milestone birthday to finally land one. 52 HR version, no idea what year but circa 2008 I think. For some reason I don't like taking necks off guitars.
    IMG_0661.JPG

Keymaster13 likes this.

12. TheYeti

TheYeti TDPRI Member

Jan 23, 2016
    South Carolina
    Well, I guess dreams can come true. I finally got my 52 reissue telecaster on monday. It's from 2004, and still has all of the case candy and COA. Plastic film still on the case latches and logo. Traded a MIM strat and tele for it. Clearly it was rarely played as it has only a few light surface scratches on the back.

1488555148281.jpg 1488555193931.jpg

13. atkinsg

atkinsg TDPRI Member

Jan 18, 2008
    ottawa
    Just traded my lp Traditional in at L&M

For this 52 AVR
    Loving it

IMG_3205.JPG

Keymaster13, tonyj and TheYeti like this.

14. blotchard

blotchard Tele-Meister

Nov 22, 2012
    Sudbury
    I've had a new to me AVRI for a couple of weeks now, loving it!

IMG_1791.JPG

Keymaster13, Southpole and TheYeti like this.

15. Keymaster13

Jun 4, 2016
    Austin, TX
    I know that this has been said on other posts, but you should email Fender your serial number, they will get back to you with all the details on your HR. No neck popping required.

consumerrelations@fender.com

Nice HR BTW, I have one from 2008 on the way now!

16. Southpole

Southpole Tele-Holic

Apr 10, 2014
    WellingtonNZ
    Thanks, I will do that. I saw an earlier post where someone with serial number 71XXX has a 2011 manufacture date. Mine is 77XXX so it's likely to be 2012 at a guess.

17. Keymaster13

Jun 4, 2016
    Austin, TX
    Yeah I think that is probably close. Mine is 63XXX and 2008.

If you hop over to the hot rod owners page you can see my last post as far as the details provided by Fender...pretty cool info actually.

18. tonyj

tonyj Tele-Afflicted

May 23, 2011
    Alberta, Canada
    A very recent find that I am delighted to have added to my tele collection. It's a 1982 '52 Vintage Reissue which constitutes one of the very first Reissues ever produced by Fender. This one which came towards the end of the CBS era, was in itself a very fine guitar, but sadly also became part of the 'too little too late' years that spelled the end of the CBS owned Fender Musical Instrument Company in 1985. These '52 RI guitars were first made available in 1982, and were shortly followed by '57 RI and '62 RI Strats. These guitars were considered to be amongst the finest guitars that Fender had made in over twenty years. Even then the purists found 'inconsistencies' in 12th fret marker spacings, neck profiles etc., etc.. CBS had run its course, allowing former Fender operatives to reclaim partial ownership.

Serial Number 1715 (below). Guitar weighs 8lb 4oz. It now joins my 2013 '52 AVRI. Both exceptional guitars.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
    PixMix and Keymaster13 like this.

19. BadTranslate

BadTranslate Tele-Meister

Aug 13, 2006
    pdx
    Here is a Fender AVRI 52 that was on our local Craigslist about 6-9 months ago. The guitar had been in it's case and gone through a HOUSE FIRE. Bummer!

The guitar sold 2 times locally. The original seller was trying to sell it as a relic. It just looks burned and terrible to me.

The original seller had it priced at $500 or $600 and then someone bought it and put it up for sale again a short time later for $800. I saved these pictures to share. I nicknamed it the "Housefire Special". ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    tonyj likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.