Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Club '52 Av Reissue

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by FredDairy, Mar 11, 2008.

1. tap4154

tap4154 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Apr 14, 2009
    Southern California
    You may want to make this a new thread in the Telecaster section with a subject line like "1997 Copper '52RI Tele Bridge, Case & Candy Found!

Not far-fetched that the owner is a member here, and would LOVE to get those.

2. Ezee

Ezee TDPRI Member

Sep 9, 2010
    PE

3. Vermoulian

Vermoulian TDPRI Member

May 18, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Last spring, I found this '52 reissue, and it was the Tele that I had been looking for for a long time. It's been years since I played a guitar and knew, as firmly as I did with this one, that it was a keeper.

[​IMG]

4. Brian Krashpad

Brian Krashpad Tele-Afflicted

Jan 25, 2007
    GNV FLA USA
    Congrats. Noyce T-40 the bassiste has too.

So I have dead ringers of two of the guitars in that photo.

:D

5. rebelwoclue

rebelwoclue Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Jan 15, 2012
    kentucky
    I just scored a 2000, '52 AVRI Copper-caster! Will shoot pics when it gets here! Can't wait!

6. rebelwoclue

Jan 15, 2012
    kentucky

7. LGOberean

LGOberean Poster Extraordinaire

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Congrats, Randy. What a great pic of a nice rig. :D

8. rebelwoclue

Jan 15, 2012
    kentucky
    Thanks Larry!
    I got the little Blues jr. on a CL deal the other day too- couldn't pass it up!
    Great combo!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013

9. tce63

tce63 Tele-Holic

Jan 18, 2013
    Sweden
    Have mine AVri52 2013 for almost 3 weeks, play it a few hours every day, what a guitar.... (7.2 lbs)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013

10. Joombi

Joombi TDPRI Member

Nov 27, 2010
    FNQ, Australia
    Looks like I'm in..... 1994 model, very light & very nice to play

[​IMG]

11. BadTranslate

BadTranslate Tele-Meister

Aug 13, 2006
    pdx
    I might be joining this club in a couple hours. A guy is coming over with his stock '52 to trade for my Gibson. We'll see...

12. BadTranslate

BadTranslate Tele-Meister

Aug 13, 2006
    pdx
    Nice looking guitars everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've joined. I only have $75 American currency invested into this guitar. :eek: I traded my stock and pretty much mint Gibson SG Classic with TKL hardcase straight across for this AVRI '52 w/ G&G hardshell tweed Fender case. I don't regret letting go of the SG for one second! :D

The guy who traded me the '52 RI bought it as Guitar Center a year ago. He was making monthly payments on it until just last week when he finally had paid everything off. He said he valued the guitar at $900. I figure maybe he paid $900 for it used :confused: He had another Telecaster (American Standard) and said the '52 (or just Telecasters in general?) wasn't good for slide. That's why he wanted to trade for my SG. He said he could just put a set of the '52 RI pickups in his American Standard and be happy. He called me on the phone after we traded and asked if I liked the guitar. YES!! :D He said he liked the SG and that it sounded good. :cool: He also wanted to let me know that the original wiring had been converted to the modern bridge/bridge + neck/neck configuration. Nice guy! ;) There are still good people in the world.

Here's how I only have $75 into this guitar:

1. Trade $50 mountain bike from Goodwill for Boss TU-2 pedal
    2. Musicians Friend selling Boss SD-1 for half off. Buy one for $25.
    3. Put about 15 or so of my pedals on Craigslist asking for trade for Epiphone SG
    4. Guy replies he has Epiphone SG G-400 and wants to trade for my SD-1 and TU-2.
    5. Trade pedals for Epiphone G-400. (Guy throws in a Vox AC4TV amp he doesn't want! :))
    6. Trade Epiphone G-400 for Fender Modern Player Jaguar.
    7. Trade Fender MP Jaguar & Vox AC4TV for 1990's Fender Blues Deluxe USA
    8. Trade Blues Deluxe for Gibson SG Classic with case.
    9. Trade SG Classic for Fender '52 American Vintage Reissue Telecaster!

It took a whole year to make all those trades. I didn't mail any of those people seeking trades. All of them contacted me wanting to trade by the way. Just happenstance and luck of the draw. You never know when putting an ad up on Craigslist what type of reply you'll get. That's what's fun about trading. You get to try out a lot of new things you would not normally otherwise own or afford to own. I owned a Epiphone 1958 Flying V for about 2 weeks last year because someone offered it in a trade. It was not a guitar I'd ever buy or even look at. Traded it to some 50-year-old local rocker who was a metalhead from the '80s and loved Randy Rhoades for a recent mint MIM Stratocaster.

The '52 is SUPER NICE! Don't know the year. A few chips to the body but it's a used guitar so no big deal. It's a '52 Reissue which is the important part. The guy I traded was very proud of the pickups. They do sound spectacular, he was right. Really, really nice guitar. Go get one!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. jkrischan

jkrischan Tele-Afflicted

Nov 26, 2011
    Buffalo NY
    I think you got a good deal !

14. hogwylde

hogwylde TDPRI Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Texas
    And another

Just got mine yesterday. Wish I would have kept my '83 Fullerton '57 Strat.

Attached Files:

• 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      File size:
      44.3 KB
      Views:

15. dean

dean Friend of Leo's

Got my third one today (sold the other two) - this one will probably stay around for awhile. Some cosmetic issues, but a great player. Good to be back!

16. Chris H.

Chris H. Tele-Afflicted

Jan 2, 2010
    UK
    This is my AVRI 52, found for £300 in a pawn shop in Weeki Wachee, Florida:

[​IMG]

17. tonyj

tonyj Tele-Afflicted

May 23, 2011
    Alberta, Canada
    At last I can hopefully join this illustrious owners club. Acquired my AV '52 Ri almost a week ago in a trade. Just love it.

It was made in Oct 2013 and probably sold here in Canada early this year.

[​IMG]

18. Broadmoor74

Broadmoor74 Tele-Meister

Sep 6, 2014
    Louisiana
    you aren't the only lefty 52RI guy around! I just joined the site and mine's in the shop right now. But i'll show mine as soon as I can.

TeleBrew likes this.

19. Broadmoor74

Broadmoor74 Tele-Meister

Sep 6, 2014
    Louisiana

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.