Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Clips with the new team.

Discussion in 'Worship Service Players' started by Ascension, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Ascension

Ascension Tele-Holic

Dec 3, 2012
    Birmingham Alabama
    First clips I have uploaded with the new Church team. Really cool little place with a great family atmosphere and for the 1st time in a few years am really getting something out of the message. Worship is a work in progress but we getting better. Running my old Subway Rocket with a little Verb ( Digitec Polara) and Delay (Boss DD-7) in the loop but otherwise just straight guitar and amp. Here I'm using my stock 2002 Carvin DC 400.

Airguitar, stlramman and Smokin OP like this.

2. JohnnyDev

JohnnyDev TDPRI Member

Ascension - thank you

That was NICE - on so many levels

Lovely-looking, smallish but multigenerational congregation

Never heard any of those songs before, but I took to them straight away

Non-flashy praise band which brought the songs in a simple, worshipful manner - standard of singing & musicianship was great (including of course your good self, sir )

If I were you (which of course I’m not), I’d be hanging on to my spot in that group for dear life ...

Didn’t get to attend church yesterday myself, but now I’ve been ministered to ...

Thanks once again

Ascension likes this.

3. preactor

preactor Tele-Meister

Nov 27, 2009
    gainesville, ga
    Great Job! Done a few of these songs in church also.

Ascension likes this.

4. Darrell D

Darrell D TDPRI Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Canton, GA
    I particularly enjoyed Chainbreaker. Getting good sound in a little venue like that is difficult and the recording sounded pretty darn good!

Ascension likes this.

5. Ascension

Ascension Tele-Holic

Dec 3, 2012
    Birmingham Alabama
    Thanks guys for the comments. This is a little different atmosphere than where I have been in the past so has taken a little adjustment on my part. I'm really digging the atmosphere here though just overall a really special little place.Over the years gone from playing a full on 100 watt stack in front of 3000 + rowdy worshipers bouncing off the walls every Sunday at a big mega Church to playing Black Gospel in places where the worship made the Tent Revival scene in Blues Brother 2 look tame! This place is a lot smaller and a little more mellow than what I am used to but has a really nice laid back close church family vibe I am really liking.

6. Darrell D

Darrell D TDPRI Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Canton, GA
    I've had the honor of playing a couple of times in a little black church... I dunno, maybe 100 worshippers. Fantastic experience all around and the food before the service was the best!
    While I've never played for 3,000... really we are all playing for the same One!

Ascension likes this.

7. christhee68

christhee68 Friend of Leo's

Aug 1, 2011
    south carolina
    I really like "By His Wounds." I like the tasteful piano in yours. Ours was usually just bass/guitar/drums. Sometimes we had piano, but let's just say it wasn't as subtle and low-key as yours.

Ascension likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.