Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Classic Vibe Tele owners club.

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Mark Davis, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Tony474

Tony474 Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 16, 2007
    North Bushey, England.
    Some nice grain on that one – most attractive.

2. revellfa

revellfa TDPRI Member

Jun 29, 2017
    Lavale, Md.
    Which brand of strings do most folks like on these?

3. Tony474

Apr 16, 2007
    North Bushey, England.
    I've been using Ernie Ball for 46 years, their Stainless ones for thirty or so and tried their M-Steels last year with very highly satisfactory results. At present I'm giving Elixir Nanoweb strings a trial on a few guitars; current impressions are favourable. I use gauges 9–42 on all electric guitars.

rockabilly46 and jannodude like this.
  4. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Jan 22, 2007
    Mid-Michigan
    It's does look pretty nice. Put 10s on it tonight & tweaked truss rod again slightly. Action is maybe a tiny hair high but I kinda like Teles that way so will likely leave the saddles & nut alone.
    I'm talking splitting hairs to improve it anyway. I adjusted the bridge pup height just a smidgen from my first go to add a touch of bass. Might adjust the neck pup height when I change the pickguard to something not so thick...maybe.

It is a really nice sounding guitar & I've had nothing but nice Teles. I like the stock tone way more than the CVC I got a few years ago.

5. YOSTINATOR

YOSTINATOR Tele-Meister

Oct 28, 2016
    Utah
  6. Texas_tele2015

Texas_tele2015 Tele-Meister

Dec 17, 2014
    Mesquite, TX
    Love those CVs. Almost picked up that same one awhile back. The weight on those is awesome and sound great.

7. Airguitar

Airguitar Tele-Meister

Dec 21, 2010
    Benoni, South Africa
    IMG_3401.jpg Paisley-ed....
    You won't believe how much better is sounds with paisleys on it... :D

Jsil13 and Texas_tele2015 like this.
  8. rotsap

rotsap TDPRI Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Canada
    Classic Vibe Telecaster: s/n CGS1012813

20160803_072914.jpg my tele classic vibe.jpg

9. Texas_tele2015

Dec 17, 2014
    Mesquite, TX
    Gave my CV 50s BSB the Albert Collins conversion 1506958614438.jpg

P-U-L-S-E, teletimetx and jsp737 like this.
  10. P-U-L-S-E

P-U-L-S-E TDPRI Member

Sep 28, 2017
    northern Italy
    Hello!! ....nothin'special...but this one is my beloved C.V. 50's I've fit Elixir 0,9-0,46

IMG_5536.JPG

irie likes this.
  11. jsp737

jsp737 Tele-Meister

May 25, 2016
    Hood River, OR
    Hey Texas, which humbucker did you throw in there? Did you stay with the stock pots? Still have the stock bridge PU in there?
    I've been contemplating don't this to my CV as well.
    Thanks!

12. Texas_tele2015

Dec 17, 2014
    Mesquite, TX
    I actually had an epiphone humbucker from an old Les Paul that I stuck in there the pots and switch were the originals however even though it sounded great I converted it over to an Esquire and wired me up a couple of CTS pots and a Fender 3-way switch wired up with the modified Eldred wiring. What's on a week's vacation down south Texas and came across a couple of other pawn shop prizes 1508192387262.jpg hey Squier Affinity Telecaster which I left primarily stock for now only thing I've done is put amp knobs on the tone and volume and swapped out some of the tuners which were broken. And swapped out the white pickguard for a black 5 screw 1 ply guard

P-U-L-S-E and jsp737 like this.
  13. raysachs

raysachs Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

May 21, 2017
    Near Philly
    Just got this Vintage Blonde to add a tele to my main strat. I'm really impressed with this guitar and overwhelmingly so for the cost. May eventually put compensated saddles or a 6-saddle bridge on it - intonation is a real challenge on the 5th and 6th strings. But otherwise, it's great.

Serial # is CGS1623246

A couple of pics:

[​IMG]CV Tele-3 by Ray, on Flickr

[​IMG]CV Tele-2 by Ray, on Flickr

-Ray

horax, irie, Jerry_Mountains and 2 others like this.
  14. Jerry_Mountains

Jerry_Mountains TDPRI Member

May 10, 2014
    Monterrey
    Hi guys! I´ve been out of the club for quite a bit, I was Telecasterless for a while, but Im back with a double bounded beauty that I scored for merely $200 ;)

DSC08303.jpg

I'm diggin' the rosewood board more than the maple of my former tele, also the neck shape is fantastic very well suited for my girlish hands haha

Attached Files:

irie, raysachs and Tony474 like this.
  15. Tony474

Apr 16, 2007
    North Bushey, England.
    I don't own a CVC like yours, but a CV50 in VB among many other guitars. But you know what? It wouldn't surprise me a bit if I found I liked the CVC better than my double-bound Fender American Vintage '62 Custom Reissue, with which for various reasons I've never quite bonded in the ten-and-a-half years I've owned it.

16. Erik1027

Erik1027 TDPRI Member

Dec 19, 2016
    Libertyville, Illinois
    CVC with Duncan'59's 1509581055583.jpg

irie and Jsil13 like this.
  17. stealth71

stealth71 NEW MEMBER!

Dec 14, 2017
    Missoula, MT
    Hey all. I'm new to the forums, however I've been doing a lot of learning the last few weeks by reading about Telecasters in general, and the Classic Vibe in particular. Thanks to all of you, I ordered a 50's CV last night in Butterscotch Blonde. Its going to be a rough couple of days waiting for it to be delivered, but I'll post pics when it arrives. Are we still keeping track of serial numbers?

18. stealth71

stealth71 NEW MEMBER!

Dec 14, 2017
    Missoula, MT
    The new BSB Tele arrived today from MF. The big brown truck even managed to get it to me a day early. Arrived in great shape. I've gone over it several times and can't find anything wrong or out of place. Needed tuning but that's to be expected after spending the last few days in warehouses and trucks. Thanks to all of you who sold me on this guitar.

Tony474 likes this.
  19. BadTranslate

BadTranslate Tele-Meister

Aug 13, 2006
    pdx
    Squier Classic Vibe sighting! :)

ButterScotchPH and Tony474 like this.
  20. revellfa

revellfa TDPRI Member

Jun 29, 2017
    Lavale, Md.
    Ya gotta love that--not only a Squier in that video but also an Epiphone. They didn't spend more than $500 on instruments for that video and what great music!

ButterScotchPH likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.