Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Classic Vibe Tele owners club.

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Mark Davis, Jul 18, 2008.

1. YOSTINATOR

YOSTINATOR Tele-Meister

Oct 28, 2016
    Utah
    I am quite new to Teles and by no means an expert on them. My CV Tele is my 1st Tele, but from all of the research I did prior to buying it, the common theme was that the CV Teles actually feel and sound more like a vintage Tele than most other current models

2. teleplayer66

teleplayer66 Tele-Meister

I was just being a little sarcastic in hopefully a funny way about Leo, Buddy, Bill and the Telecaster.

I have seen a huge amount of change over the years.

I was 22 when I left for Vietnam and I got home when I was 25. Just glad to be alive and able to pick my Strat and Tele back up again and get real serious about trying to be the best I could be at it.

In light of the original topic the CV telecasters, as good as my original 59 Tele was as an excellent playing one and all the history I had with it, My CV BSB bonded with me like no other electric guitar has ever done. Crazy as that may sound to some guys out there, to me it doesn't matter where it was made, who made it, how it was made. I'm just really glad my path crossed with it even this late in life.

Even at this age in life I still can't wait to pick it back up again right now. When I am playing that guitar I don't even sometimes realize I'm actually holding a guitar so to speak. It's just an extension of the music I feel inside my soul. A vessel to let that spirit out.

So as for CV guitars If they are all like mine then go out and get one for those who don't have one and maybe you will find that nirvana like I did.

Route67 likes this.

3. teleplayer66

Yost... my 59 had a 7.25 radius board which is quite different than the 9.5 inch one on the CV'S. BUT other than that it feels very much the same. The pickups in my CV sound very similar to my 59.

But something I can't quite explain in words makes my CV create a bond and MOJO I don't get from the 59.

Chicago Matt and YOSTINATOR like this.

4. YOSTINATOR

YOSTINATOR Tele-Meister

Oct 28, 2016
    Utah
    Mine has the Mojo too! It just resonates so well and plays awesome

teleplayer66 likes this.

5. teleplayer66

Oh hell yes ! Mine resonates incredible from rear strap peg to the tip of the headstock. Amazing for a bolt on neck vs a glued in mortise and tenon hide glue neck. I guess Leo knew something Les Paul didn't. A very tight neck to body pocket and fit can be as good as any glued in one and less expensive to produce and faster production time.

YOSTINATOR and Route67 like this.

6. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Englewood, CO
    As long as the playability is there for $200 you couldn't go wrong. Many of the defects are cosmetic and have no impact at all on playability or it may be a minor wiring issue that a few minutes with a soldering iron takes care of.

Fender is importing them by the thousands and they go straight to the dealers and then pretty much straight to the buyer. Refurbs are usually returns neither dealers or Fender have the capacity to deal with so they're sold off to others to repair and sell.

You got a great deal!

7. Jsil13

Jsil13 Tele-Holic

Feb 14, 2017
    Boston, MA
    Just picked this up a few days ago as a project guitar. Honestly it sounds pretty great already. I'm loving the Firebird neck pickup. It came with it on there and I'll probably be keeping it. I already have new pots, crl switch, switchcraft jack, electrosocket, wilkinson compensated brass saddles leftover from my Baja (though I might keep the threaded steel ones. So twangy), and a 62 bridge pickup. I am changing the neck however. It's way too skinny and I want a maple neck on it I'm eyeing either a 50s Baja, lacquer 50s, allparts 50s, or one of the Fender replacement 50s. 20170218_103610.jpg 20170218_103629.jpg 20170218_103649.jpg 20170218_104057.jpg

8. teleplayer66

I added a cream vintage pickguard... Any opinions ? Good ? Bad ? Just ok ? I thought it might make it a little less ordinary. TQ w Cream.jpg

9. Route67

Route67 Tele-Meister

Jan 14, 2017
    Canada

10. Tony474

Tony474 Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Apr 16, 2007
    North Bushey, England.
    Yeah, that works.

YOSTINATOR and LAGinz like this.

11. YOSTINATOR

YOSTINATOR Tele-Meister

Oct 28, 2016
    Utah

12. youkron

youkron TDPRI Member

Jan 14, 2013
    I have one that had that. There is a company in Nashville that does refurbishing that puts them on. They also "bite" out the last few numbers of the serial number under that sticker. Like mine yours should also have used stamped into the poly on the back of the head stock. Just means it's been redone for some thing.

13. Mr Scallywag

Mr Scallywag Tele-Holic

Apr 15, 2016
    Australia
    I'm out. Sold my CVC at the weekend. I got a bargain Japanese tele, almost identical to the one I regretted selling last year. I spent a lot of time rotating my teles in a final test to make sure I wasn't doing the wrong thing. Finally I figured if I get a hankering for another CV they are easier to pick up.

14. Jsil13

Jsil13 Tele-Holic

Feb 14, 2017
    Boston, MA
    I got a pretty good deal on a neck from a Classic 50s tele the other day and got it installed. I also got a 62 custom bridge pickup and a new wiring harness with cts pots, a crl switch, switchcraft jack, and electrosocket. Just got it all soldered in. The neck is beautiful. I couldn't deal with how skinny the original was and I'm loving this one. Just waiting on my new pickguard and I'll be ready to get it all set up. Now it's kind of a 62 Hot Rod Custom.

20170223_153131.jpg 20170223_153943.jpg 20170223_160856.jpg 20170223_161057.jpg

Route67 likes this.

15. Route67

Route67 Tele-Meister

Jan 14, 2017
    Canada
    Wow! That's awesome. The stock CVC neck with pups didn't work out for some folks, but now you have it definitely hot rodded. Way to go

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    Jsil13 likes this.

16. Jsil13

Jsil13 Tele-Holic

Feb 14, 2017
    Boston, MA
    Thanks man. My band plays a lot and I wanted a back up to my main tele, and my SG and Gibson V don't quite sound the same. Haha. So this is kind of the same but different. I'm excited to get it up and running. I played a show with it the day I got it and the stock bridge sounded pretty good. It came with the firebird neck and that sounded surprisingly great. The only left to upgrade are some Rutters compensated saddles and possibly a Mastery string tree so it matches my Baja.

Route67 likes this.

17. JustABluesGuy

JustABluesGuy Friend of Leo's

Sep 2, 2016
    Houston, TX

18. YOSTINATOR

YOSTINATOR Tele-Meister

Oct 28, 2016
    Utah
    I now have a VB to go with my BB!

CGS1618053

20170304_084201.jpg 20170304_084232.jpg

irie and igor5 like this.

19. Jsil13

Jsil13 Tele-Holic

Feb 14, 2017
    Boston, MA
    Here's my formerly Classic Vibe. Only the body and bridge are stock now. I love this thing.

20170308_144555.jpg 20170308_144608.jpg 20170308_144636.jpg

horax and irie like this.

20. Tony474

Tony474 Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Apr 16, 2007
    North Bushey, England.
    bzrkrage and Jsil13 like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.