Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Classic vibe custom

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by scottchris, Aug 29, 2013.

1. rze99

rze99 Friend of Leo's

Feb 26, 2014
    South London UK

I thought I'd do this but I haven't found the need. Once I'd got the new stings on set up and tightened all the screws and tweaked my usual tweaks it's been great. The only thing for me is that the volume control is just a tad stiff. But I can live with it I'm doing swells or anything too technical mostly its wide open anyways.
    That neck is a real cracker. Really it's top notch.

2. Larry K. Williams

Larry K. Williams Tele-Meister

Mar 17, 2003
    Athens, GA
    I fixed that very easily. A shot of contact cleaner - rotate the knob from one extreme to the other, back and forth, quickly - two or three times of this procedure and now it rotates as easily as a PRS control does. Just a little touch from the pinky and it moves well.

3. rze99

rze99 Friend of Leo's

Feb 26, 2014
    South London UK

Thanks yes no doubt will fix. I Must admit my contact cleaner ran out ages ago and I've just not gone out and got a replacement! I'll get some delivered from Amazon. Cheers.

4. Dj_airam

Dj_airam NEW MEMBER!

Jan 4, 2014
    Caracas-Venezuela
    Hello! I always read tdpri but I have never write anything here, so it is my frist time. I am mainly a drumer who got late in to the guitar world, I've been playing guitar for 5 years now and over these years I have been through some diferent guitars and gear.... so and I wanted to put my share on the squier CVC telecaster. First of all and what is obvios in this thread is that the quallity of these guitar is quite good, not just for its price, but beacause they are really well made period!, the neck is a little thin though, not a problem for me, I also have a Squier 51 that haves chunkier neck, but still the thinner neck of the CVC is not a problem for me, besides is not lot more thinner than the 51 one. The other issue that I read here are the pickups been weak, i'm not agree with this, they are low output in the, but that dosent mean week, so far my experience is that it depents on the amp that you are runing the guitar through, and your stile of playing, they migth not bee for every body, but I like them a lot, I have two amps, a blackstar HT1R and a Vox Pathfinde 15r, on the blackstar it sounds good, but since is and amp to play more with compressed distortion styles at the end if you like that kind of sounds you might need to have hotter pickups in your CVC, but through the Vox Pathfinder sounds amazing!!!(to my ears at least) you can heard all of the twang, punch and shinig colors of every sting, you just have to tweak a littles the volume and the gain and it sound powerfull ether in clean, crunch or distoted! but again, at the end I thing the pickups on the squier CVC tele are not for every body, but i wouldn't call them weak.

Sorry if I write any typos! english is my second language hehe :S

5. cboutilier

cboutilier Tele-Afflicted

Oct 28, 2015
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    My CVC is my #1 guitar, both on stage and at home. I swapped a CV 50's maple neck on it and it became personal heaven. I absolutely love it. My only complaints are the flimsy jack cup, and the thin finish.

6. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Holic

Jul 7, 2014
    Belgium
    I do like the necks on the CV series... They look nice (glossy, vintage tint), and play easy...

7. Enners

Enners TDPRI Member

Jan 16, 2016
    uk
    Just taken delivery of my cvc sunburst yesterday,absolutely thrilled,the finish on the guitar really is first class
    I had some static issues which I resolved with a piece of tinfoil and a loose jack plug socket which I tightened down with a pair of long nose pliers.
    On a budget of about 500 bucks I was going to buy a fender tele but after research and reading all the reviews of the cvc decided that I wasn't really that concerned what it said on the headstock,good move , very happy with my purchase
    I'm going to change the mint green pickguard for a pearloid one then going to give some consideration to putting on a F bigsby with a vibramate
    This guitars gonna be a lifelong friend.

8. alexcoupe

alexcoupe Tele-Meister

May 17, 2013
    Portugal
    After a year of unconfortable playng because my hands are big i finaly trade the neck with a friend for a CV 50, oh my...wat a diference, now i can play it for hours.

[​IMG]

9. Sollophonic

Sollophonic Friend of Leo's

Ah, maple neck on the CVC, it's a match/mod made in heaven IMO

[​IMG]

It's an MIM Std on mine though.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.