Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Classic Vibe 50's w/ Baja Neck...WOW!

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by naveed211, Feb 23, 2018.

1. naveed211

naveed211 Tele-Meister

May 16, 2009
    wisconsin
    I decided to swap the neck on my Classic Vibe 50's pine tele. I thought the stock neck was pretty good, but I wanted something a bit chunkier and not as lacquered. I heard a lot of good things about the Baja necks so I found one on ebay and went for it. I installed the neck today, fit perfectly, just have to raise the action a little.

I can't believe the difference in tone! The guitar was instantly louder, snappier, twangier, had more clarity, and was tighter in the low end. And it plays like a dream. A very slight V as many have described. Full, but not what I would call fat, very comfortable.

Also added a white pickguard. I've considered getting it refinished and changing the pickups, but I'm really digging the tone I'm getting right now so I may keep everything else as is. Seriously, a radical change in the tone from swapping to the Baja neck!

Attached Files:

2. Chmason85

Chmason85 TDPRI Member

Jan 30, 2018
    Philadelphia/Louisville
    Looks killer, nice job! Is the body pretty much the same as a fender body?

3. naveed211

naveed211 Tele-Meister

May 16, 2009
    wisconsin
    I'm not positive if the dimensions are exact, but I believe so.

4. flatcat

flatcat Tele-Meister

Jan 22, 2016
    Detroit
    This could catch on!

naveed211 likes this.

5. TheRoman

TheRoman TDPRI Member

Oct 16, 2017
    washington DC
    Just stumbled on this thread...but I must boast that I just put a new Baja 6's Pau Ferro (sp?) neck on a 2009 Classic vibe 60's custom body (bought used)...and it just dominates. I have 6 MIA fenders and this hybrid is my "desert island" keeper. I upgraded the bridge saddles to brass Fender compensated (kept original plate because it's a nice thick piece of ferrrous steel) and swapped out the loathsome "butterfly" string tree for a "vintage round" one. I'm having trouble dealing with that fact that the Squire pickups sound amazing and the rest of the electronics are just fine (note: previous owner put a top of the line 3 way switch in there. Originals really are sort of inferior). The Squire body is just absolutely perfect and looks like a Strativarius or something. How can a relatively inexpensive Chinese product be so good ? The original neck was actually just fine...but the Baja neck is superb. You cannot tell me that MIA necks are superior while using this one as an example to the contrary.

6. idjster

idjster VERY grateful member Ad Free Member

The neck on my Baja is one of the reasons I bought it and I think it feels great. Nice job!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.