Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

CL Squier MIJ

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by mefgames, Jul 18, 2017.

1. mefgames

mefgames Tele-Afflicted Platinum Supporter

Oct 31, 2010
    North Bay, Ca

2. scottser

scottser Tele-Holic

Mar 6, 2009
    dublin
    E serial numbers seem to be very collectable if it's not a fake. Pickups obviously not original and what's the story with plate on the back? I wouldn't pay asking for it anyway.

3. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 2, 2010
    Maine
    I love MIJ Fenders and Squiers, but $500 in well used condition with changed parts seems high.
    People balk at $1000 for mid '80s MIJ fenders in all original mint cond with better overall quality because they were double the price new.

If MIJ Sqiiers are now collectors items, buy perfect collector pieces for the inflated price but pay user prices for non mint non original.
    IMO.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017

4. TimothyC

TimothyC Tele-Holic

May 12, 2016
    California
    MIJ fujigen squiers and fender are some of my personal favorites. I have an E7 strat That I adore, and Id love to have an E series tele. But 500 seems high even to me as a big fan of them. Their prices seem.... artificially high if you ask me. Theyre wonderful instruments on par with new fender stuff, but I think theyre still kinda obscure. I doubt theyll ever really be collectible, and if they do ever hit that point you'll to find someone who also seems them of that value. Personally, I wouldnt pay more than 400 for a fujigen squier or fender. I dont see them gaining value, I just see people putting high prices on them trying to justify their craftsmanship and rarity. They arent particularly rare either.

Mr Scallywag and telemnemonics like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.