Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

CJ Tooling saddles

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by flyingbanana, Jun 23, 2012.

1. flyingbanana

flyingbanana Poster Extraordinaire

Got some 1/4" crs saddles on order from CJ Tooling. I also ordered an extra brass b/e saddle. With a 9.5" radius, the smaller saddles are welcome so I can lower my action. I prefer it comfortably resting on the frets. :p

2. Tele56

Tele56 Tele-Holic

Nov 18, 2005
    Phoenix AZ
    Have a set of the larger steel saddles on an esquire. They sound great! Glad you are happy with yours.

3. flyingbanana

I don't have them yet...just interested to see how they help intonation and what they'll sound like compared to the Allparts saddles.

4. gtrwrks

gtrwrks Tele-Afflicted

May 18, 2003
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Another fan here - 5/16" dia steel.

[​IMG]

5. flyingbanana

What's up with the 3 strings being top loaded?

6. afoolsparadise

afoolsparadise Tele-Meister

Nov 29, 2009
    Portland, ME
    Used their 5/16" steel on an pine Esquire with a Rumplestiltskin Black Rope - love it!

Been thinking about mixing string through with top load. Does it make much of a difference? Different tone? Easier bends?

7. gtrwrks

gtrwrks Tele-Afflicted

May 18, 2003
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Little less tension - allows me to use larger diameter plain strings for a fatter tone. Guitar plays with 'normal' feeling string tension, but using fatter strings for the top 3.

FParadise - Yes, easier to bend, slinkier feel, etc, if you didn't change your string ga (as I mentioned that I did).

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.