Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

CII Affinity Telenut width

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by JimmieT, Aug 31, 2018.

1. JimmieT

JimmieT Tele-Meister

Apr 12, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    I recently bought an Affinity Tele after they switched over to Crafted in Indonesia. One of the first things I noticed was that my fingers weren't cramped playing an open 3 finger A chord as they always were on the CIC model. I measured the nut and it was a full 1 5/8" which I believe is wider than the CIC model I had in the past but sold due to the narrow nut.

Has anyone else noticed this?
    I put in some OV pups and CTS pots and I'm loving this Tele.

2. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Holic

Jul 7, 2014
    Belgium
    Yep, but the Indonesian string through Affinity (2012-2017) was full width as well. Only the Chinese version was more narrow.

But since I replaced the nut on my Chinese toploader, I chose one with standard E-e spacing, which solved the problem anyway. The high and low e were closer to the edge of the fretboard, but for my style of playing, that doesn't really make any difference.

I was surprised with the new Indonesian top load Affinity too...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.