Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Chrome Red MIM Standard Telecaster?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by xFallenx, May 13, 2015.

1. Tele Sevalas

Tele Sevalas TDPRI Member

Nov 20, 2017
    Ireland

Loco and Lefty Addams like this.

2. Lefty Addams

Lefty Addams Tele-Holic

May 6, 2012
    England
    Nice DIY job, Tele!

As you rightly said, this series was produced for a couple of years, 7/2006 until 11/2008 and came in Black, Chrome Red, Brown Sunburst, Midnight Wine and Electron Blue.

The enhancements for this series were Standard Gig Bag, new hotter pickups (as you mentioned), Medium Jumbo Frets and shielded internal cavities.

I am currently chasing an Electron Blue one as we speak, lefty version of course, so i shall let you know if / when I am successful.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 4:17 AM

3. Tele Sevalas

Nov 20, 2017
    Ireland
    Sounds cool. I’m not decided on the blue but I did see one sell for €300 recently. I’d buy one for that and have a pair!!! Thank you!

Lefty Addams likes this.

4. Tele Sevalas

Nov 20, 2017
    Ireland
    More pics now she’s running hot! I name all my axes and this one is called Red Ryder!

Attached Files:

5. Lefty Addams

Lefty Addams Tele-Holic

May 6, 2012
    England

6. Tele Sevalas

Nov 20, 2017
    Ireland
    I don’t know why guys mod them. If I stick locking tuners, SD pickups and SS saddles on it’s an extra €400 including tech labour. Add that to what I paid and you’re almost in the new US Fender ball park for a few dollars more! Lol. I’ll keep it as it is as it’s a fine guitar and I can’t fault it. Why shell out the money to hear maybe a 10% sound improvement? I can get another Tele for the price! Good instrument set up, good amp signal path is more or less half the battle. Better to practice your chops than waste time nitpicking. Any time I was blown away by the great playing of a busker on the street I never walked away thinking, “ok so he had a cheap Ibanez and battery powered transistor amp”! Duh! Play well and people will notice your chops not your gear!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.