Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Chris Scruggs As New Bassist for "The Fabulous Superlatives"!

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by tonytrout, Mar 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. telex76

telex76 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Fort Worth,Tx.
    Anybody ever find out for sure if Marty is going to do a new season of shows.

I think Chris will be alright. When he's been on it has been as a featured player. I'm sure he will be a little different as a band member. I don't see Marty letting a band get away from him.

2. sixstringbastard

sixstringbastard Friend of Leo's

Mar 21, 2003
    Pittsburgh PA
    His style?

3. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Yep, to me Chris and Leroy would make a better team than Chris and Marty's band. He's just kind of goofy looking when he comes on the show, he looks like he might have been expecting to play with the Mafia Jug band and came dressed for the part. I mean come on, a plaid jacket and that goofy hat, hornrims from the 50s? Really?

As an aside. I've slept on it, and in my magnanimity as a fan, I'm gonna go ahead and at least let Chris try out for the band. If they'll style his hair a little, get him some contacts, and put him in some of Paul's old suits (he won't be needing them now) and he can learn to smile, maybe it'll be alright. (there's always CSI Miami reruns if he doesn't work out)

I have a right to good expectations from Marty, I've watched his show since November of 2008 , and paid cancellation fees to keep doing so when his show was dropped from my signal provider, and I had to switch providers just to watch his show. I paid for tickets to see him in Bakersfield, and would travel to see him AND the band. (but I dunno about traveling to see Chris, not unless Leroy was gonna be there) ;)

4. Ben Jammin'

Ben Jammin' Tele-Meister

Feb 15, 2004
    Out in the Woods
    BTW, I read somewhere, (I think was on here in another thread) that Marty isn't going to do his show next year. Planning to take a year off to deal with his sick father and planning on curtailing his schedule a bit.

Now, don't shoot the messenger. I'm just as upset as anybody, but I sure can't blame him for that.

I have noticed that the re-runs seem to be all that is on nowadays, (and that's OK with me too - I've stuck with Joey + Rory for the whole time too).

Maybe Paul saw this as an opportunity to spend some quality time honing his family band, (and retaining an income), until Marty's family issues are past.

I really don't care, as long as the Fabulous Superlatives and MS keep making REAL COUNTRY MUSIC, and don't cave to the commercialization that Nashville has come to be known for.......puttin' out KRAP !!!

And like Forrest Gump, that's all I've got to say about that...

5. JimInMO

JimInMO Tele-Meister

Jun 26, 2008
    Group W Bench
    I kind of recall hearing the studio he was using for the show is no longer available. Nothing about finding another one..

6. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

Alvin would never get the stink eye from me...

I think I'd 'do a stink eye selfie' before I'd even ponder that'un.

7. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit
    Love Chris on steel and I'm sure he'll add a lot to the band.

I last saw Marty right before the old bass player left (and he was real good) so the show goes on...

8. SnidelyWhiplash

SnidelyWhiplash Tele-Afflicted

Jun 18, 2009
    Hogtown,KY.
    Kinda sad because Apostle Paul is a fellow KY boy. But,he feels
    that he needs to spend more time with the family,so be it.
    MS is the bandleader,so he feels that the new bassist would
    be a good fit or he wouldn't have hired him. :cool:

9. bigbean

bigbean Tele-Afflicted

Feb 6, 2013
    Hartville OH
    I told you Mama wadn't going to put up with that "Stink Eye" stuff.

I hope you're happy getting this thread kicked ofn the "baddog" and sent to the "music ears" thread. Next stop is "locked" or "Deeleetud".

10. JackStraw

JackStraw Friend of Leo's

Mar 22, 2008
    In The Pines
    Uh, it's about music. Belongs right where it is.

11. sixstringbastard

Mar 21, 2003
    Pittsburgh PA
    I'm coming from the exact opposite direction. I think that Chris' style is spot on. The 50's look is way cooler.
    I sure hope he sticks with who he is and what he does.

As for Paul's suits....The Easter egg colored ones are pretty awful.

12. sixstringbastard

Mar 21, 2003
    Pittsburgh PA
    Ugh. That sucks. I'm sorry if that's why Marty needs to take time off. My thoughts are with him and his family.

13. tonytrout

tonytrout Friend of Leo's

Mar 19, 2003
    Brasstown/Murphy, NC

You're spot on. Marty is taking time off from the show to spend it with his family and see over his father's health issues. However, I haven't seen a post on FB about how John (his Dad) is doing lately. I hope and pray that he's ok.

And as far as the show taking this year off? I can confirm via Jennifer on FB that Marty isn't doing any television shows this year due to the above and wanting to take a break.

And just on my part, I'm not saying anymore period because Chris just sent me a FB message quoting Scripture about gossip and slander. Chris, if you're reading this, I meant no harm. I just simply don't think you're a fit for the FS - that's all. We can have our own opinion, can't we?

14. tonytrout

tonytrout Friend of Leo's

Mar 19, 2003
    Brasstown/Murphy, NC
    I'm backing out of this thread and taking back my statement that Chris has been trying to nudge into the band for years. I simply opened my big mouth and stated something and stated things that wasn't/aren't isn't true in the least.

I'm outta here.....

15. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

and we are done.

thread closed.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.